Spectacular Member

Default Is it worth reading Swamp Thing Vol. 2 (1982) from the beginning?

I’ve heard some really good things about when Alan Moore takes over Swamp Thing from #20 but I was just wondering if it’s worth reading the series from the beginning or just reading Alan Moore’s run?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I’ve heard some really good things about when Alan Moore takes over Swamp Thing from #20 but I was just wondering if it’s worth reading the series from the beginning or just reading Alan Moore’s run?
    I think it’s worth reading from the beginning…it’s all subjective, of course, but I think the earlier comics are better than a lot of current comics, and reading them increases the pleasure of reading the wonderful Alan Moore run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    No it's not. But it is almost a must to have read Len Wein's Swamp Thing from vol.1 to start Alan Moore's run. Moore's 1st chapter directly refers to Wein's run to build on it.