Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dang, you are on a roll today
    lol

/10char

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    cause most people are conflicted about Scemma.
    With jean on the poll it would be : "they belong together", "solmates", "jott forever", blah blah blah.
    Sue storm not picky. Nerd husband, Fish.
    She'd mess around with Cyke without a second thought if Scott ever decided ...
    You act as if half the X-Men fandom isn't conflicted towards Jott. Everyone has different opinions, so there shouldn't be a reason Jean wasn't added unless you want to be truthful and say you don't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    You act as if half the X-Men fandom isn't conflicted towards Jott. Everyone has different opinions, so there shouldn't be a reason Jean wasn't added unless you want to be truthful and say you don't like her.
    My conflict with it is that it seems the writers seem unable to allow them both to be both competent and decent at the same time. One seems required to be either ineffective or a complete douche in their interactions with each other. You shouldn't have to tear one down in order to build the other up.

No one should be allowed to write them together without turning in a book report on the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix - in order to prove they understand how to do it.

Obviously I dont like her but congratulations (if real jean really returns for good and all )
    IDK abt entire X fandom. But CBR making it very clear to us that Jott is favourite couple there.(I dont know why)
    There's no point add jean on the poll.
    Jean, jott will win. Unfortunately.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Obviously I dont like her but congratulations (if real jean really returns for good and all )
    IDK abt entire X fandom. But CBR making it very clear to us that Jott is favourite couple there.(I dont know why)
    Emma has a lot of fans here as well - her having twice as many votes as the next closest person is only surprising because it's that close. Possibly due to her having a pile of anti-fans.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

If this poll is about opinions then there should be no reason not to add Jean.

If this poll is about opinions then there should be no reason not to add Jean.
    Removing the most popular option or two is a good way to see what people like besides the top vote-getters. Sometimes it's the only way for anything else to have a chance - such as when ESPN removed the Buttfumble from the list of worst plays because as long as it was an option, it was going to win.

On a side note, we actually live close by each other IRL (presuming your location is real and not a SE reference) - I'm a little ways north in Mesquite.

BANNED

Honestly, he is toxic to any female character he touches. I would keep all of them away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Removing the most popular option or two is a good way to see what people like besides the top vote-getters. Sometimes it's the only way for anything else to have a chance - such as when ESPN removed the Buttfumble from the list of worst plays because as long as it was an option, it was going to win.

On a side note, we actually live close by each other IRL (presuming your location is real and not a SE reference) - I'm a little ways north in Mesquite.
    That just sets up uneven results and skews perception.

Emma has a lot of fans here as well - her having twice as many votes as the next closest person is only surprising because it's that close. Possibly due to her having a pile of anti-fans.
    Aren't most of them in hibernation? Or wherever fake blondes go to die?

My conflict with it is that it seems the writers seem unable to allow them both to be both competent and decent at the same time. One seems required to be either ineffective or a complete douche in their interactions with each other. You shouldn't have to tear one down in order to build the other up.

No one should be allowed to write them together without turning in a book report on the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix - in order to prove they understand how to do it.
    Lol, I love this especially the last part.

BANNED

Sue storm not picky. Nerd husband, Fish.
    She'd mess around with Cyke without a second thought if Scott ever decided ...
    Disgusting. Is that how you talk about the First Lady of Marvel!?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No choice for no one? No Jean, then no one. Cut his balls off
    Agreed.

Yeaaah, I like Scott just fine (esp in the last decade ETA: excl. Fraction lol), but all of his relationships end up making everyone look bad. I'd like to see if he can function and thrive as a single person.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 09-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.

BANNED

People are always going on about fierce, independent women who don't need no man. Well it's time Cyclops took that approach for himself (well if he could, because he's dead hahaha) and learn to be a single guy who don't need no woman for once in his life. There is definitely a double standard here with it being considered progressive for a woman to be single but a man still has to be attached constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    People are always going on about fierce, independent women who don't need no man. Well it's time Cyclops took that approach for himself (well if he could, because he's dead hahaha) and learn to be a single guy who don't need no woman for once in his life. There is definitely a double standard here with it being considered progressive for a woman to be single but a man still has to be attached constantly.
    Totally agree!

Maybe he just likes being in a relationship. I do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yet, they never seem to work out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Yet, they never seem to work out for him.
    Eh, that can be said for a lot of people though.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I don't disagree with that IRL, but as a reader I like to see that dynamic shifted. Unless it's a story I'm following specifically for a romance (this is never the case for an indefinite serial like X-Men), I enjoy seeing a larger emphasis elsewhere.