Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Pitch The Aqua-Man of China

The Justice League of China currently consists of: Super-Man, Bat-Man and Robin-Bot, Wonder-Woman, and The Flash. In addition, a Lantern of China and an Aqua-Man of China have already been teased and foreshadowed. On the New Super-Man threads, the possibilities for a Lantern of China have already been discussed. I'm interested in hearing some ideas for what could be done for an Aqua-Man of China. Preferably, these ideas should have something to do with Chinese culture or mythology, although, as Baixi and Avery show, that isn't mandatory. Also, having them be The Aqua-Woman of China instead is allowed.

Have Fun!

WHYNOT.jpg
    Last edited by Assam; 09-16-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

An 'Aquaman' tied to the Dragon Kings of the Four Seas could be interesting, to have an aquatic hero who can assume a dragon form, and command the weather and waves, in addition to being far tougher than an Atlantean. (With vast strength and toughness in his dragon form.)

He'd live here, in his magical palace beneath the sea.

A revamped Lagoon Boy .

I would also go for a Dragon King, but I'm afraid it could be somewhat reminiscent of Deilan's story. So, if not a Dragon, either I would have a Chinese experiment à la Superman-Zero but for an Aquaman of China, or a resident from one of the mythical watery domains of Chinese mythology. A courtier for Ao Kuang could be interesting.

I would add one Aqua-Woman.. Mera hates that name..

With the rest no problem.. More men... But I want one aqua woman here..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-16-2017 at 01:11 PM.

I would maybe not do China but go for the Phillipines because they seem to have a culture that's more based around the water.

Anyway, if you've seen Stephen chow's the mermaid, that's pretty much it. An Aquaman that's deals with noise pollution and The Cove like nastiness

A young looking guy with great speed and strength but turns into a creepy sea creature when touching water and probably is related to a Chinese sea god.

Extraordinary Member

IIts funnt cuz many of the animated version of garth have looked very eastern

BANNED

I honestly don't follow this series at all but isn't there already a Chinese superhero team in DC. I remember them from 52. Why not just use them instead of creating analogues of white characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I honestly don't follow this series at all but isn't there already a Chinese superhero team in DC. I remember them from 52. Why not just use them instead of creating analogues of white characters
    You're thinking of The Great Ten, and they haven't just been forgotten; they're IN New Super-Man occasionally, including the current arc. The members of the Justice League of China are much more than analogues, each having a completely distinct personality and background (I personally find Kenan, Baixi, Deilan and Avery to be some of DC's best characters and infinitely more likable and interesting than anyone on The Great Ten) and as far as "Why not just use them" the two teams are completely different, as emphasized in the book, and as such there are stories you can tell with them that you can't with The Great Ten. And also, well...have you looked at The Great Ten's sales? They make New Super-Man's look like current Batman's.

Incredible Member

Issue 1: Aquaman dies from all the pollution in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Issue 1: Aquaman dies from all the pollution in the water.
    Ahahah that would be quite funny actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's answered in the comic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I agree that it should be a woman. And, for that matter, so should Green Lantern. A team of characters with four women shouldn't be an issue and from what I can tell New Super-Man hasn't been afraid to push boundaries before.

I would also make her tied to the Dragon Queen, and I'm not afraid of it being similar to something else though at the same time I think that having her shift completely into a dragon might not be the best course of action - though... maybe. She would have control over water similar to Mera, and have the same fish telepathy thing going on that Arthur has, and to incorporate the dragon stuff she'd be able to turn into some kind of sea leviathan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If its a woman the out of a shout out to the anime My Bride is a Mermaid, I say a combination of Aquaman and Huntress, shes a mermaid who is a daughter of a crime lord who becomes a hero to help humanity and their problems.