Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Bondage Empress. Yup. That's what I've always called her.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't think they were ever a threat to Discovery. If they were they would have attacked Discovery instead of targeting the village. They knew they were no match.
    As for the Prime Directive, they were stated to be Warp capable and had already made contact with Starfleet. While the Prime Directive does still apply to internal affairs like the Klingon civil war, it doesn't sanction allowing genocide by Warp-capable civilizations, which is what had been going on for 2000 years.
    I specifically meant forcefully evolving millions of people without their consent, an act that was morally questionable, against the Prime Directive, and sure to make them targets of the technologically sophisticated race that controlled them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Are you reffering to me as the clueless guy?
    No, the guy you responded to with questionable tastes that thinks the latest episode was trash based on synopses and supposition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bondage Empress. Yup. That's what I've always called her.
    I specifically meant forcefully evolving millions of people without their consent, an act that was morally questionable, against the Prime Directive, and sure to make them targets of the technologically sophisticated race that controlled them.
    Hope that you like my scetch. I thought it ould cheer you up.

So she joined Section 31 because for 200 years from Ent - DSC - DS9 and beyond, their uniforms were always black leather, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Hope that you like my scetch. I thought it ould cheer you up.
    It's nice. I smiled.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've been enjoying Discovery a lot more this year as it feels much more Star Trek-y now, but I decided to check out The Orville because I heard they've also gotten over their somewhat wobbly first season and become a better show.

I've only watched a handful of the most highly rated episodes from the first season and it's very much a loving tribute to Star Trek: TNG. With Star Trek: Disco slowly embracing more and more of the TOS era's vibe, this is a pretty good time to be a Star Trek fan, despite the 4th film being cancelled.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Trek has always been better on the small screen, anyway.

It was only that first arc in S1 that was sketchy. Since the back half of S1, this show has been amazing!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I've been enjoying Discovery a lot more this year as it feels much more Star Trek-y now, but I decided to check out The Orville because I heard they've also gotten over their somewhat wobbly first season and become a better show.

I've only watched a handful of the most highly rated episodes from the first season and it's very much a loving tribute to Star Trek: TNG. With Star Trek: Disco slowly embracing more and more of the TOS era's vibe, this is a pretty good time to be a Star Trek fan, despite the 4th film being cancelled.
    The Orville season 2 is even better, imo. Loving this show so much right now. It has a lot of heart and solid Sci-Fi. Please keep watching. I didn't like the season 2 premiere, but I think it was a leftover ep from season 1.

I haven't seen ST: Discovery, but I'm planning too. Big trekkie here.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The Orville season 2 is even better, imo. Loving this show so much right now. It has a lot of heart and solid Sci-Fi. Please keep watching. I didn't like the season 2 premiere, but I think it was a leftover ep from season 1.

I haven't seen ST: Discovery, but I'm planning too. Big trekkie here.
    The first season is better than any Star Trek show, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement

Extraordinary Member

So I'm thinking Burnham is the red angel at this point with the whole Spock thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The first season is better than any Star Trek show, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement
    There isn't one live action Trek series that Discovery is better than Orville if it keeps up the good works it could be better than VOY and perhaps ENT.

BANNED

I have the impression that they definitely try to retcon something since time travel is confirmed.

BANNED

Is it possible that Discovery might be tackling with the Borg?
    In the two last episodes they brought up the issue of an A.I that travels back through time along with the Red Angel which was just revealed as
    Burnam's mother.

The bit with Pike tonight was horrific. I love when Star Trek goes scary.

Such an inhumane thing to do to a character but the way Pike handled it was the most human, most brave thing anyone on this show has ever done. It genuinely moved me. What a difference a new season and new writers and new showrunners and new actors makes.