Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think ideally we would have both Jaime and Ted in a JLI-esque roster (which is probably where you would expect them both to turn-up).
    I really like Ted in this mentor/tech-support role he's got now. I think it's a fair compromise between his and Jaime's fan bases, and it opens up some cool aspects of Ted you wouldn't otherwise really see. And nothing says he can't pull out the old costume now and then when things get really dicey.

Ted should be the League's tech guy. Or at least one of them (I'd also like to see John Henry Irons and Mr. Terrific helping out).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I may be a bit biased but I'd rather Jaime Reyes get the call up to join the League over Ted. It just makes sense considering his power set and interaction with League in outside media. Plus he recently crossed paths with Batman.

Wishful thinking I know... But I've seen the wonders Marvel has done with their Hispanic characters and I'm like, its your turn DC!
    Honestly, I think a similar thing could be said about Ted. His power set means he could be the teams tech guy. And he has links with the League in the comics. But as others have pointed out, both of them could join the League.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

I'd be fine with Ted being a retired tech guy whose mentoring Jaime if two conditions were met: 1) He was written well and treated with respect (Which hasn't been the case in the Blue Beetle solo) and 2)If Jaime joins the League or a the JLI comes back together, Ted comes along to, both to continue being the tech guy, and so he can once again pal around with his friends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I may be a bit biased but I'd rather Jaime Reyes get the call up to join the League over Ted. It just makes sense considering his power set and interaction with League in outside media. Plus he recently crossed paths with Batman.

Wishful thinking I know... But I've seen the wonders Marvel has done with their Hispanic characters and I'm like, its your turn DC!

I agree both I also want Jamie far away from Ted because I don't like Ted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I agree both I also want Jamie far away from Ted because I don't like Ted
    Mind if I ask what you've got against Ted? I know plenty of people only care about Jaime but actively disliking Ted is a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Not picking it up until we get Hal back where he belongs.
    Not gonna happen. There was a reason why those two GLs are in the league in the first place, which was another way to promote their book. Green Lanterns sales dropped to 29K. If you remove them you would be risking having their book decline even further a bit. If Priest's JL run is a major hit, it could help their book sales increase and give good promotion. There's absolutely no way someone like Geoff Johns won't take that opportunity.

So no, there's not really going to be a shakeup everyone is expecting here. I just don't see it happening at all.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The fact that there have been so many different versions of the League shows that the concept is not built a certain way. It's simply not how you think the League should be.
    Of those other versions of the League, how many matched the success DC is looking for compared to one that features their big name characters gathered together? JLI aside, which seems very well loved.

The premise of JL is having DC's biggest names teaming up. And I'm sorry, but any League that doesn't feature at least Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, a Flash and a GL in it does not fit the criteria. Again, there is a reason Morrison's JLA was so huge, and it's not just because his name was attached to it. It's due to the characters he was using. And the excitement surrounding Priest getting on JL is due to him being popular writer getting the chance to take a crack at DC's biggest names.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Speaking as a massive Aquaman fan, I would be elated if his leaving the League meant one of my many less popular favorites got some time to shine. Why? Because 1) I know he'd be back eventually, and more importantly 2) HE HAS A SOLO. As you pointed out. Maybe it's because I'm not so into the big names so I'm not as spoiled as a lot of you, but having a solo is HUGE. Whenever I hear someone say that a character whose already appearing regularly in a book or two each month, one of which is a solo or at least, a starring role, needs more exposure, I just shake my head in annoyance because most of the characters I love aren't even around. Oh hey, Aquaman's leaving and Fire and Ice are coming on board? Awesome, now I actually get to enjoy all three of those characters, just in different places! Flash and all the GL's are gone? They've still got their solos and the League has nothing to worry about because Red Tornado, Elongated Man and Martian Manhunter are there to fill in the ranks, you see what I'm saying?

The fact that the A-listers get as much attention as they do over at DC is why I MUCH prefer Marvel's approach to things, even if they have their own set of problems.
    I don't think people who like the bigger name characters and understandably want to read more about the characters they like are spoiled. That's just having an interest and pursuing an interest. And a lot of people pay for it, so DC responds accordingly.

Again, to bring it back to Morrison, the League can have 12+ members. He had Huntress, Steel, Zauriel, Plastic Man, Big Barda and Orion on his League, none of whom match the Trinity and the rest in iconography. Or do what they did in JLU, and have the core 7 with a rotating cast of guest stars. It's possible to feature the big 7 and give spotlight to others. But wanting the big 7 gone because they already have solos is just not a realistic expectation to have, and not something I feel the majority of the comics buying public would be interested in if they are paying money for a comic with "Justice League" in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Not gonna happen. There was a reason why those two GLs are in the league in the first place, which was another way to promote their book. Green Lanterns sales dropped to 29K. If you remove them you would be risking having their book decline even further a bit. If Priest's JL run is a major hit, it could help their book sales increase and give good promotion. There's absolutely no way someone like Geoff Johns won't take that opportunity.

So no, there's not really going to be a shakeup everyone is expecting here. I just don't see it happening at all.
    I'm actually curious to know if Priest might actually be interested in writing Hal.

I know he also wrote the whole Xanshi thing (or didn't he?) but he also did some GL novels starring Hal if I recall correctly.

Mighty Member

I'm actually curious to know if Priest might actually be interested in writing Hal.

I know he also wrote the whole Xanshi thing (or didn't he?) but he also did some GL novels starring Hal if I recall correctly.
    Xanshi wasn't Priest's doing, that was Starlin in Cosmic Odyssey. Priest did write Hal quite a bit in Action Comics Weekly, a few GL novels, and the first issue of Emerald Dawn. He talks a bit about the GL novels on his website: http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/lantern.html He sounds pretty fond of Hal to me

I would like to see Hal written by Priest/on the JL again although I'm not really expecting them to change the lineup much if at all.

Well, Priest didn't have anything to do with Xanshi (as what vartox stated), but he was the one that killed off Katma. Who knows, he wrote Green Lanterns before, so I'm sure he enjoy writing them. He's probably more interested in writing characters that he knows more about and written in the past for (like Hal and John), so it wouldn't surprise me if he's more interested in writing Hal Jordan than the two new rookies. IMO, the only way for them to be replaced (whether it's a GL or another character) is if they're no longer the main protagonist in their title. To have Hal on the team would be beyond Priest's decision it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Well, Priest didn't have anything to do with Xanshi (as what vartox stated), but he was the one that killed off Katma. Who knows, he wrote Green Lanterns before, so I'm sure he enjoy writing them. He's probably more interested in writing characters that he knows more about and written in the past for (like Hal and John), so it wouldn't surprise me if he's more interested in writing Hal Jordan than the two new rookies. IMO, the only way for them to be replaced (whether it's a GL or another character) is if they're no longer the main protagonist in their title. To have Hal on the team would be beyond Priest's decision it seems.
    Well, there's probably a lot of thought that goes into which characters should be in the League and which shouldn't, but I don't think we'll see Simon and Jessica on the League forever.

i hope that priest keeps jess and baz because i think he could bring a lot of deep storytelling to the both of them.

priest has very serious ideas on the justice league already via deathstroke. like, he thinks batman is a psychopath for using a robin. and he's used superman in his deathstroke book already.

this is great news and i'll be here for it.

Good news with Priest being on Justice league as for the team it will mostly likely same as upcoming film it would be good have Hal back on team again just replace him with Baz but keep Jessica also make Mera full time member as well If he did add some members to the team I guess maybe some New Gods or Martin Manhunter those be my pick.
    Last edited by zoch; 09-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm a Superman fan but honestly I would be greatly in favour of Supes not being a full-time member. He keeps being a) jobbed, b) written as a piker and c) barely doing anything.

Remember Johns' run? Superman did absolutely nothing interesting there. Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Lex Luthor featured more than Super freaking man.

Also bring back Martian Manhunter, and if you want a black guy to be a league founder, Black Lightning makes far more sense than Cyborg.

Well, there's probably a lot of thought that goes into which characters should be in the League and which shouldn't, but I don't think we'll see Simon and Jessica on the League forever.
    They won't be there forever, but it's going to take some time before they leave, imo. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.