Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Dear Warner Bros.,

If you are really serious about making Justice League and your other DCEU movies more hopeful, here is a really simple way to do it. Replace the current completely forgettable Man of Steel theme with the classic John Williams theme!

Thank-you.
    I have to disagree. While John Williams is the best the new scores are really good. They shall use this. To make the films hopeful we can't simply change the music. One thing i loved about MoS and BvS are the scores especially that of MoS. Yes they are not memorable as Williams because they are not catchy. But i really love them.

A lot of people loved the latest JL trailer released in SDCC. An important part was its music which takes cues from the Man of Steel Main Theme. This theme is also hopeful and inspiring. The reason we feel Superman to be less hopeful is the writing but the them is inspiring and powerful. This can't be as influential as John Williams. After all who can? That man was a legend.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's the same universe, though, Jim, unlike the DCEU and Donnerverse.
    HOMECOMING is in yet another universe from all the other Spidey universes that came before, if I understand correctly. And I hear that they use the '60s cartoon show theme in that movie.

'Sides, the Superman theme has been used on TV shows that have nothing to do with Donner, Lester or Singer. Would it really be so bad to use a variation on the theme as a wink? Or is that too cute?

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

A lot of people loved the latest JL trailer released in SDCC. An important part was its music which takes cues from the Man of Steel Main Theme. This theme is also hopeful and inspiring. The reason we feel Superman to be less hopeful is the writing but the them is inspiring and powerful. This can't be as influential as John Williams. After all who can? That man was a legend.
    They also changed the colour saturation, if you compare the earlier trailer with the last one. The colour saturation seems like the biggest way to identify a DCEU movie. WONDER WOMAN shakes this up by varying the colour saturation depending on the location. Seems like JUSTICE LEAGUE is going to be more vibrant than BVS, but not as saturated as a typical MCGU movie.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 09-16-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They also changed the colour saturation, if you compare the earlier trailer with the last one. The colour saturation seems like the biggest way to identify a DCEU movie. WONDER WOMAN shakes this up by varying the colour saturation depending on the location. Seems like JUSTICE LEAGUE is going to be more vibrant than BVS, but not as saturated as a typical MCGU movie.
    Thank you. I noticed that too. The first trailer had me worried. If everything happens at near darkness i may not be able to catch all the action. 3-D may hamper it even more. But brighter colors means i can see action more clearly. I don't want all fun and colors but a brighter template helps.
    I had more hope on this movie then before seeing the trailer. Maybe it also has to do with the hopeful and heroic music of the trailer after Steppenwolf arrives and starts 'No protectors here...'. What do others think? I maybe blinded by my love for Man of Steel theme.

HOMECOMING is in yet another universe from all the other Spidey universes that came before, if I understand correctly. And I hear that they use the '60s cartoon show theme in that movie.

'Sides, the Superman theme has been used on TV shows that have nothing to do with Donner, Lester or Singer. Would it really be so bad to use a variation on the theme as a wink? Or is that too cute?

Add some tinting, some speed blur, a bit more blur, a few lense flares, and a little desaturation... and voila!
    It's now a modern movie.

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The insertion of John Williams Superman theme into the Snyder-verse would seem out of place, and somewhat surreal.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The new "Superman" movies don't deserve Williams' classic.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Why would a Superman theme be put in a movie where Superman doesn't appear?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why would a Superman theme be put in a movie where Superman doesn't appear?
    Ha. I see what you did there.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Like the red trunks, it ain't coming back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I just thank the good lord we won't be getting a generic, uninspired, endless percussion loop, Hans Zimmer score for JL!
    Which would largely be because Superman is not in most of it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

'Sides, the Superman theme has been used on TV shows that have nothing to do with Donner, Lester or Singer. Would it really be so bad to use a variation on the theme as a wink? Or is that too cute?[CENTER]
    If the DCEU wanted to use the Williams theme in a cute way like that, I would have no problem with it. Otherwise, it would be like forcing a square peg into a round hole, IMO. At any rate, I know I don't want the more well known and even more iconic Batman theme from the '60s in any serious moment of a Bats film!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I happen to love the "Man of Steel" theme and personally believe it's very strong and inspiring.
    Yep I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ha. I see what you did there.
    Well, Superman isn't in the Justice League movie, as far as I know, so I'm not sure what the use it would be in that movie. It would've made more sense in Man of Steel, BVS, or any future Superman movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I happen to love the "Man of Steel" theme and personally believe it's very strong and inspiring.
    It reminds me an awful lot of the theme from Broken Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Which would largely be because Superman is not in most of it.
    Actually it's because Zimmer said after BVS he's not scoring anymore superhero films.