Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1142
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Nah, this has nothing to do with Kurtzman. You can save your vendetta on this one. Star Trek has been pretty "niche" for some time. General audiences know Kirk and his crew but most aren't going to readily recognize Dax, Janeway or Sisko.
    And its a pretty healthy niche, Discovery is going to season five and both of the cartoon spin offs are doing good, a second live action show is set to debut and more are planned.
    But sure, it's a failure.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And its a pretty healthy niche, Discovery is going to season five and both of the cartoon spin offs are doing good, a second live action show is set to debut and more are planned.
    Lol exactly. I have no issue with people saying they don't like current Trek. What's weird is when they try to ignore objective metrics and pass that individual opinion off as factual.

Lol exactly. I have no issue with people saying they don't like current Trek. What's weird is when they try to ignore objective metrics and pass that individual opinion off as factual.
    Yeah, I'm personally not a huge fan of the latest season myself but to say it isn't successful is beyond silly.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

I don't think Star Trek has been a "water-cooler" show since TOS.
    Into Darkness was a horrible movie and thanks to it, Beyond (which was a far better movie) paid the price.
    It also had put a break to the cinematic outings for quite a while now.

As for the new shows, I really am enjoying them. I have some pretty minor issues but I do enjoy them to the fullest.

Objective Metrics? Oh cool you got that info for show?! I thought Paramount didn't release those. Awesome.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Objective Metrics? Oh cool you got that info for show?! I thought Paramount didn't release those. Awesome.
    We don't really need concrete viewership numbers, no production company is going to continue sinking money into a show and giving that show spin offs if they aren't happy with its performance.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-21-2022 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    A third, you mean. Unless you dislike Picard so much that you ignore it's existence the way I do all Matrix sequels, heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Despite obvious issues, I've enjoyed the last 3 seasons. Here's to another enjoyable season even though I doubt they'll fix the show's problems now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Still hoping for something to deal with the Klingons. They haven't been around since season 2. We know that the Romulans unified with the Vulcans, and the Ferengi and Cardassians seem to be on good terms with the Federation, but nothing on the Klingons.

Maybe they're saving them for Picard season 3 since we'll see Worf again. Picard always seem to negotiate on the level of mutual respect with them, as opposed to Kirk who was more combative..
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I suspect we will see very few things from the past iteration of the Federation and it's member races that we recognize.
    Based on the variations and evolutions we saw in S4 my hunch is to see more of that in S5.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Star Trek: Discovery season 5 reveals first look and new plot details

An "epic adventure" across the galaxy awaits...

"Captain Burnham and the crew of the USS Discovery uncover a mystery that sends them on an epic adventure across the galaxy to find an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries," it reads.

"But there are others on the hunt as well… dangerous foes who are desperate to claim the prize for themselves and will stop at nothing to get it."

Sounds just like s4's race to stop Tarka from destroying the DMA or the race to contact the ancient power of the 10C. Must everything be billed as an epic quest which ends up getting needlessly drawn out over so many episodes that it gets boring?

I'll hope for the best. S4 had issues but I mostly enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Sounds just like s4's race to stop Tarka from destroying the DMA or the race to contact the ancient power of the 10C. Must everything be billed as an epic quest which ends up getting needlessly drawn out over so many episodes that it gets boring?

I'll hope for the best. S4 had issues but I mostly enjoyed it.
    Same thoughts here!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was hoping that with the DISCO crew firmly established in the 29th Century and a Federation in full growth mode season arcs would change.
    From one over arching one back to what is done on SNW and frankly most of the 24th century era shows, one/done or at least 2-3 parters.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime