Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Sounds awesome but uggggghhhh the line up is staying the same. Was hoping for at least Mera but doesn't look like she's staying. Can we at least make the Justice League of America form with this team?

"In the old days, a writer could take six issue to have a honeymoon with a new character and develop their voice. In our extremely competitive sales environment, that’s just not possible; I have to nail it in issue one." I'm reading old comics runs and this is so true. This also applies to story arcs.
    I understand, but I actually kind of want to see what Priest has to say or can do with all the big guns together like this even if it's still the same 8 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Hrm. I may be reading into it too much, but it doesn’t sound like Priest is stick around.

Shame. He could have easily had a definitive run on the League.
    My sense from this is that there is either going to be a new creative team or a major shakeup with the Justice League post-Doomsday Clock.

Or both .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I understand, but I actually kind of want to see what Priest has to say or can do with all the big guns together like this even if it's still the same 8 people.

My sense from this is that there is either going to be a new creative team or a major shakeup with the Justice League post-Doomsday Clock.

Or both .
    That would be a full year from now, though.

(Also, as someone who is picking up Justice League for the first time, the whole "change the roster" thing seems like a distraction from whether the book will actually be good.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That would be a full year from now, though.

(Also, as someone who is picking up Justice League for the first time, the whole "change the roster" thing seems like a distraction from whether the book will actually be good.)
    True, it's just the fact that Priest brought it up after asking about him changing the roster led me to believe that something big is going to happen that leads to some kind of shakeup with the team.

I can enjoy any roster so long as the story is good .

It does sound like there's something big happening - but I'd say that it's more likely that the something big will spin out of Metal, rather than spin out of Doomsday Clock, given the timing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It does sound like there's something big happening - but I'd say that it's more likely that the something big will spin out of Metal, rather than spin out of Doomsday Clock, given the timing.
    True. Definitely curious to see what happens .

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Yes, I am ready for Priest to throw away the invincinble Batman crown while at the same time showing why Batman's needed. I'm ready to see how he characterizes some of these characters, and I'm interested to see if he can make Cyborg capable on the team.

I've also found that when Priest says things it doesn't necessarilly translate to what he's writing in the sense that before Deathstroke Rebirth was out Priest stated he's writing Slade as a villian and yet I feel like Slade can still be interpreted as an anti-hero as well b/c he's being written as a 3 dimensional character. So basically despite everything Priest's saying, I know there's an extra layer to it that will appear when I read the issues ...if that makes sense.

I'm upset that the roster is not changing but he did say that right now he's focusing on the main leaguers, maybe once he's done with their introspection he'll add some more members, we already know the JLA is guest starring in February so...

Which reminds me ...Priest you don't need to lie about Orlando's JLA run, it's not good.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-05-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    ABSOLUTELY. Everything in that article made me incredibly excited. Weird there hasn't been a preview yet, isn't it? Maybe they don't want to spoil anything.

The thing about the roster does seem to point to a shakeup beyond the JL title that will impact the JL roster. And that makes a lot of sense because of D-Clock AND Metal.

Sounds like we'll get a new roster whenever whatever has to happen first happens. After this article though I'm freshly excited about the roster they've had forever because I feel like they're finally going to be interesting. You could have changed out the costumes and not known the difference in Hitch's run. Everyone had zero personality. Sounds like this is the opposite of that and, after Deathstroke especially, in Priest I trust.

I was wrong. There's a preview in the syfy article....

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...tice-league-34

EDIT: Very promising. Can't wait to read a good Justice League comic. That's one thing we haven't had yet in all of Rebirth.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 12-04-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes, I am ready for Priest to throw away the invincinble Batman crown away while at the same time showing why Batman's needed. I'm ready to see how he characterizes some of these characters, and I'm interested to see if he can make Cyborg capable on the team.
    Detective Comics already beat him to it .

I'm upset that the roster is not changing
    It technically is, because the previous run ended with Mera still on the team, not Aquaman. The plot that caused that in Arthur's solo must've been resolved by now, I assume?

I want to ask Priest how long he's staying on the Justice League book, is it year, is less than a year, or is it more, maybe I'll leave a message on his blog ...but he hardly answers let alone posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Detective Comics already beat him to it .
    Really what did the writer do, I'm not reading any current Batman books, b/c I don't tend to care for how DC has come to characterize my fave character.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It technically is, because the previous run ended with Mera still on the team, not Aquaman. The plot that caused that in Arthur's solo must've been resolved by now, I assume?
    Well, hopefully after the team's introspection we get other characters in the future.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As far as I know, that's not the case. Arthur's status quo in his solo is still in limbo, I think. As far as Mera on the League...I wasn't reading JL before, though I did read that one issue, and thought it was nice, but didn't read any after it, so I have not idea how it setup a new status quo or not.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I was wrong. There's a preview in the syfy article....

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...tice-league-34

EDIT: Very promising. Can't wait to read a good Justice League comic. That's one thing we haven't had yet in all of Rebirth.
    I like how they're bringing back the side character faces.

Really what did the writer do, I'm not reading any current Batman books, b/c I don't tend to care for how DC has come to characterize my fave character.
    He gets taken down a peg or shown-up pretty consistently across that series.

There's good character work with Batman in there, though, and it's not 616 Spider-Man level of bad showings, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like how they're bringing back the side character faces.
    Agreed .