Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by squirecam View Post
    So just to be clear, if Joe said it wouldn’t be undone by magic, but it’s undone by technology, you won’t consider the statement untrue because he promised only magic....

That’s a thin line. Clearly the statements were meant to say the unmasking wouldn’t be undone. You can nit pick but its a poor defense and semantics. Joe knew what he was implying (at least) was not true.
    If Joe Quesada said it wouldn't be undone by magic, and it was undone by technology, I would consider his initial statement true, because it is literally true.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If Joe Quesada said it wouldn't be undone by magic, and it was undone by technology, I would consider his initial statement true, because it is literally true.
    It was a combination of magic and technology.

We also have no way of knowing if the method in OMIT was even legit, or just a false memory implanted into everyone to act as a smokescreen to hide Mephisto's involvement. We learned in Spider-Man/Deadpool that Mephisto is still aware of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It was a combination of magic and technology.

We also have no way of knowing if the method in OMIT was even legit, or just a false memory implanted into everyone to act as a smokescreen to hide Mephisto's involvement. We learned in Spider-Man/Deadpool that Mephisto is still aware of the deal.
    It could have happened, and Mephisto could still be aware of it.

I'll note again the only thing Quesada was directly quoted as saying was that there won't be a Bobby Ewing. I don't know if he added the other part, or if the reporter interpreted it in a particular way.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It could have happened, and Mephisto could still be aware of it.

I'll note again the only thing Quesada was directly quoted as saying was that there won't be a Bobby Ewing. I don't know if he added the other part, or if the reporter interpreted it in a particular way.
    And at the end of the day, what difference does it make? Marvel made a specific decision and are sticking with it as far as can be seen. If you utterly reject the destination, like me, the exacts of why it was done and so on are equally frustrating.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

What is the last ten years?
    Written by professionals, whether people like it or not
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Written by professionals, whether people like it or not
    And yet most fanfiction I've read in the last ten years seems MORE professional, whether people care to admit it or not

And yet most fanfiction I've read in the last ten years seems MORE professional, whether people care to admit it or not
    i don't know if people need to admit/validate another person's personal tastes? isn't that sort of impossible?

and ten years is oddly specific. have fan fiction writers experienced a mass improvement in quality since 2007?
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And at the end of the day, what difference does it make? Marvel made a specific decision and are sticking with it as far as can be seen. If you utterly reject the destination, like me, the exacts of why it was done and so on are equally frustrating.
    One should still be consistent with the expectations of moral behavior. If you think Quesada lied (or told the truth) and how you view the righteousness of that should have nothing to do with whether you agreed with his other decisions.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

One should still be consistent with the expectations of moral behavior. If you think Quesada lied (or told the truth) and how you view the righteousness of that should have nothing to do with whether you agreed with his other decisions.
    I’ve said many times that if Joe wanted to end the marriage then that was his call. A deal with the devil was the worst possible way, but so be it. But Joe forced the issue due to civil war. Peter couldn’t remain unmasked and he used it to help justify his poor story.

I wish Marvel would fix OMD. No, that doesn’t mean MJ and Peter are again married. But they do have to remember the deal, face down Mephisto and ultimately triumph.

I can see where you're coming from.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't read fan fiction so I can't admit anything

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    and ten years is oddly specific. have fan fiction writers experienced a mass improvement in quality since 2007?
    Scarlet Witch whispered "no more terrible Wincest stories"
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Depends on where you look. I usually look to the recommendations on TVTropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I don't read fan fiction so I can't admit anything

Scarlet Witch whispered "no more terrible Wincest stories"
    I regret googling that term.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I regret googling that term.
    I think fan fiction is an automatic Google regret.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think fan fiction is an automatic Google regret.
    95% of fanfic is meh. Not really terrible, but nothing to write home about. 3.5% is disgustingly horrible, and the remaining 1.5% is worth a read.