Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Mera and Arthur and no Dinah and Ollie. I'm disappointed.
    Y'know, with the current arc I can't help but feel like they're building up to Ollie joining the Justice League again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very similar feelings - I only checked out Deathstroke because of the buzz, and because Damian showed up in it, and I've been hooked. I'm also curious if people think I'd need to read all of Justice League - since it's gotten terrible, terrible reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So now I have to ask should I read this Justice League run from the beginning and give it a chance or ignore it?
    Ignore it. It's an awful waste of time unless you really like Barry/Jess.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, with the current arc I can't help but feel like they're building up to Ollie joining the Justice League again.
    I can dig that. I'll add JLA to my pull list.

Astonishing Member

Not picking it up until we get Hal back where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed about the Lanterns. You dont need the "best" one on the League; they're pretty much all capable of filling the role.

I wasn't super thrilled about a couple of rookies getting League status, but I accepted it with Kyle back in the day so I was willing to roll with Simon and Jessica (neither of whom I have particularly strong opinions about). And really, as much as we like to talk about the League only deserving the best of the best, this is an organization that has counted some real Z-listers among their ranks. A couple rookie Lanterns are a hell of a lot better than 80's Vibe, Gypsy, etc.
    Exactly. There's been many other members of the JL that more than prove that they were able to fill in the role regardless whether the character was original or legacy. And you certainly didn't need to be the best to fill that quota. It doesn't make a character automatically incompetent.

I would be sad to see Hal return though, simply because he's my least favorite Lantern. I'd rather have Guy or Kyle, or (even better) John if his duties allowed it. Gods I wish we could get John on the League.....
    Hal is my least favorite lantern as well. I think if he would have returned (which I don't think he's going to be returning as a regular member), the league would seem rather dated and stale.

BANNED

This was long overdue

Like others have said the lineup has been kind of dull in the last five years and they should shake it up for more than 12 issues. I would also like to see GA and BC as they have great interactions but also have different skills and styles. I love Jess and Simon but don't think they work well in a book that is already struggling to balance characters. Maybe keep one then have them both in green Lanterns.

Although i doubt this with the movie on the way.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

This is a damn good decision on DC's part.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope he keeps Jessica, but he could replace Simon with someone else if he wanted, or at least have him ditch that stupid gun for good.
    The new addition I want the most is Zatanna. She's awesome and the team could really use a magician.

Ideally, the JL teams would be something like this:

JUSTICE LEAGUE:
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    Cyborg
    Mera
    Aquaman
    Green Lanterns
    Zatanna

JLA should become JL Unlimited:
    Martian Manhunter (new leader)
    Green Arrow (another popular character to replace Batman)
    Black Canary
    Vixen
    Atom
    Frost
    Ray
    Firestorm
    Elongated Man
    Lady Blackhawk
    + others (cast would rotate)
    I would love to see JLA become a New Avengers type of team brought together to take on a very specific big-time threat (Intergang/Crime Bible, League of Assassins, etc.) This is the team that can step in and replace the main league, if need be.

JLA:
    Nightwing
    Supergirl
    Cyborg
    Shazam
    Zatanna
    Rebirth Wally West
    GL Simon and Jessica

And then reshuffle the main Justice League, expanding to a solid 12 member team.

JL:
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    GL Hal Jordan
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Vixen
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    Firestorm

And while we're at it, I'd like to see a revamped Teen Titans roster, minus Starfire and some of the old standbys (who really shouldn't be here, generationally speaking).

TT:
    Robin (Damian Wayne)
    Blue Beetle
    Amethyst
    Red Arrow (Emiko Queen)
    Aqualad (Kaldur)
    Stargirl

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Mera and Arthur and no Dinah and Ollie. I'm disappointed.
    I did include them in my JLA/JLU team
    I think Ollie would make a lot of sense in Orlando's team. Dinah is already there and he'd my pick to replace Batman since he really doesn't need to appear in another book.
    I think having both teams would help spotlight some fan favorites that have been ignored for a long time, like Martian Manhunter.
    I don't trust DC to give enoguh focus to MM, Ollie and Dinah if they're on the same team as the Trinity anymore.

Astonishing Member

I still don't understand why Shazam isn't on the team any more - he was there, and then he just... wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Hal is my least favorite lantern as well. I think if he would have returned (which I don't think he's going to be returning as a regular member), the league would seem rather dated and stale.
    I dunno. I think Priest could probably take the big seven and make them a pretty dynamic and memorable group, at least compared to Johns and Hitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I still don't understand why Shazam isn't on the team any more - he was there, and then he just... wasn't.
    Firestorm and Element Woman say hello (although at least Johns touched on Element Woman) .

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    It's such a huge WTF. Especially since they established a good friendship between him and Cyborg. Shazam was a prominent part of the team, and an alpha level power threat. The hell did he go?

BANNED

Well, thats nice, I am not sure if it's something for me though. His Deathstroke wasn't, and I am kinda suspecting he was the guy who thought giving Wally West a pacemanker was a good idea.,

But hey, Batman making a colossal fubar in the field is something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    As you saw earlier on the thread, I AGREE that good writers can make something great out of bad characters.

And while there are other examples of me not trying a book because of whose the lead, there's always more to it than that. Ex. Modern Flash books. It isn't just that I dislike modern Barry, it's that all the speedsters I love were shoved aside so Barry could have all the spotlight, and I'm not going to support that decision.

Keep in mind, of the 6 Rebirth books I look forward to each month, half of them either have characters I knew nothing about prior to Rebirth or actively disliked in the lead, one of which being by a writer I've HATED in the past, and will never forgive for what he did with Roy, Kory and the YJ4. I'm NOT nostalgia blind and I'm always willing to try new things.
    But I was replying to a post that suggested you try the roundly beloved Priest run on Deathstroke and you said you refused because you hated the character too much. I understand your desire to punish decisions you don't like but you know you aren't really punishing them, right? That it goes unnoticed? Meanwhile, you stick to your guns and miss out on some of the best DC books out there. I'd really recommend trying at least the first volume of Priest's Deathstroke. I hated the character before that too.