Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default Gail Simone's Secret Hints (Secret Six tweet)

Gail Tweeted this:
    Gail Simone
    ‏@GailSimone
    GUYS. The new book is so SECRET that it's totally SECRET how SECRET this SECRET is about this new book full of SECRET SECRETS. #hint
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...90477851664386

So there is six secrets in that....Yay! Secret Six everyone :P.

I hope Poison Ivy is in it.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Villains United is being reprinted in early 2015, so there's also that. I loved Gail's Secret Six series but I can't imagine reading a New 52 version of it. Got to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Villains United is being reprinted in early 2015, so there's also that. I loved Gail's Secret Six series but I can't imagine reading a New 52 version of it. Got to pass.
    You're passing when you don't know anything about it other then its in the new52? XD.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Seems obvious now. I remember I saw the preview for the new Suicide Squad book, and Deathstroke pretty explicitly points out that Deadshot is now irrelevant, so it makes sense he'll have a new home.

When they announced Suicide Squad was being cancelled, I was really expecting this to be the replacement. But now I feel like Suicide Squad is redundant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    You're passing when you don't know anything about it other then its in the new52? XD.
    I don't buy New 52 books unless they feature my favourite characters. Too many of my faves have been benched. So unless Cassandra Cain or Kate Spencer is in this, I'll pass. I still have my pre-Flashpoint Secret Six trades to enjoy.

Meh.. .
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Seems obvious now. I remember I saw the preview for the new Suicide Squad book, and Deathstroke pretty explicitly points out that Deadshot is now irrelevant, so it makes sense he'll have a new home.

When they announced Suicide Squad was being cancelled, I was really expecting this to be the replacement. But now I feel like Suicide Squad is redundant.
    So you think Deadshot will leave Suicide Squad and join Secret Six? I think they could do a Secret Six with out him. But maybe he will leave, I guess with Deathstroke, Deadshot is pointless in Suicide Squad. I am hoping for a team with Catman, Ragdoll, Poison Ivy, Deadshot, Knockout and Bane maybe or someone else. Thats my dream team at least.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I don't buy New 52 books unless they feature my favourite characters. Too many of my faves have been benched. So unless Cassandra Cain or Kate Spencer is in this, I'll pass. I still have my pre-Flashpoint Secret Six trades to enjoy.
    Ah I see, alright.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    That's pretty much how New 52 is treated around these parts

I thought for some reason more people here would be excited about this haha.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Catman's been unseen in the New 52, which is good, because it means virtually nothing has to change. Floyd's so nonchalant that the new 52 didn't even phase his lifestyle. But he's the really tough call because he's pretty integral to both the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad. Is he irrelevant there? Sure, maybe. But so is Harley (she makes WAY more sense as a Suicide Squad member than anyone else ever has).

King Shark's demi-god dead after Forever Evil tie-ins, right? Eh ... easy enough fix. Demi-god alive.

Ragdoll's around. Scandal's around in the shadows (in New 52 lore I believe we met one of her near-age sisters back in Robinson's brief DCU Presents Vandal Savage mini - I wonder if that'll come up). Ragdoll ... Scandal ... Deadshot ... Catman ... King Shark. Do they stick with a rotating member? Do you bring in someone like Jeanette? Does Bane make sense there anymore, even after his stellar showing in the previous situation?

Maybe "two" new/different characters.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Since when was the newly relaunched Suicide Squad being cancelled? As for Secret 6, I'm excited for it, but who will be in the new roster do we think? Given the fact that it will be a New-52 redux...

Astonishing Member

I meant to say redundant, not irrelevant. Basically with Deathstroke in the Squad, it would make sense for 'shot to move over.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Catman's been unseen in the New 52, which is good, because it means virtually nothing has to change. Floyd's so nonchalant that the new 52 didn't even phase his lifestyle. But he's the really tough call because he's pretty integral to both the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad. Is he irrelevant there? Sure, maybe. But so is Harley (she makes WAY more sense as a Suicide Squad member than anyone else ever has).

King Shark's demi-god dead after Forever Evil tie-ins, right? Eh ... easy enough fix. Demi-god alive.

Ragdoll's around. Scandal's around in the shadows (in New 52 lore I believe we met one of her near-age sisters back in Robinson's brief DCU Presents Vandal Savage mini - I wonder if that'll come up). Ragdoll ... Scandal ... Deadshot ... Catman ... King Shark. Do they stick with a rotating member? Do you bring in someone like Jeanette? Does Bane make sense there anymore, even after his stellar showing in the previous situation?

Maybe "two" new/different characters.
    Hmmm I am not sure about sticking with rotating members. Maybe a team change up ever once in a while. But for the most part I think people are over rotating members. Or at least I am lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Since when was the newly relaunched Suicide Squad being cancelled? As for Secret 6, I'm excited for it, but who will be in the new roster do we think? Given the fact that it will be a New-52 redux...
    Well I would really love Poison Ivy in there at least, Gail did a wonderful job writing her in that Batgirl issue, and I feel like she fits in the team. But other then that I am hoping for the S6 basics. Catman, Ragdoll, Deadshot and so on.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Wonder when the announcement is coming.

I would certainly give this a read. While the ongoing was varying degrees of OK to awesome, the potential is still there. I need my humorous, ambiguous team book fix, so until they relaunch The Authority, I shall settle for this.