Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    So in other words Disney was completely caught off guard by Black Panther’s success and have been scrambling to capitalize on it ever since. ����
    I mean, Disney also ended up pushing back Black Panther to prioritize Spider-Man Homecoming's release only for Black Panther to outgross it by an absurd amount.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think that season is slightly based on the pitch Redjack would offer to marvel if they asked him to do the current book. He said based on things now that pitch wouldn't work in comics without a lot of changes.
    I think Redjack said his pitch would be more "Doc Savage" then "Warrior King," which would honestly explain a lot about his approach to the cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, Disney also ended up pushing back Black Panther to prioritize Spider-Man Homecoming's release only for Black Panther to outgross it by an absurd amount.
    The better movie won.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Funny how Harley Quinn can get her own animated series, but Wonder Woman can't.
    It's really mind boggling, WW whole world is ripe for animation. Aquaman and Shazam too, yet we get nothing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It's really mind boggling, WW whole world is ripe for animation. Aquaman and Shazam too, yet we get nothing.
    I blame Cartoon Network. If Justice League Action can't survive past a first season, what could unless it's as zany and comedic as TTG! or the current DCSHG?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I blame Cartoon Network. If Justice League Action can't survive past a first season, what could unless it's as zany and comedic as TTG! or the current DCSHG?
    WB owns Boomerang & The CW.

Along with Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think it's just CN, taste seemed to have changed all around. I don't think the new generation cares about action cartoons like that. Outside of anime that is.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Unfortunately I don't think it's just CN, taste seemed to have changed all around. I don't think the new generation cares about action cartoons like that. Outside of anime that is.
    They don’t. Most kids these days are playing video games instead, well most young boys are, and the action cartoons are still made with the mindset of targeting boys. However animation wise, there’s DC Superhero Girls which stars WW and does very well from what I’ve heard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    A lot of people are ignorant to or forget just how much the Marvel movies in the MCU did for many of its heroes. The likes of Iron Man and Thor were not in fact the household names they are now back before their movies were made and became popular. They were B-List and C-List at best.
    They might not be Marvels biggest heros, but they are still bigger and had way more solo comics that you can pull from then DCs POC Characters.

Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap are at worst high B-List, DCs POCs are all C or D-List. Black Lightning has 36 Solo Issues, those guys have afaik 500+, and some of them had their own cartoon shows.

Antman and GotG are of course not that big, but they didn't do these movies untill the MCU had already become popular.

MCU is actually kind of comparable with the Arrowverse, where they couldn't use Batman and Superman, and used instead Green Arrow and Flash.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-14-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

During the height of BLM movement last month, Marvel made a black focused issue. Did DC do something similar? If so I didn't hear it, and I'm surprised they didn't take advantage of the momentum, but then again, they're busy cleaning up after the cancellation of 5G...

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They might not be Marvels biggest heros, but they are still bigger and had way more solo comics that you can pull from then DCs POC Characters.

Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap are at worst high B-List, DCs POCs are all C or D-List. Black Lightning has 36 Solo Issues, those guys have afaik 500+, and some of them had their own cartoon shows.

Antman and GotG are of course not that big, but they didn't do these movies untill the MCU had already become popular.

MCU is actually kind of comparable with the Arrowverse, where they couldn't use Batman and Superman, and used instead Green Arrow and Flash.
    Black Lightning has his own live-action show, which the comics did nothing to capitalize on.

DC has Batman of the eyes disorder, and this would account for most of the decisions made about animation currently. It's said considering the catalog they have but the material they put out. There are so many different genres DC could cover especially with them having the better animation game on lock right now.
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-15-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well we already have a “black Justice League”

Val-Zod
    Batwing
    Nubia
    Aqualad
    Kid Flash
    John Stewart
    Connor Hawke
    Bumblebee
    Northwind
    Firestorm Jason Rusch
    Guardian
    Steel
    Vixen
    Tanya Spears
    Tiffany Fox
    Black Lightning

This is not a serious post by the way.
    Seriously though, that group has a good amount heavyweights that could be the nucleus for an amazing team, but we are stuck with the perception that no team can be on the league's level or greater. This is a trash notion cause in the hands of good writers most of these listed characters could be big time as their own team!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    WB owns Boomerang & The CW.

Along with Cartoon Network.
    Do you think WB would produce a cartoon and then tell one of their own networks to deliberately sabotage them by having said network just stop airing them or holding back on episodes for several months?

I think CN has some autonomy in this respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They don’t. Most kids these days are playing video games instead, well most young boys are, and the action cartoons are still made with the mindset of targeting boys. However animation wise, there’s DC Superhero Girls which stars WW and does very well from what I’ve heard.
    But it's no DCAU cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    DC has Batman of the eyes disorder, and this would account for most of the decisions made about animation currently. It's said considering the catalog they have but the material they put out. There are so many different genres DC could cover especially with them having the better animation game on lock right now.
    Unless you count Harley Quinn Batman hasn't had a cartoon since 2014.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Black Lightning has his own live-action show, which the comics did nothing to capitalize on.
    They did the Cold Dead hands mini series by the character's original creator Tony Isabella which didn't really capture most people's attention.

I feel like DC should really give someone else a crack at a Black Lightning comic. All of the Black Lightning solo comic material has been written by the character's creator Tony Isabella. Perhaps the character needs some fresh new writers with interesting ideas to prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    They did the Cold Dead hands mini series by the character's original creator Tony Isabella which didn't really capture most people's attention.

I feel like DC should really give someone else a crack at a Black Lightning comic. All of the Black Lightning solo comic material has been written by the character's creator Tony Isabella. Perhaps the character needs some fresh new writers with interesting ideas to prosper.
    I've seen mixed response from people on Bryan Hill, who basically is Jefferson's main writer at this point. Although I think people view his Jefferson more favorably than they do his handling of Duke Thomas.