Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I still kind of think having so many teams is redundant. If the Justice League is treated more like an organization or agency like in Young Justice, it should be all hands on deck. Think JLU with a rotating lineup every few issues or even every few arcs. I'm just tired of the feeling that every team not named the Justice League is an afterthought in this universe. Both in universe and in the DC offices.

I'm glad and hopeful with this move. Priest can be very good when he really wishes to be. I just hope editorial gives him a certain freedom to take risks (something hard to do with a book like this). Also hope Priest shakes up a bit the line-up. Keep Mera, get rid of the two Green Lanterns. (keep Jessica if you have to, but Simon bores me. Like his costume though. Better, IMHO, would be to just bring John Stewart back). Get rid of Cyborg, also. Despite DC's insistance on pushing him, he really never stood out at the JLA for me. Still prefer him as a Titan. Sorry, but I'm team J'onn J'onzz all the way. Expand the line-up. Bring in guys like Zatana, Steel, Dr Light (the female version), etc... All in all, I'm hopeful for this new phase of the JLA.

Peace

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Whenever DC tries that (Marvel too) it fails! Just look at the numbers if you don't belive me:
    Oh I believe you and don't need the numbers to prove it. It's an annoying trend, but I see why DC does it. I just wish comics fans in general were more willing to try out new diverse characters instead of needing to slap a brand on them to give them a chace.

I do think it's cheating a bit to include Kyle in that breakdown though. His Latino background was a late addition, and he started out as another generic white guy, just a younger one to relate to the kids from the 90s.

Which is funny considering both Vibe and Gypsy are currently a part of the CW Universe and are a fan favorite shipping. Why can't the comics replicate that?

Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz are new faces! And I guarantee you they're going to last a hell of a lot longer than the likes of Zauriel, Aztek, Faith, or any of the other new creations.
    I don't watch the CW shows because they're cheesy looking as Hell, but that is good to know. I still think they need to change Gypsy's name though, unless they have in the show? But they tried to give Vibe a push in the New 52, and it didn't really work out.

They probably are, which is again a shame. New creations that fit into a wider variety of genres would be an ideal way of keeping this universe from stagnating, but people only want to support the main brands, and DC is unwilling to get rid of older characters already attached to those brands (and fans of said characters are understandably reluctant to let them go).

BANNED

Yeah, I said it on the other thread the topic was discussed, but it really isn't any more fair to count Kyle in the breakdown than it would be Dick Grayson.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, I said it on the other thread the topic was discussed, but it really isn't any more fair to count Kyle in the breakdown than it would be Dick Grayson.
    What about counting Damian, though?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What about counting Damian, though?
    He counts, but, even including Super Sons (A book with a white co-lead) , he's only up to 20 so far. (I don't count Batman and Robin volumes for what should be obvious reasons) Super Sons will continue on and that number will continue to rise, but he's got a ways to go before he's near the top. And even then, it'll be once again a case of a legacy character proving successful.

Of course, the group I'M rooting for to one day crack these lists is Kenan and the JLC.
    Last edited by Assam; 09-17-2017 at 02:19 PM.

He counts, but, even including Super Sons (A book with a white co-lead) , he's only up to 20 so far. (I don't count Batman and Robin volumes for what should be obvious reasons) Super Sons will continue on and that number will continue to rise, but he's got a ways to go before he's near the top. And even then, it'll be once again a case of a legacy character proving successful.

Of course, the group I'M rooting for to one day crack these lists is Kenan and the JLC.
    If we're counting Super Sons, we should definitely count at least 30 of the various Batman and Robin issues.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

If we're counting Super Sons, we should definitely count at least 30 of the various Batman and Robin issues.
    Counting Super Sons is debatable in itself, but the reason Batman and Robin should be knocked out of the conversation is simple: BATMAN. Yes, Damian was just as much Dick and Bruce's co-star, as he currently is Jon's...but they're both BATMAN books.

Counting Super Sons is debatable in itself, but the reason Batman and Robin should be knocked out of the conversation is simple: BATMAN. Yes, Damian was just as much Dick and Bruce's co-star, as he currently is Jon's...but they're both BATMAN books.
    Well...so is Batman and the Signal.

BANNED

Well...so is Batman and the Signal.
    Correct, and I wouldn't count those 3 issues for Duke either.

BANNED

David Zambive (Batwing): 35 issues
    This is inaccurate BTW. Only the first 19 issues were David's. The other 16 were Luke's. (I'm not sure which one starred in the zero issue)

Also, El Gato, in case you need to bring up those scores again, I was mistaken; Cass is at 86. Her series had an annual.

This is inaccurate BTW. Only the first 19 issues were David's. The other 16 were Luke's. (I'm not sure which one starred in the zero issue)

Also, El Gato, in case you need to bring up those scores again, I was mistaken; Cass is at 86. Her series had an annual.
    Well in that case neither count lol which further illustrates how poor original creations sell (though Batwing is pushing that definition to begin with).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Whatever happened to the "Indecent Proposal" storyline that Priest was interested in exploring?

http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/ww.html

I also hope that the team has multiple bases that it can use. The "cave" (an undersea base in the Atlantic), a satellite/space station, a "watchtower", and a Hall of Justice.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 09-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Originally Posted by Kaijudo
    Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Firestorm, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice
    Honestly, just add on Ted Kord, and I would be perfectly happy with this bunch as a team to themselves.
    Looks like a lot of Satellite-era League minus most of the 'Big Seven.' Firestorm, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Elongated Man. Just need some Atom, Green Arrow, Black Canary and Hawks, and the gang's all back!

BANNED

Someone's getting their history wrong. The JLI that people love was done away with by Jurgens, resulting in several years for the League that are pretty crap, and THEN Morrison came on.

And no one whose actually read the old JLI books questions their status as great heroes, or thinks of them as just a punchline. The fact that ANYONE thinks that is why I love this panel:
    I thought we were talking about JL runs people cared about?

You are trying to sell Booster Gold and Ted Kord as great heroes... thats like trying to tell me Chuck Norris is a great actor.