Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Could be a Klingon/Ferengi.
    Well, the Federation President's a Cardassian-Human.
    I can't wait to see/am dreading what the future Klingons will look like. It feels like they were avoided in s3 intentionally. Adding hair was a huge positive already in s2, and I hope things continue to progress positively.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

I wonder why some of the redesigns are 'necessary'

My DVR was running out of space, so I deleted the unwatched episodes.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I wonder why some of the redesigns are 'necessary'
    While I certainly wouldn't have minded if they had went with the look the make up had settled on in the TNG films and in DS9 but I'm okay with wanting a more alien look which has always been what has driven the Klingon make up to change over the years.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    While I certainly wouldn't have minded if they had went with the look the make up had settled on in the TNG films and in DS9 but I'm okay with wanting a more alien look which has always been what has driven the Klingon make up to change over the years.
    That's fine. I don't dislike this redesign so far. I just wasn't big on the DSC Klingon redesign

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm beginning to feel like Klingons are just the attack dogs of some hidden race, and every generation or so the 'hidden masters' introduce some upgrades to their genome that makes them even more effective attack dogs. Redundant organs. Improved (bright magenta) blood. Extra bone deposits and ridges for padding/armoring.

And the Klingons just sort of roll with the fact that they have to update their artwork and statues every generation, since their faces keep changing...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm beginning to feel like Klingons are just the attack dogs of some hidden race, and every generation or so the 'hidden masters' introduce some upgrades to their genome that makes them even more effective attack dogs. Redundant organs. Improved (bright magenta) blood. Extra bone deposits and ridges for padding/armoring.

And the Klingons just sort of roll with the fact that they have to update their artwork and statues every generation, since their faces keep changing...
    That wouldn't be a terrible story per say, but I'd rather stick just accepting that the changes are due artistic choices behind the scenes, it's less convoluted that way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The other HD era makeup glowups worked fine and in keeping with what we've known before. The Tellarites, Andorians, Cardassians, etc. were good... but the Klingon redesign was a bridge too far. And the good thing about the Ferengi is that we know they've got many sizes and shapes of lobes, so this one can just be an anomaly should TPTB choose to go with something more traditional yet still HD-ready later. Even if not, I'm OK with it.
    The real question is whether or not the Ferengi have completely reformed their financial-based society in the past millennium or if they've reverted after the Burn.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Maybe he's the descendant of Quark and Grilka.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The other HD era makeup glowups worked fine and in keeping with what we've known before. The Tellarites, Andorians, Cardassians, etc. were good... but the Klingon redesign was a bridge too far. And the good thing about the Ferengi is that we know they've got many sizes and shapes of lobes, so this one can just be an anomaly should TPTB choose to go with something more traditional yet still HD-ready later. Even if not, I'm OK with it.
    The real question is whether or not the Ferengi have completely reformed their financial-based society in the past millennium or if they've reverted after the Burn.
    I'd like to see a Ferengi society that's progressed somewhat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    My DVR was running out of space, so I deleted the unwatched episodes.
    hmmmm, usually when I do this about a show, record them then delete them for another series on DVR, it means my subconscious has told me a long time ago, I had no heavy interest in the show in the first place

Unfortunately Discovery is not one of those shows, that feels like a must see.

Kind of wonder what the Klingons are up to in both PICARD and DISCOVERY, especially since the Romulans have lost their planet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder what the Klingons are up to in both PICARD and DISCOVERY, especially since the Romulans have lost their planet.
    Klingons were nominally at peace with the Federation during the previous era in the timeline, so I imagine they're not actively antagonizing the Romulans but not welcoming them either

STO (although I don't think it's canon) and I think some of the possible alternate futures do kind of state that the Klingons went to war with the Federation again.

The Klingons are supposed to join the Federation by the battle of Procyon V. Maybe they've struck out on their own empire-building again after the Burn... or even before.