Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I am one of those excited for this..

Batman makes a mistake?!? This is already the most interesting Justice League story in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    And I couldn't agree with you more about the art in Tower of Babel. I absolutely loathe Howard Porter and his poor art ruined what was an otherwise great run on JLA from Morrison.
    Are you kidding? His art was awesome.

And based on that Newsarama interview , reading between the line, priest is done after one arc and hello Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Are you kidding? His art was awesome.

And based on that Newsarama interview , reading between the line, priest is done after one arc and hello Bendis
    Eh...I’ll side with Batmanjones on this, the art of Morrison’s JLA wasn’t that great imo

Sad that it looks like he's only on for an arc.
    And the line-up staying the same is a bummer. It's even worse that they didn't bother to keep Mera and are going with only Aquaman.

What's worse is that they didn't give her a proper exit, she's just gone. Poor show for a character they just gave a solo (albeit a mini) to.

And...
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    As far as I know, that's not the case. Arthur's status quo in his solo is still in limbo, I think. As far as Mera on the League...I wasn't reading JL before, though I did read that one issue, and thought it was nice, but didn't read any after it, so I have not idea how it setup a new status quo or not.
    Then Priest using Arthur instead of Mera is an error that editorial should've spotted. Arthur's deposing as King of Atlantis was why he left the JL, he became a fugitive, as I understand it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-05-2017 at 06:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's worse is that they didn't give her a proper exit, she's just gone. Poor show for a character they just gave a solo (albeit a mini) to.

And... Then Priest using Arthur instead of Mera is an error that editorial should've spotted. Arthur's deposing as King of Atlantis was why he left the JL, he became a fugitive, as I understand it.
    Really is irksome that Mera is just gone like that after FINALLY getting her overdue spot.

Also, with Aquaman's current storyline,Arthur's been trapped in Atlantis, unable to be anywhere else, since August. And because of the other appearances of Arthur, Mera and Garth, and how it all spreads into other characters' stuff as well, the Rebirth line loses ANY ability to line-up in a way that makes sense.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Yay Pete Woods. I enjoyed his art on Superman and Action Comics...what was it...ten years ago? Yikes.

If only one of the redundant JL’s disappeared from the team without explanation instead of Mera.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

At least Mera is getting a mini...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    If only one of the redundant JL’s disappeared from the team without explanation instead of Mera.
    Besides Simon and Jessica, I would have preferred anyone else leave than Mera.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Besides Simon and Jessica, I would have preferred anyone else leave than Mera.
    I know that they are very different characters, but I think that one Green Lantern can be dominant visually with their constructs. Two is overkill.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah, I don't think we need two GL's in the League, even if I understand that Simon and Jessica come as a pair.

Wonder Woman isn’t even mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Wonder Woman isn’t even mentioned
    He said he doesn’t want the JL to be Trinity focused.

...but I’d be interested in his take. iirc, he wrote Diana on the issue after Byrne’s run