Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I ended up watching it by 'accident' tonight. Not bad, but not good enough to subscribe to another streaming service. Not sure why they changed the Klingon to look more like orcs in metal petlum tops... I liked the first officer well enough, but ugh, assaulting the captain and taking over the ship is a little strong for a character flaw...

I didn't mind it, some pieces I didn't care for (the cinematography), but I'm interested to watch more. Apparently in Canada the series is airing on regular television or something.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Oh nice, because of the stuff before it running long, my DVR only got part of the episode and it doesn't seem like they are even airing the first episode again on TV.
    Yeah we recorded ncis la to make sure.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

How did she manage to knock out the captain because humans can't perform the nerve pinch no matter if they grew up on Vulcan or not and if it was one it was half added cause she wouldn't have been back up that fast.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Man...

While the characters seemed interesting enough, that was one incredibly wobbly start.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I really enjoyed it. The 2nd episode was top-notch also. Can't wait until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How did she manage to knock out the captain because humans can't perform the nerve pinch no matter if they grew up on Vulcan or not and if it was one it was half added cause she wouldn't have been back up that fast.
    Well, she clearly failed to do a proper one. The captain woke up a minute later.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I ended up watching it by 'accident' tonight. Not bad, but not good enough to subscribe to another streaming service. Not sure why they changed the Klingon to look more like orcs in metal petlum tops... I liked the first officer well enough, but ugh, assaulting the captain and taking over the ship is a little strong for a character flaw...
    Some of the best Star Trek characters begin with some significant character flaw or flaws.

I still have to get used to these new Klingons, but otherwise I enjoyed the first two episodes. Still think that this show would fit better in the Kelvin timeline and connect well with 'Into Darkness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sorry there is only one #1 and that's Riker. Find a different nickname for her.
    Actually, the title Number One is an old school nickname for the First Officer of a ship. And in this case it is done in tribute to Majal Barrett (Roddenberry's wife) who played a character who was only known as Number One in Star Trek's original pilot.

BANNED

Not gonna lie. it was pretty damn good. The Production values were off the charts. Can't wait for the third episode.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

The albino Klingon seems familiar. I remember the Albino Klingon in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath." Couldn't be the same character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man...

While the characters seemed interesting enough, that was one incredibly wobbly start.
    To be fair the first season of Next Generation sucked, sometimes you have to give something time before it gets really good.

I get characters have been flawed in Star Trek even some of the best but there is a difference between being flawed and starting a war that can get billions killed. She should be drummed out of Starfleet. Also I'm really annoyed with this being set in the Prime Timeline outside of the Phasers and Communicators everything about this show screams Kelvin Timeline. Which I liked those films but they never tried to be the Prime Timeline. Just set your show in the Kelvin Timeline of that what you want don't try to lure fans of the Prime Timeline with false claims which this feels like it's Prime in name only IMO.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For having some very talented actors this was not th as the good at all. Maybe it was the director or maybe it was the script but so many of the lines came off as just odd. Not a good start so I am going to pass watching anymore.