Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

So this is where we're talking about Justice League #34? Okay.

I really liked it! The story feels cinematic and flows quite well. Pete Woods's art is great.

Not quite sure how Batman screwed up. He seems to think he made two mistakes: not recognizing that Corona Del Mar was a coastal town, and not being fast enough to save the nun. But that's it, I guess. Because he was still talking to Cyborg about Corona Del Mar he didn't notice that the FBI was continuing their breach operation. Ideally he should have seen what was happening outside the building and yelled at the FBI again, maybe even warned Wonder Woman.

Looking forward to next issue!

Issue #35 felt like a quick issue, it felt filler-y with how we quickly solved the problem with the cockroaches which by the way were gross and made me feel bad for the dog.

In #34 while the disasters were solved in one issue the whole focus was really on the start to the over-arching storyline Priest is writing about, but #35 as stated before felt like filler with 3 things showing/hinting to the overall theme of Priest run.

I am so impatient for the interconnecting plots and overall pay off that Priest plots in his comics and that's despite the fact that I appreciate the groundwork Priest lays from the very beginning ...saying that still doesn't stop my impatience tho, so I will have to decide if I'm willing to wait twice monthly for each issue or if I'm gonna let them pile up so I can jump back in and have issues back to back to read.

I will say a negative so far is that since I don't know the voices of these characters, I don't read any of their books, and so the dialogue for some of these characters feels off for me cause I'm basing it on how the fans have described them.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I changed my mind I might actually painstakingly read every issue which means I have to deal with the wait.

I just read the recent issue and it's my favorite one so far, let me just add that I reread issue #34 and #35 again and the characters voices are actually coming together more than I thought they were, Jessica is still off for me, I don't read her book but she sounds really young and like she doesn't belong tbh, but the little dialogue she had in #36 could mean that Priest is finally finding her voice.

Going back to what I said, I read the previous issues and the flow and the build up is so good and with this particular issue I was happy it was built up to reveal a new villain. I know fans get easily insulted when any piece of media uses an example of a fan in a negative light but I love that we have a villain that is a fanatic.

Another thing I enjoyed was Aquaman here, his knowledge of the sea and marine life is a given but he also seems knowledgeable of the things that are built to be in water like submarines and I like how Priest isn't just showing how strong these characters are but how knowledgeable they are in their own fields like with Barry and all his science talk in the previous issue. One of the things that pumped me up was Aquaman saying something along the lines of he doesn't follow man's law he is law, and I think I liked it so much b/c I've said multiple how it doesn't make sense for certain characters to be full time members of the justice league b/c of their "occupations" so to speak.

It sucks that Barry was absent, but he'll be getting some focus with an astronaut soon.

I also forgot to mention the reference to Martian Manhunter last issue, I am just happy for anything that we can get.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I changed my mind I might actually painstakingly read every issue which means I have to deal with the wait.

I just read the recent issue and it's my favorite one so far, let me just add that I reread issue #34 and #35 again and the characters voices are actually coming together more than I thought they were, Jessica is still off for me, I don't read her book but she sounds really young and like she doesn't belong tbh, but the little dialogue she had in #36 could mean that Priest is finally finding her voice.

Going back to what I said, I read the previous issues and the flow and the build up is so good and with this particular issue I was happy it was built up to reveal a new villain. I know fans get easily insulted when any piece of media uses an example of a fan in a negative light but I love that we have a villain that is a fanatic.

Another thing I enjoyed was Aquaman here, his knowledge of the sea and marine life is a given but he also seems knowledgeable of the things that are built to be in water like submarines and I like how Priest isn't just showing how strong these characters are but how knowledgeable they are in their own fields like with Barry and all his science talk in the previous issue. One of the things that pumped me up was Aquaman saying something along the lines of he doesn't follow man's law he is law, and I think I liked it so much b/c I've said multiple how it doesn't make sense for certain characters to be full time members of the justice league b/c of their "occupations" so to speak.

It sucks that Barry was absent, but he'll be getting some focus with an astronaut soon.

I also forgot to mention the reference to Martian Manhunter last issue, I am just happy for anything that we can get.
    I love refrence to characters. Like how JLA refrenced Ice.

Always Rakzo

The most recent issue continues the same trend, interesting yet flawed. The Justice League handling realistic scenarios like dealing with the government and trying to prevent wars is pretty intriguing but this also suffers from a bit of odd-sounding dialogue (which is weird from Priest) and a characterization for Batman that seems to focus too much on revenge which contradicts quite a few stories in recent years.

Great art though. Good chapter but needs a bit more polish.

If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So far, I'm loving this. Only thing bothering me is Diana, who seems too angry, but I'm guessing there will be a reason for it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

I love it. It's fast paced and there's a ton in every issue. Every character seems to have good arguments and reasoning for their points of view, so it made the debates seem more important. It's also doing a real good job at distributing focus. No ever character plays a role every issue, but every character plays a role at some point. Justice League is now one of my favorite books each month (or twice a month). That has never happened before. I love it.

Priest does every character so well. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed reading Justice League so much. Its written like a true team book and every individual matters. A+

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Justice League #36 was another outstanding and delightful issue! The dynamic duo of Priest and Woods continue to deliver remarkable work. Pete Woods is a top 6 artist in the industry. I'm happy with the PriestCU (PriestCU > Marvel and Disney).
    Top Artists Acuña, A Adams, Allred, Asrar, Bradshaw, V Bridges, J Campbell, JS Campbell, Caselli, Charest, C Chiang, Coipel, TS Daniel, Darrow, A Davis, Derington, Dodson, G Frank, Googe, G Ha, T Harris, Hawthorne, C Henry, A Hughes, Immonen, Larraz, Lupacchino, Maguire, Manapul, P Medina, McGuinness, McKone, J Molina, D Mora, SG Murphy, Opeña, B Peterson, Pichelli, I Reis, A Robinson, Rude, Shaner, K Shannon, RB Silva, Skroce, Sook, Sprouse, Torque, D Williams, Woods!

Even though Priest said this is the only direction he could think of with the Justice League b/c every other writer did everything else, I'm wondering if this direction also came about b/c of Doomsday Clock and how the Justice League has involvement in that overall storyline. I mean as interesting as this Justice League storyline is, the overarching storyline Priest has won't interfere with anything being done with Doomsday event, so I find myself vastly curious if another storyline would have happened without the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The most recent issue continues the same trend, interesting yet flawed. The Justice League handling realistic scenarios like dealing with the government and trying to prevent wars is pretty intriguing but this also suffers from a bit of odd-sounding dialogue (which is weird from Priest) and a characterization for Batman that seems to focus too much on revenge which contradicts quite a few stories in recent years.

Great art though. Good chapter but needs a bit more polish.
    Yes, it did feel a bit rushed in some parts, I do wonder if what you're saying in regards to Batman has to do with the scene with Dick, maybe Priest tried too hard with showing a difference between them i.e summing up Batman's actions/vigilantism as always being connected to revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So far, I'm loving this. Only thing bothering me is Diana, who seems too angry, but I'm guessing there will be a reason for it.
    I wonder if it's one of those Diana is so compassionate that she feels guilt and it comes across as anger or something, although I would actually prefer it if Diana's anger is more than meets the eye.

~~

~~

The fakebatman in the last page reminds me MATCHES MALONE with a Batman costume..

Now we are talking. Issue 3 was much better that the first 2.

And yes that was Baz as Batman as Matches lol

So far I been liking Priest Justice League the recent issue 36 was also good.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Now we are talking. Issue 3 was much better that the first 2.

And yes that was Baz as Batman as Matches lol
    Oooh, I didn't even think of that - Baz as Matches is brilliant!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews