Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is going to be a fun arc. I would love to see a new X-Force book spinning out of this, perhaps replacing Weapon X when that book ends (it's pretty stale right now but maybe the Nuke arc can revive it).

Regardless, just reunite this team with the present day versions, have Gerry Duggan write it and Pepe Larraz draw it, and let the latter give characters like Shatterstar, Blink and Armor some updated looks. Boom. Perfection. I'd buy the hell out of that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This is going to be a fun arc. I would love to see a new X-Force book spinning out of this, perhaps replacing Weapon X when that book ends (it's pretty stale right now but maybe the Nuke arc can revive it).

Regardless, just reunite this team with the present day versions, have Gerry Duggan write it and Pepe Larraz draw it, and let the latter give characters like Shatterstar, Blink and Armor some updated looks. Boom. Perfection. I'd buy the hell out of that!
    I think once Cable & Weapon X inevitably end, setting up a new X-Force with some combination of said characters would be great.

Cable doesn't need to end, especially with him making his film debut in Deadpool 2 next year. The book just needs a more exciting direction. I miss his series from the 90s where he was a Marvel Universe mainstay, interacting with everyone from Hulk to Ghost Rider to Black Panther. And, of course, interacting with the rest of the X-teams in a major way. Since that time they've made him more the "lone wolf" character running off on his own, which used to be Logan's schtick. Now Logan is a team man through and through and couldn't possibly be on more teams if he tried.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think once Cable & Weapon X inevitably end, setting up a new X-Force with some combination of said characters would be great.
    No cable forms his own X-force and after two arc we get weapond x vs X-force crossover

That would be cool. Hope it happens.

All-New Member

I have such high hopes for this relaunch, but I fear all of Shatterstar's character development and relationship with Rictor will be ignored.

I'm not a fan of Malin's Liefeld-inspired art, but it makes way more sense here than it did in Thunderbolts.
    The arc looks fun otherwise, I might give it a shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    No cable forms his own X-force and after two arc we get weapond x vs X-force crossover
    Let him use the present day iteration of those characters and have the second arc be a fight aginst weapond X and its perfictm

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I have such high hopes for this relaunch, but I fear all of Shatterstar's character development and relationship with Rictor will be ignored.
    Probably, but it looks like they're using a younger version of Shatterstar for this arc (they all look to be time displaced). I'll be pissed if they use the regular one and ignore it anyway.

Yes, Ed Brisson confirmed on twitter that this is a younger Shatterstar, from before his relationship with Rictor.

I´m really happy to have Selene back . The X Men really need a big scary female villain. Selene is perfect. I also would like to know more about Candra. How old she is? I am sure nothing close to the 17,000 yo of Selene but. and how can she be "dead" ? (she was "dead" before...). It would be nice to see some of the Externals background explained through this series...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Blink and Armor in X-Force could be an exciting new direction for them (ie having a direction). So bored of Weapon X so bring on X-Force!

Unpopular opinion: would prefer OML to Cable in leading a new X-Force. Never cared for Nathan and he was my least favorite part of the original run. Would be fine with taking Logan out of Gold as it never made sense to bring OML just to domesticate him like our Wolvie was before he died.

OML
    Blink
    Armor
    Shatterstar
    Rictor
    Boom Boom
    Warpath

I think you've got to have Cable to make it X-Force. Especially with the movie coming. X-Force is his team and IMO he's an integral part of it. Otherwise it's something else. Exiles, Weapon X, etc. The only reason the Kyle/Yost and Remender X-Force squads didn't have Cable is because he was first missing in the timestream raising Hope and then presumed dead after Second Coming. So Cyclops stood up X-Force in his absence with Logan leading, and then Logan kept it going with a more veteran squad after SC.

And OML and Cable's voices are kind of similar. Nathan's just less ornery, a little shadier and more intelligent.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-24-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think you've got to have Cable to make it X-Force. Especially with the movie coming. X-Force is his team and IMO he's an integral part of it. Otherwise it's something else. Exiles, Weapon X, etc.

And OML and Cable's voices are kind of similar. Nathan's just less ornery, a little shadier and more intelligent.
    Your description reminds me that I kind of love how Nathan is often seen as working against his own team (even when he doesn't believe he is). There's cool conflict to be had there.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Your description reminds me that I kind of love how Nathan is often seen as working against his own team (even when he doesn't believe he is). There's cool conflict to be had there.
    Agreed. That's when he's at his best. I loved how Hopeless played with that in the Cable & X-Force series, where Nathan was having these visions and playing his cards close to the vest with regards to what he knew about future events. Spurrier had some fun with it too, taking it to the extreme where he ultimately lost the trust of his entire team by the end.

In Weapon X, Pak seems to kind of be playing with OML in the same way, having him play the various members of his team to try and keep "the wheels on the bus" as he puts it to Warpath.

Old man Logan's whole schtick, basically being a craftier version of young Logan who has knowledge of a horrible future that he's trying to prevent, is essentially Cable's place in the X-men universe. Which is probably why Nathan's been sent off to the timestream to do something else for now. Playing Time Cop of the Marvel Universe or some crap.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-24-2017 at 10:24 AM.