Default Why No Star Wars Rebels Video Games?

Here's something that I've been wondering recently.

When Star Wars the Clones Wars came out in 2009 we had a few video games released of it on multiple consoles over the course of the shows run. This includes Lego Star Wars III and Star Wars Republic Heroes amongst numerous others which I won't name here. Well the current TV show Star Wars Rebels is coming close to it's end and yet we have not had a single video game based on the show (besides a flash game or two). The closest we've had to a Star Wars Rebels game is the characters appearing in Disney Infinity and Lego Star Wars TFA. But even then they have no levels or stories focusing on them. Instead the characters are used in the game's main levels such as playing through the original trilogy.

It could do with Disney buying out the Star Wars Franchise but still, a game based on the show would have been awesome. Too bad one never came out.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Not even some IOS free to play? That's odd, not like Disney to pass a chance to squeeze some bucks out of us.

I think Disney/EA isn't quite rushing out as many games as Lucasarts did. I don't think the Clone Wars games were that well-received as well.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

But still, the characters have only appeared as playable characters in non-Rebels games. It would have been fun to have Lego Star Wars IV: Rebels.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Well, there have been a handful of free online and mobile games devoted to Rebels.

Also, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, Agent Kallus, and Grand Admiral Thrawn are playable characters in the mobile game Force Arena, with Kanan Jarrus, Chopper, Gov. Pryce, and Fenn Rau as NPCs.

I did hear of a Rebels mobile game but it has been discontinued and thus unplayable.

Also I think there could be a chance of Sabine appearing in games based on Forces Of Destiny. Maybe one where you get to colour her hair.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

- Ghost Raid

- Rebel Strike

- Team Tactics

- Strike Missions

- Special Ops

- Recon Missions (discontinued app game)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

EA must not have any interest in Rebels. The games their making is focusing heavily on the movies. Maybe the unknown game developed by Visceral Games will have some of the Rebels characters.

Well, LucasFilm no long has a video game company working and Rebels is ending soon and not the most high-profile branch of the franchise right now. I'm not sure it's exactly as marketable as something with ties to the sequel trilogy.

iMan 42s

I'm not clear on the specifics of what might've caused it on my end but it just didn't seem as marketable as TCW. I guess this is what happens when you have an era which to some degree many are already familiar with so it leaves less breathing room, and may to some degree have to tie into the show which might create a disconnect. Maybe that's something that could be worked out, but Rebels is also ending soon so they may also just be too late to do anything right now.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.