Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    For having some very talented actors this was not th as the good at all. Maybe it was the director or maybe it was the script but so many of the lines came off as just odd. Not a good start so I am going to pass watching anymore.
    I just finished watching it, I thought it was absolutely excellent. I knew I would not jump on the bandwagon of hate piling on as people on the internet are want to do until I had seen the series for myself. And I was right. All the people expecting this to be terrible, were wrong. The show will still get immense hate, but if anyone watched these two episodes and thought it was trash... we have incompatible tastes.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

As someone who absolutely hated the Abrahams Star Trek movies, I really liked this show.

I felt it was a touch of DS9, with modern special effects, interesting characters, a good story, and looked friggin slick.
    The paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
    ~ Karl Popper

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    As someone who absolutely hated the Abrahams Star Trek movies, I really liked this show.

I felt it was a touch of DS9, with modern special effects, interesting characters, a good story, and looked friggin slick.
    Outside of the Phasers and Communicators which were based of TOS the rest was Abrams based designs. The Ship was a slicker Kelvin, the Klingons looked more like Abrams Klingons than any others, and even the flashback to the Vulcan class room and kids clothing was straight out of Star Trek 09.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    To be fair the first season of Next Generation sucked, sometimes you have to give something time before it gets really good.
    The first season of DS 9 sucked too.

And this was much better than the first episode of either Next Gen or DS 9, whatever else was wrong with the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The first season of DS 9 sucked too.

And this was much better than the first episode of either Next Gen or DS 9, whatever else was wrong with the episode.
    I loved all the pilot stories for past Trek series this is the only one I personally disliked.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    The albino Klingon seems familiar. I remember the Albino Klingon in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath." Couldn't be the same character.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Albino
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Just finished the first episode.

It was pretty good IMO.

I also really, really enjoyed it. I liked how the introductory scenes placed the emphasis on exploration and science-based missions. I'm okay with the Klingon re-design. I like Sonequa and Michelle's characters very much, and as for supporting characters I'm enjoying Lt. Com. Saru and the new actor for Sarek. I thought plot, dialogue, and pacing were all fine. The mixing of the Abramsverse aesthetic with old school Trek touches worked well. Perhaps most importantly, this was the first thing I've seen since the Voyager series finale that actually felt like Trek. More than Nemesis, more than Enterprise, more than the latest 3 movies. This is Trek.

My sole peeve is perhaps that the Klingon dialogue doesn't sound natural or fluent, but I've been spoiled with the excellent rendition of fictional languages like Dothraki and High Valyrian on GoT.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Ultimate Member

Just finished the second episode, it was pretty awesome to be honest.

Very fast paced with nice production values. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I also really, really enjoyed it. I liked how the introductory scenes placed the emphasis on exploration and science-based missions. I'm okay with the Klingon re-design. I like Sonequa and Michelle's characters very much, and as for supporting characters I'm enjoying Lt. Com. Saru and the new actor for Sarek. I thought plot, dialogue, and pacing were all fine. The mixing of the Abramsverse aesthetic with old school Trek touches worked well. Perhaps most importantly, this was the first thing I've seen since the Voyager series finale that actually felt like Trek. More than Nemesis, more than Enterprise, more than the latest 3 movies. This is Trek.

My sole peeve is perhaps that the Klingon dialogue doesn't sound natural or fluent, but I've been spoiled with the excellent rendition of fictional languages like Dothraki and High Valyrian on GoT.
    Enterprise felt very much like trek to me. While I liked the Abrams movies they never felt fully like trek to me and this feels even less like trek to me. Right now the most trek feeling show to me is Orville that feels like the spiritual successor to Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sorry there is only one #1 and that's Riker. Find a different nickname for her.
    AMEN!!!! She's definitely no Riker and this isn't anything like the TOS and TNG
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    The albino Klingon seems familiar. I remember the Albino Klingon in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath." Couldn't be the same character.
    STOP HELPING THEM!

I mean, it's a cool connection but i dont want this tied to the prime timeline in any way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sorry there is only one #1 and that's Riker. Find a different nickname for her.
    Riker wasn't even the original "#1". Majel Barrett was.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Riker wasn't even the original "#1". Majel Barrett was.
    I love Riker but yeah.

It has an 88% RT score, its confirmed, kino, sweet kino.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut