Default John Wick series delayed?

Wasn't the series John Wick by Dynamite supposed to be released in September? On my comic geeks app it now says October 4th for the #1 and #2 issues but my LCS is now saying that it comes out on October 25th ?? Does someone has news about this? I really want to read it, looks great.

Thanks,

Alex

Dynamite has a title that's not shipping on time?
    Gosh, how often does that happen (he said sarcastically).
    * It looks like Dynamite originally had it due out September 6th.
    * Previewsworld currently has it as "In Shops: Oct 25, 2017".

As for "why", I have no clue except to say: "It's Dynamite."
    They seem to be less-than-reliable on dates for the stuff I still buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dynamite has a title that's not shipping on time?
    Gosh, how often does that happen (he said sarcastically).
    * It looks like Dynamite originally had it due out September 6th.

As for "why", I have no clue except to say: "It's Dynamite."
    They seem to be less-than-reliable on dates for the stuff I still buy from them.
    Thanks a lot for the answer! I'm not really familiar with Dynamite. I started collecting in April and don't really read Dynamite normally so.. Hope it's still happening.

Mighty Member

Default John Wick

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones View Post
    Wasn't the series John Wick by Dynamite supposed to be released in September? On my comic geeks app it now says October 4th for the #1 and #2 issues but my LCS is now saying that it comes out on October 25th ?? Does someone has news about this? I really want to read it, looks great.

Thanks,

Alex
    I normally enjoy action adventure type entertainment but couldn't get past the first 45 minutes of the first movie. Unrelentingly violent body count BS. Was there supposed to be a point to any of it. The fact that the Russian mobster didn't immediately turn his son over to Wick and be done with it was totally unbelievable to me. Wick comic is one I'll pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I normally enjoy action adventure type entertainment but couldn't get past the first 45 minutes of the first movie. Unrelentingly violent body count BS. Was there supposed to be a point to any of it. The fact that the Russian mobster didn't immediately turn his son over to Wick and be done with it was totally unbelievable to me. Wick comic is one I'll pass on.
    Can totally see where you're coming from, but I think the films might just not be for you unfortunately. They're hardly about story, right?

I think the pointlessness is sort of the draw with these films? The creators basically decided "we're going to make the most 90ies bad-ass movie we can!", drew up the absolute minimum requirements for plot (man avenges death of his dog), and relied on Keanu Reeves' natural on-screen presence & previous iconic performances in the genre to signal 'shouldn't have messed with him!' to the audience.

It's absolutely a case of style over substance, but since the John Wick school of style varies quite considerably from most of the action genre, it works. By that I mean no shakey cameras, clear wide angles, intricate choreography where punches actually land (looking at you, Marvel Studios), bullet clips are counted, and juuuust enough unexplained worldbuilding to keep things interesting. In many ways a return to lessons of Hong Kong action films.

Can totally see how that doesn't appeal to many people, but I guess there's a small group of us out there who enjoyed it as a nice shake-up within a sometimes rather stale genre of film. I think they're ending it with part 3 which seems smart to me, so it doesn't get too stale itself haha.

By the way, it looks like that Previewsworld entry has been revised back to "In Shops: Oct 18, 2017" which would be one week earlier.

And now John Wick #1 looks like it might be out either November 22nd (according to ComicList's Extended Forecast for Dynamite) or possibly December 6th (per Previewsworld)?

And now John Wick #1 looks like it might be out either November 22nd (according to ComicList's Extended Forecast for Dynamite) or possibly December 6th (per Previewsworld)?
    Would you believe Previewsworld now lists it as
    In Shops: Nov 29, 2017
    (Talk about confusing!!!)

Looks like it is suppose to be released this coming Wednesday (November 29th).

However, Previewsworld also has a listing for JOHN WICK #1 PAK SGN ED that will be "In Shops: Dec 27, 2017".

NOTE: For the Pak-signed copy, there appears to be a slightly higher price:
    SRP: $49.99