Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I’m not sure why a comic focusing on Jefferson, Thunder and Lightning wouldn’t do good. Wouldn’t hurt to try. You listening DC?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well we already have a “black Justice League”

Val-Zod
    Batwing
    Nubia
    Aqualad
    Kid Flash
    John Stewart
    Connor Hawke
    Bumblebee
    Northwind
    Firestorm Jason Rusch
    Guardian
    Steel
    Vixen
    Tanya Spears
    Tiffany Fox
    Black Lightning

This is not a serious post by the way.
    While I would shy away from a 'black Justice League' with a black Superman, black Batman, black Wonder Woman, etc. I could totally get behind;

Black Lightning
    Steel
    Vixen
    as the 'adult supervision' to

Aqualad
    Bumblebee
    Thunder
    Vaporlock

occasional rotating in-and-out appearances by John Stewart, Amazing Man, Nommo/Dr. Mist (in a 'Phantom Stranger what shows up mysteriously with dire portents' role), Lightning, Northwind and Static. Season to taste.

I like some combination of these characters (Vixen, Bumblebee, Dr. Mist and Amazing Man, most of all), so I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    They did the Cold Dead hands mini series by the character's original creator Tony Isabella which didn't really capture most people's attention.

I feel like DC should really give someone else a crack at a Black Lightning comic. All of the Black Lightning solo comic material has been written by the character's creator Tony Isabella. Perhaps the character needs some fresh new writers with interesting ideas to prosper.
    That mini was extremely boring
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think WB would produce a cartoon and then tell one of their own networks to deliberately sabotage them by having said network just stop airing them or holding back on episodes for several months?
    BET did it to Black Panther's cartoon.

Nickelodeon did it to As Told By Ginger-an entire season has not aired in the USA despite the series finale airing here.

To a lessor point the 8th season of Muppet Babies and the 7th season of Alvin and the Chipmunks had it done to them.

And a case could be made with NBC's treatment of New Kids on the Block & Kid N Play's cartoon shows. Shows were made and a lot of the country never saw them.

The CW did it to Mario Lopez and Robert Richard's show as well in 2007.

There is a track record of that mess being done.

They did the Cold Dead hands mini series by the character's original creator Tony Isabella which didn't really capture most people's attention.
    It was horrible. So horrible I took my copies to Half Price books and sold them.
    It was just as bad as BL volume 2 (not the 1995 series but the run that cam after the first book ended). Too much pandering to certain factions.

Although I think people view his Jefferson more favorably than they do his handling of Duke Thomas.
    Duke is an after thought to Hill in that book.

Jefferson might work out better if Batman was not there. However when you got stores that wouldn't stock that book without Batman's name on it-you get stuck with him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I would shy away from a 'black Justice League' with a black Superman, black Batman, black Wonder Woman, etc. I could totally get behind;

I like some combination of these characters (Vixen, Bumblebee, Dr. Mist and Amazing Man, most of all), so I'd buy it.
    Well I did my version of JL-just need to scan and load it.

And it's more of if one had to put an all black JL or Legion together could it be done?

Aquaman (if you didn't use Aqualad) and the ones made for the show (Black Lightning excluded) were the only ones I couldn't do.

I actually did find a black female speedster (aside from XS) in Wildstorm but didn't use her.

Extraordinary Member

Has Tony written every solo Black Lightning comic?

Wasn’t there a Black lightning: Year One mini not written by him?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I actually did find a black female speedster (aside from XS) in Wildstorm but didn't use her.
    Oh goodness, I forgot Wildstorm completely. Serge and Flint and Battalion and Frostbite! (And, uh, others I'm sure I'm forgetting...)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh goodness, I forgot Wildstorm completely. Serge and Flint and Battalion and Frostbite! (And, uh, others I'm sure I'm forgetting...)
    And Voodoo!!

Has Tony written every solo Black Lightning comic?

Wasn’t there a Black lightning: Year One mini not written by him?
    Yes, that was written by Jen Van Meter.

Extraordinary Member

Black Lightning is not really more interesting when he is written by someone else, in the different incarnations of Outsiders he has imo been as boring as in his solos.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That mini was extremely boring
    Agreed.

There must be someone out there with some more interesting ideas for black lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think WB would produce a cartoon and then tell one of their own networks to deliberately sabotage them by having said network just stop airing them or holding back on episodes for several months?

I think CN has some autonomy in this respect.

But it's no DCAU cartoon.

Unless you count Harley Quinn Batman hasn't had a cartoon since 2014.
    My point was that in most of the animated movies he weighs heavy in just about 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Agreed.

There must be someone out there with some more interesting ideas for black lightning
    There HAS to be, he needs a complete overhaul and his villains are too weak. The man is a human generator and they got him fighting street levelers. It'd be like giving Thor Daredevils villiians.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    There HAS to be, he needs a complete overhaul and his villains are too weak. The man is a human generator and they got him fighting street levelers. It'd be like giving Thor Daredevils villiians.
    Aside from Tobias and Painkiller what rogues gallery does he have in comics?

I’m not sure why a comic focusing on Jefferson, Thunder and Lightning wouldn’t do good. Wouldn’t hurt to try. You listening DC?
    Tony Isabella doesn’t like the kids and he seems to be the only one who gets to write BL solos. It sucks but he’s so loud on social media I think DC is hesitant to openly anger him (moreso than they are right now with BatO).