Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Crew: Outside of Saru, Tilly, and Ash who might be a Klingon spy I find this crew completely unlikable and their total disregard for life is appalling the shuttle pilot dies when Burnham comes aboard and even Landry's deaths are treated with no emotion and in the shuttle pilot's case even acknowledgment. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and Archer would never treat a crewmembers death like this even red shirts .
    There's no real reason to assume the pilot is dead.
    Discovery was right there to beam her aboard. Also, somebody piloted that shuttle back at the end of the episode.
    Lorca is a cold bastard, but he's not at the level of randomly offing Starfleet personal for giggles.

This is more sloppy storytelling than the Discovery crew being evil bastards for the sake of being evil.

The "Klingons": Now they could have used the augment virus or anything to explain why these Klingons want a more pure Klingon race but nope nothing and these things act like no Klingons we ever met before they have no honor IMO.
    On the other hand, the augment virus was a terrible retcon that didn't even make a lot of sense, and Roddenberry didn't feel like he had to offer even a hint of explanation when he redesigned the entire Klingon culture and appearance.

Mighty Member

So far I have seen the first 4 out of 9 and i thought it was really good so far
    The star trek Discovery comic is coming out this coming wednesday the 27th. Who is going to get it?

BANNED

Just curious if anyone on this thread realizes that, outside of this thread, Star Trek: Discovery has dropped completely off the radar? I mean, Star Trek has traditionally been an ever-present thing, something at least vaguely present in the collective consciousness of our culture. Not the case with this show. It's basically dropped completely off the map. Unless you are specifically looking for it, there's no indication that Discovery actually exists.

BANNED

I wouldn't know. Star Trek hasn't ever been anywhere near the map over here.

Spectacular Member

I've enjoyed Star Trek Continues and its fantastic series finale more then Discovery this fall, thats for sure....

I think Star Trek Beyond came and went with a similar lack of fanfare. Into Darkness was the last Trek installment the general audience got truly excited for.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I think Star Trek Beyond came and went with a similar lack of fanfare. Into Darkness was the last Trek installment the general audience got truly excited for.
    And it was so bad, and so disappointing, and so nonsensical, that it made people give up on the whole damn franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    And it was so bad, and so disappointing, and so nonsensical, that it made people give up on the whole damn franchise.
    Welp, CBS and Netflix are happy enough with it that they announced season 2...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Just curious if anyone on this thread realizes that, outside of this thread, Star Trek: Discovery has dropped completely off the radar? I mean, Star Trek has traditionally been an ever-present thing, something at least vaguely present in the collective consciousness of our culture. Not the case with this show. It's basically dropped completely off the map. Unless you are specifically looking for it, there's no indication that Discovery actually exists.
    It isn't nor ever was it an ever really an ever present thing in popculture except maybe briefly when it first came on the air in the 60's and then again during the heady heyday of the Next Gen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It isn't nor ever was it an ever really an ever present thing in popculture except maybe briefly when it first came on the air in the 60's and then again during the heady heyday of the Next Gen.
    Its always been around. Its a good solid franchise but its never been Marvel, or Star Wars, or Harry Potter or anything. But its a pretty remarkable franchise in that its been around in one form or another since 1966?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its always been around. Its a good solid franchise but its never been Marvel, or Star Wars, or Harry Potter or anything. But its a pretty remarkable franchise in that its been around in one form or another since 1966?
    It certainly has longevity, and I've always loved it but it's rarely been something that was talked about by everyone.

Incredible Member

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Check out this weeks' Empire podcast, which has a great interview with Jason Isaacs and Sonequa Martin-Green. It's a wonderful podcast in general, in fact, and well worth subscribing to.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Just saw on Trekyards that Discovery is not only larger than the Constitution Class Enterprise but it's larger than Excelsior and even the Sovereign Class Enterprise the Flagship of the Federation a 120 years after these events take place. Why did they place this show in the Prime Timeline during the TOS Era?

Just watched episode 10 and it was great, sorry about the Doctor I guess no one is safe in this show except Burnham. Wonder if the mysterious Emperor is Kirk, and Tilly was funny as well excuse I meant Captain Killy.