Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The original pre new 52 Midnighter is at least Spiderman level

Wolverine would be on the same tier as Batman. Karnak too. Black Panther as well

Dragon and Drakon would be below DD but above Deathstroke. It's not...an exact thing

I personally see little difference between Gorgon and Fist in terms of speed alone. The gap between Shang Chi/Cass and DD is also minimal if at all imo

Still yeah, I guess more or less that's about it

BANNED

I remember back in the day when Cheshire was stated to be undefeatable in H2H combat.

Also, yeah, most of the best fighters have been named (Although with the criminal absence of Ted Grant IMO) without getting into minor characters and characters who are just SO far below this bunch. Although, as New Super-Man continues on (As BTW, that book is glorious) I-Ching may continue to pick up some good feats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    The original pre new 52 Midnighter is at least Spiderman level

Wolverine would be on the same tier as Batman. Karnak too. Black Panther as well

Dragon and Drakon would be below DD but above Deathstroke. It's not...an exact thing

I personally see little difference between Gorgon and Fist in terms of speed alone. The gap between Shang Chi/Cass and DD is also minimal if at all imo

Still yeah, I guess more or less that's about it
    Great for the extra information so the list is pretty much (more or less):

Tier 1) Karate Kid
    Tier 2) Iron Fist, Gorgon
    Tier 3) Spiderman, Midnighter
    Tier 4) Shang, Cassandra Cain, Daredevil
    Tier 5) Elektra, Dragon, Drakon
    Tier 6) Shiva, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger
    Tier 7) Captain America, Batman, Karnak, Wolverine, Black Panther
    Tier 8) Connor, Nightwing, Canary, Shatterstar

Oh and thanks for reminding me about Spiderman, I forgot him from big_adventure's list and he is good to have on here because he has had a lot of fights with other people and it is easy to compare him to a lot of other characters.

If anyone else knows about the topic and can add other major characters somewhere please do.

From here I can just keep up with the new post and add people so I can keep track. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Professional; 09-16-2017 at 07:32 AM.

BANNED

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...dcatted_grant/

I really do think Ted deserves to be on Tier 8.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...dcatted_grant/

I really do think Ted deserves to be on Tier 8.
    Great for thinking of another good fighter. Is there anyway you guys who have been posting for a while could ask the forum head to have something like this thumb nailed somewhere so new people know which people have been talked about too much and where they stand? For someone like me it would be very helpful to just go to one place and see a ranking so I don't as a question that has been debated to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Great for the extra information so the list is pretty much (more or less):

Tier 1) Karate Kid
    Tier 2) Iron Fist, Gorgon
    Tier 3) Spiderman, Midnighter
    Tier 4) Shang, Cassandra Cain, Daredevil
    Tier 5) Elektra, Dragon, Drakon
    Tier 6) Shiva, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger
    Tier 7) Captain America, Batman, Karnak, Wolverine, Black Panther
    Tier 8) Connor, Nightwing, Canary, Shatterstar

Oh and thanks for reminding me about Spiderman, I forgot him from big_adventure's list and he is good to have on here because he has had a lot of fights with other people and it is easy to compare him to a lot of other characters.

If anyone else knows about the topic and can add other major characters somewhere please do.

From here I can just keep up with the new post and add people so I can keep track. Thanks again.
    If you really insist on a list it should be more like

Tier 1: Karate Kid
    Tier 2: Iron Fist, Spiderman, Gorgon, Midnighter
    Tier 3:Cass, Shang, DD, Elektra
    Tier 4: Dragon, Drakon, Shiva, Slade
    Tier 4:Bronze Tiger, Bruce, Steve, Logan,Tchalla, Connor
    Tier 5: Nightwing, Canary

This is strictly in terms of speed but is not exact. People in the same tier are not blitzing the other, despite say Drakon being arguably faster than Deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Great for thinking of another good fighter. Is there anyway you guys who have been posting for a while could ask the forum head to have something like this thumb nailed somewhere so new people know which people have been talked about too much and where they stand? For someone like me it would be very helpful to just go to one place and see a ranking so I don't as a question that has been debated to death.
    Here's the reason we dont use "tiers". Someone like Classic Kingpin beats Cap/Batman in a fight hereabouts but he is nowhere near as fast or skilled as them

Likewise Iron Fist may be as fast as Spiderman but he can unleash area attacks that are far more potent than Pete. Gorgon may be as fast as both, but he has no area attacks to speak of, while Spidey can disable him from a distance using webbing (with his eyes closed cuz of the Stare)

We have board definitions of "bullet timer" and "comic book peak human" in the "mod rulings" section affixed at the top on the main Rumbles page and that is good enough for pointing out speed differences

Beyond that, it's better to have detailed discussions before deciding on "tiers" , much better to deal with characters on a case by case basis to take into account their unique abilities

further, there is no consensus as such on most things other than speed. Big thinks for instance that Cass hits harder than say Cap, I disagree, and it would be better to prove it by feats than some generalisation

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To be fair, the difference in hitting force between Cass and Cap/Bruce isn't massive: but Cass does things like punch through a rebar concrete prison wall - something mostly beyond the other two, though it's not a HUGE edge.

Cap does things like punch Logan so hard he flies several feet and crumples, crumples the car he lands on, doors bent, hood collapsed and everything. Bruce does things like break bones through armour when he realises its bulletproof

It's just that these kind of things tend to get lost in their maaaany appearances but they've got other stuff on that level as well. More people are aware of Cass' feats because they are easier to track down over the short period when she was being treated as uber awesome but the longer running characters actually have as good or better feats if you reaaaly dig through their showings

Edit- posting it cuz its such a cool, but relatively unknown feat. Lookit the mangled metal...

https://static0-cbrimages-com.cdn.am...=1072&fit=crop
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 09-16-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Cap does things like punch Logan so hard he flies several feet and crumples, crumples the car he lands on, doors bent, hood collapsed and everything. Bruce does things like break bones through armour when he realises its bulletproof

It's just that these kind of things tend to get lost in their maaaany appearances but they've got other stuff on that level as well. More people are aware of Cass' feats because they are easier to track down over the short period when she was being treated as uber awesome but the longer running characters actually have as good or better feats if you reaaaly dig through their showings

Edit- posting it cuz its such a cool, but relatively unknown feat. Lookit the mangled metal...

https://static0-cbrimages-com.cdn.am...=1072&fit=crop
    He gets tossed through the cloth and/or plastic side of a jeep. That's not metal. But in any even, even if it were, that's just got nothing at all on punching through a rebar prison wall. Literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He gets tossed through the cloth and/or plastic side of a jeep. That's not metal. But in any even, even if it were, that's just got nothing at all on punching through a rebar prison wall. Literally nothing.
    Ehmm no. that's metal missing from the top at least even assuming the rest is plastic
    https://www.hemmings.com/blog/wp-con...eps_01_700.jpg

It's quite comparable imo considering the impact over that kind of distance

Ehmm no. that's metal missing from the top at least even assuming the rest is plastic
    https://www.hemmings.com/blog/wp-con...eps_01_700.jpg

It's quite comparable imo considering the impact over that kind of distance
    Eh, I could throw someone through the canopy of a jeep, man. And that's got simply nothing to do with punching through rebar prison walls with your hands without suffering injury.

Eh, I could throw someone through the canopy of a jeep, man. And that's got simply nothing to do with punching through rebar prison walls with your hands without suffering injury.
    Hmm..there are other feats and I disagree (for instance that's a punch that lifts a grown man off his feet not a throw) but that's a debate for another thread. This one's off track as is so another time ;p

Incredible Member

I... umm.. So, why are you not UFC world champion?
    Cap clearly punches a guy who weighs what... 300lbs (with the adamantium) through a metal door and out the other side of a vehicle and through that door as well, tearing metal like it is paper, from a single punch, after sending him flying for several feet. This is a lot more impressive than throwing a normal person (which is still behind a normal human, throwing someone who weighs so much). Not a single human alive could perform that feat and even if they could, the force would shatter their hand, wrist, and arm on the metal inside of Logan's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I... umm.. So, why are you not UFC world champion?
    Cap clearly punches a guy who weighs what... 300lbs (with the adamantium) through a metal door and out the other side of a vehicle and through that door as well, tearing metal like it is paper, from a single punch, after sending him flying for several feet. This is a lot more impressive than throwing a normal person (which is still behind a normal human, throwing someone who weighs so much). Not a single human alive could perform that feat and even if they could, the force would shatter their hand, wrist, and arm on the metal inside of Logan's face.
    That was NOTHING to do with the point, though: I was saying that Jeep canopies don't provide much resistance, not that I could punch Logan hard enough to do that to him.

Again, this has really nothing to do with punching through a rebar concrete prison wall. It's impressive and nothing remotely "human", but it's not on that level.