Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It should have just been a what if. What's the point of having the same characters walk through the same trials with a slight twist. That's a what if.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I firmly believe that the only reason the O5 exist is bc Marvel refused to resurret Jean Grey so they allowed Bendis to write a series around her and he presented a way to "bring" her back with a twist. The fact that they as a whole have lasted beyond his run is puzzling as I thought for sure Jean would be the only one to survive post-SW, but obviously that didnt happen
    I think you're right but maybe it was about more than just Jean. Logan, Scott, Warren & Hank were all put through the ringer as well. Hard solution - Marvel brings Jean back and start fixing the damage they did to this family. Easy solution - Marvel continues to kill off the adult characters so they can replace them with characters who aren't carrying all the baggage. Marvel went for the Easy option but what a missed opportunity! Is there seriously no one at Marvel up to the challenge of righting this ship?

BANNED

Will have to hope there is a little imagination left in the tank then.

BANNED

I was tired of them like ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I was tired of them like ten years ago.
    which alts were running around in 2007?

I don't care about the premise of teen O5, but right now I'd rather read Blue than Gold.
    Still don't care about the fake Wolverines running around though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Ok, well write Marvel... maybe your pleas will finally help Skin out of terrible development limbo. Skin right now has to have a personality because he really has nothing else to stand on. If we were at a club, he would be the 6 you find yourself with at the end of the night when things didn't go well.

You can't seriously be trying to put Black Widow in the same category as Skin... Storm either. I don't even understand what the debate is really. He is not developed enough to make people buy a book. I didn't make it this way, it is just the truth.
    Comics arent about whose powers are the best. Theyre abouy wheyher the character fits the concept of the nook.

Xmen is about mutants living in a world that hates and fears them. Skin is perfect for that, especially since he isny a model adonis goddess. Writers can always expand on a characters powers if theey need or wany to but you dont even need to with skin.

I hate this kind of attitude. Its similar to my favorite musician is better than yours because they sell more that plagues music.

Not tired of the characters so much as Marvel never every learning from their previous mistakes. Are content to keep repeating them imo. The original Wolverine was everywhere in as many comics as possible to the point of oversaturation they "kill" him off and bring in OML. Then proceed to do the same with that character. So what was the point then of "killing" off the original version in the first place.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It depends what you mean by alternative characters. I think they can work out sometimes and provide a fresh perspective on a sort of stale narrative.

Is Old Man Logan in particular being used exactly as though he was just the original Wolvie for the most part? Yep.

But that is ONE alternative character not ALL of them. It just shows how impossible it is for Marvel to grow their characters because so many fans are way too attached to their faves and refuse to let anything evolve.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Comics arent about whose powers are the best. Theyre abouy wheyher the character fits the concept of the nook.

Xmen is about mutants living in a world that hates and fears them. Skin is perfect for that, especially since he isny a model adonis goddess. Writers can always expand on a characters powers if theey need or wany to but you dont even need to with skin.

I hate this kind of attitude. Its similar to my favorite musician is better than yours because they sell more that plagues music.
    Can you guys give it a rest already? We all want comic books to be this magical place where what we want happens and our favorites to be prominently displayed for our viewership. Complaining about the woes of the industry does nothing, neither does shooting the messenger who is telling you a legitimate reason why Skin isn't around.

There are plenty of, "Obligatory unattractive male characters" running around which can fill the role and are waaaay more popular. FYI: This character whom everyone is tearing up about was less popular than (in random order): Chamber, M, Husk, Synch, Jubliee. If you add Emma and Banshee to the mix (they were in the same comic), Skin becomes Mr. Irrelevant.

More to your point, why not ugly up a popular character over bringing back a guy that doesn't even crack the top 75? I hate the attitude of not dealing in reality and telling others what comics should be about. People like what they like and who are you to say which what things are relevant. The other suggestion I keep hammering home is I could be completely wrong and all you have to do is submit your letter to Marvel with the unknown legions of Skin fans.

Come up with a cool name though. Beyhive... Beliebers... Skin Moisturizers?? Skin Cares?? I dunno think of something.
    Last edited by Professional; 09-16-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Very tired of them. There are so many unused mutants that are not bring used and the just keep brining in at versions. The 05, OML, Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm. Don't even get me started on all universe evil X-men teams.

It's lazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Can you guys give it a rest already? We all want comic books to be this magical place where what we want happens and our favorites to be prominently displayed for our viewership. Complaining about the woes of the industry does nothing, neither does shooting the messenger who is telling you a legitimate reason why Skin isn't around.

There are plenty of, "Obligatory unattractive male characters" running around which can fill the role and are waaaay more popular. FYI: This character whom everyone is tearing up about was less popular than (in random order): Chamber, M, Husk, Synch, Jubliee. If you add Emma and Banshee to the mix (they were in the same comic), Skin becomes Mr. Irrelevant.

More to your point, why not ugly up a popular character over bringing back a guy that doesn't even crack the top 75? I hate the attitude of not dealing in reality and telling others what comics should be about. People like what they like and who are you to say which what things are relevant. The other suggestion I keep hammering home is I could be completely wrong and all you have to do is submit your letter to Marvel with the unknown legions of Skin fans.

Come up with a cool name though. Beyhive... Beliebers... Skin Moisturizers?? Skin Cares?? I dunno think of something.
    NO.

Thanks.

Yes, very tired.

i hate the O5. bring back Scott and Jean, who is already on her way back, and send those loser duplicates out of here. OML i like, but ultimately want Wolverine back. these gimmicks tend to be lame and disappear after a while. Marvel needs a DC style rebirth badly

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'd have to agree with the OP, specifically when it comes to duplicate characters. Their a straight up gimmick that's ok when used sparingly but Marvel blew past sparingly a long time ago. The o5 is Marvel's way of trying to paint themselves out of a corner. It's sad that bringing back teen versions, instead of resolving the multitude of problems the adult versions had, was the best idea the "house of ideas" could come up with. It's literally character regression instead of progression.

Maybe, just maybe, if they bring Jean back to the x-line they will start developing these characters again instead of trying to re-write the past.
    Agreed completely.

I love to see what the characters we know and love react and act to new experiences and adventures.

The alternates is a copout and a lazy way to make a do over and write the same old stories we already experienced. Not interested in that in the slightest. There are always back issues and paperbacks for that. Also, it really triggers me to see Tyke complaining about OG Cyclops nonstop when he hasn't experienced ALL that Cyclops had to do and experience to make him the epic character he ended up being. It justs smells like bad editorial propaganda.

Give me my characters and find ways to make good stories with them. Stop with the corner cutting and let's make great character stories with the originals.