Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we need two GL's in the League, even if I understand that Simon and Jessica come as a pair.
    I'd rather have Jessica on JL and Baz on JLA. One GL for each League.
    And Baz needs to ditch the gun. No Leaguer should have guns and in his case it's a very unfortunate stereotype visually (even if he's not written as one anymore).

Found another interview, and Priest talks about Cyborg >.>

He also mentions Simon and Jess and basically says he had to find a way to handicap them b/c he feels with 2 green lanterns they could solve everything within 2 pages.

Here's the interview: http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...ustice-league/

Once again I had quite a laugh at another Priest interview, I feel he's always confused by the choices DC or Marvel has done with their characters; I also see that he is friends with Steve Orlando and that to me explains why he actually thinks the JLA run is good in any capacity.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-06-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I saw the issue, is a good begin in my opinion.. I saw good reviews, even one 9.5:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...gue-34-review/

Like others I think that is a shame.. Why Mera is not here? Maybe was DC decision put Arthur here again..

Anyway, we will have the miniserie..

Like others I think that I think that with one lantern is enough... Of these 2 Jessica is my favorite.

However even in the opposite case, we have many men here for choose Simon, Wonderwoman was the only woman here during a long time... Mera presence was something good, a powerful member and a 3rd woman here..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-06-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hmm. I did notice that, but I am hoping that's "Priest and Woods," with Priest staying on the title and Woods rotating because it's a twice a month title.
    You may be right, when asked how long him and Priest are on the title, Pete Woods on twitter said he's only doing 34 - 36 and 40 - 43, and that he doesn't know how long Priest will be on the book.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

He also mentions Simon and Jess and basically says he had to find a way to handicap them b/c he feels with 2 green lanterns they could solve everything within 2 pages.

Once again I had quite a laugh at another Priest interview, I feel he's always confused by the choices DC or Marvel has done with their characters; I also see that he is friends with Steve Orlando and that to me explains why he actually thinks the JLA run is good in any capacity.
    OR.... or he actually thinks it's good like a lot of people.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    And Baz needs to ditch the gun. No Leaguer should have guns and in his case it's a very unfortunate stereotype visually (even if he's not written as one anymore).
    Why? That's a stupid rule.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Does Baz use the gun? I don't read Lanterns regularly, but it was my understanding from something I think I saw in last year's holiday special that he doesn't feel the need to carry it all the time anymore.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Best issue of Justice League I've read in years, not counting the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover or my re-reading of Morrison's League.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Does Baz use the gun? I don't read Lanterns regularly, but it was my understanding from something I think I saw in last year's holiday special that he doesn't feel the need to carry it all the time anymore.
    Baz got rid of the gun because if Batman months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Best issue of Justice League I've read in years, not counting the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover or my re-reading of Morrison's League.
    That's exciting to hear. Really excited to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I love Priest in interviews. He's just so blunt. "The Adventures of the Grown Ups" - perfect, and definitely something I think is an interesting read.

And this interview talks about "storylines" - now I know he could be weaving a lot of storylines into one arc, but it doesn't sound that way to me. I think our man is here for the long haul.

And I am PUMPED!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Welp, that was boring. Really, really, really boring. If it wasn't for Priest's unique formatting structure, I would have guessed Hitch was still writing. A few other gripes as well, but that's definitely the biggest problem. I'll give it one more chance but...damn I did not enjoy this.

Very much below most of what I've read from Priest before...still better than Lazarus Contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Welp, that was boring. Really, really, really boring. If it wasn't for Priest's unique formatting structure, I would have guessed Hitch was still writing. A few other gripes as well, but that's definitely the biggest problem. I'll give it one more chance but...damn I did not enjoy this.

Very much below what I've read from Priest before.
    Huh. I only read a couple of Hitch's stuff, but I thought this issue was really engaging. Very good at blending the fantastic with the mundane.

However, Assam, you should really check out Deathstroke this week.

BANNED

However, Assam, you should really check out Deathstroke this week.
    Did Kenan show up? Cause I know he's gonna be around for the next couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Very much below most of what I've read from Priest before...still better than Lazarus Contract though.
    Is there anything that satisfies you?

Always Rakzo

Just wanted to say that this was pretty interesting in terms of ideas and presentation, Priest includes his usual social commentary in a solid manner while also making the JL more human than usual (Especially Batman). Although at some points it feels like he tried to include a bit too much in a single issue to the point where the pacing suffered.

Still, this is without a doubt the most promising the book has been in a while. Woods' artwork was equally as solid. Good stuff.