Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Grant Morrison write a DCU History book saying what’s canon Post Rebirth

Title Speaks for itself. Should Grant Morrison write a revised DCU history for Post Flashpoint detailing what is and isnt Canon after Doomsday Clock.

I’d also like a book from him detailing the Aftermath of Metal’s Implications... Especially about the Multiverse, the Cosmic and Magic implications etc

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Shouldn't really be necessary if the goal is to just bring back old elements of the DCU

Morrison? A hardcover book would be overkill for a single page with two words:

Everything happened.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Shouldn't really be necessary if the goal is to just bring back old elements of the DCU
    But we would then have a Concrete Timeline of what has been added in the 10 Years missing Post Flashpoint as opposed to the assumptions we make currently

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

With his skill at world building I am confident Morrison can pull it off and with how things are shaping up to be reversed I think he should.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Not so long ago, only Geoff Johns would have been considered for that job. Things have changed.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No, because they'd just change it a week later anyway.

Though Morrison's take on the DC universe is more appealing than most.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I doubt he'd want to do that, and the whole thing sounds stressful to me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Morrison? A hardcover book would be overkill for a single page with two words:

Everything happened.
    This gave me the lulz

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I love it when Morrison is pushed in that direction so, for me personally, yeah that'd be great. I love Morrison's work on the Multiverse in particular.

I can't see it though. I doubt he'd need the aggravation involved in a project like that. And how long would it stay in continuity?
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-04-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Morrison? Absolutely not. Johns however.....maybe..

Sure, I’d probably be short though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Title Speaks for itself. Should Grant Morrison write a revised DCU history for Post Flashpoint detailing what is and isnt Canon after Doomsday Clock.

I’d also like a book from him detailing the Aftermath of Metal’s Implications... Especially about the Multiverse, the Cosmic and Magic implications etc
    Nope. The beauty of the DCU is the variety of concepts and franchises. The Flash team needs to figure what happened with the Flashes, GL needs to take care of GL. Batman's team takes care of him. After each hero has their past settled out to what they need to progress, then worry about what conflicts. One writer, even Grant Morrison, shouldn't be directing every character and major event's history.

Morrison? No. I doubt the dude has any clue about current continuity, nor do I want him directing the universe to any extent. Johns sure.

Although generally I prefer loose continuity. It provides more freedom for writers and any "definitive" continuity will just be ignored when it isn't convenient anyway.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Agreed with those against the idea. Morrison would be great in bringing up all the old histories (like his Batman run) but his narrative style wouldn't suit a historical flow.