Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    JLA is Atom (Ryan Choi), Vixen, Ray (Ray Terrill), Killer Frost (Caitlin Snow), Batman, Black Canary and Lobo

JL is Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, Flash (Barry Allen), Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz
    Create a another Justice team and add some more poc to it. African American, Asian, Latino, Arab, American Indian. For every 2 white characters 1 poc character should be there to represent. No more tokens. Four white characters, 3 poc characters. 7 member league. Five white characters, 4 poc characters. 9 member team.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Create a another Justice team and add some more poc to it. African American, Asian, Latino, Arab, American Indian. For every 2 white characters 1 poc character should be there to represent. No more tokens. Four white characters, 3 poc characters. 7 member league. Five white characters, 4 poc characters. 9 member team.
    Affirmative Action league.

Extraordinary Member

These spin off leagues are usually not that success full.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well, regarding my favorites:
    Cass Cain- Maybe if we're lucky Tynion will tease her next arc in 'Tec, but not likely.
    Jessica Cruz- Maybe a trailer or sneak peak of her in DC Superhero Girls.
    XS- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.
    Jakeem Thunder- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.
    Fire- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.
    Empress- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.
    The Justice League of China- What comes next for their book MIGHT be announced (Luen Yang isn't attending the Con from what I can tell). But if it is, I will be very glad.
    Just realized I somehow left off two 'top' faves of mine:

Connor Hawke- Hopefully Percy will talk about what he'll be doing with him in the next year.

Hot Spot- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.

Also, as far as non-heroes go, Lian Harper and Traya Sutton are also characters I continue to wait for news about...

Ultimate Member

Affirmative Action league.
    OH you mean McDuffie's JLA that still SOLD? That stayed in the top 10-20 of sales. Where everybody got respect and usage in that run?

JLA is Atom (Ryan Choi), Vixen, Ray (Ray Terrill), Killer Frost (Caitlin Snow), Batman, Black Canary and Lobo

JL is Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, Flash (Barry Allen), Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz
    Was it ever explained in-universe why the team needs two Green Lanterns versus just one Green Lantern?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Was it ever explained in-universe why the team needs two Green Lanterns versus just one Green Lantern?
    Simon and Jessica are partners. And while they're bros now, they didn't get along well at first. So, to make them cooperate, Hal merged their Lanterns together. They need to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I actually think those mirage type images is what makes her abilities so visually appealing especially when she's using animals that are not well known.

It would be great to see in live action for a movie especially when LoT does it so poorly (when they could have easily used animal sounds)
    Yeah, the mirage-type images do help, but I think in a way those will also be limiting after a while because although they can show a mirage or an image of her mimicking a snake, the audience wouldn't exactly know what kind of snake she is tapping into, or what type of frog or spider she is using. I think her powers (in live action and in animation) should be supplemented with voiceovers (to show us her thoughts) to hear specifically from her what type of animal(s) she is using and what exactly the animal(s) allow her to do. ("Let's see, I'll use the poison of a poison dart frog combined with the speed of a peregrine falcon and the agility of a house cat...")

If they only show a quick image of a sea cucumber or a tardigrade without any type of voiceover from Vixen, the audience may not know what animals those are and they'll be confused. "Wait, what kind of animal was that?"
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.

JLA literally could have been this and yet we have Lobo and a writer whose story is not cohenrent enough to read, no offense to people who like Steve Orlando but both of the things I mentioned need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Just realized I somehow left off two 'top' faves of mine:

Connor Hawke- Hopefully Percy will talk about what he'll be doing with him in the next year.

Hot Spot- Nothing. And this makes me very sad.

Also, as far as non-heroes go, Lian Harper and Traya Sutton are also characters I continue to wait for news about...
    I want Lian Harper back so much, the first Justice League book I read had her appear a few times.

Yeah, the mirage-type images do help, but I think in a way those will also be limiting after a while because although they can show a mirage or an image of her mimicking a snake, the audience wouldn't exactly know what kind of snake she is tapping into, or what type of frog or spider she is using. I think her powers (in live action and in animation) should be supplemented with voiceovers (to show us her thoughts) to hear specifically from her what type of animal(s) she is using and what exactly the animal(s) allow her to do. ("Let's see, I'll use the poison of a poison dart frog combined with the speed of a peregrine falcon and the agility of a house cat...")

If they only show a quick image of a sea cucumber or a tardigrade without any type of voiceover from Vixen, the audience may not know what animals those are and they'll be confused. "Wait, what kind of animal was that?"
    Do you think making the mirage more releastic i.e with the actual colors of the animals would help people identify the different types of animals she's using especially if they are of the same species, so no more singular colors e.g. purple or orange mirage images but the actual realistic image of the animal. While the average readers/audience may not know every animal, I do believe people are familiar with the images of different animals which could alleviate Vixen having to identify which specific snake species she's using or what type of bird or what have you.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-01-2017 at 06:11 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

JLA literally could have been this and yet we have Lobo and a writer whose story is not cohenrent enough to read, no offense to people who like Steve Orlando but both of the things I mentioned need to go.

I want Lian Harper back so much, the first Justice League book I read had her appear a few times.

Do you think making the mirage more releastic i.e with the actual colors of the animals would help people identify the different types of animals she's using especially if they are of the same species, so no more singular colors e.g. purple or orange mirage images but the actual realistic image of the animal. While the average readers/audience may not know every animal, I do believe people are familiar with the images of different animals which could alleviate Vixen having to identify which specific snake species she's using or what type of bird or what have you.
    I like the JLA team but man Orlando needs to get off the title. Lobo also needs to gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    OH you mean McDuffie's JLA that still SOLD? That stayed in the top 10-20 of sales. Where everybody got respect and usage in that run?
    God I love that team. Black Lightning , Vixen and John Stewart on one team? Why can't we get this again? Doesn't even have to be only black characters. This is why the JL shouldn't just be the main 7 it's so limiting.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-01-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    His run was the first JLA comic that I bought. I believe after McDuffie got fired, the sales declined after that with their new roster change. *smh*
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-01-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Well, at that time the rest of the GLC were gone and there was no Lantern to protect Earth except two rookies that weren't trained. Hal couldn't stay to help train them since he had to go search for the missing Corps, therefore he pretty much forced Jessica and Simon to work together by combining their power batteries, like Assam mentioned. Since there was no Green Lantern Corps around to train them and Hal had to leave, he thought the best option was for them to learn both from the Justice League and from one another. That was back then, now they are trained and they do get along, so you don't "need" to see them both with the League all the time anymore, hence Hal is in Metal and they are not.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-01-2017 at 06:02 AM.

I think Vixen would still need to say which specific kind of animal she is mimicking even if she is using animals in the same family or whatever the correct term is. For instance, if they flashed the realistic images of these spiders on the screen without specifically saying what kind of spiders they are, I would not know what type of spider they are and would not know specifically what each of them brings to the table in terms of abilities, or if any of these are poisonous or not (now some people would know, but I imagine most people wouldn't):

Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I like that idea. DC would never do it though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I like that idea. DC would never do it though.
    When I look at the sales of the current secondary "Justice Team" (Justice League of America), I kind of doubt that a 3rd team would do that great.

Btw. if you look at both current leagues together you have actually apart from Native American all ethnicities that Red Wolf listed.