Thread: Raven vs. Magik

Default Raven vs. Magik

Which one of these magic wielding heroines would win in a fight? This is pre-DCnU 52 reboot Raven vs. Magik (who gets her soul-sword). Who is the greater magic wielder between the two?

Fight One: The Arena
    Fight Two: NYC
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Both of them have teleportation abilities, but I'm not sure who is the greater spell-caster. I don't know what effect Magik's souldsword would have on Raven's soul-self either.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Is Illyana even around right now?

The last time I heard of her was before the giant mess with the Beyonders and such. I have no idea what she can do at the current time.

It feels like battle of the "are either total plot devices or super useless with generally almost no middle ground" characters. So, I mean.. flip a coin?

What are Magik's h2h and melee skills like? I don't recall Raven being that great in physical combat nor do I remember her ever using any sort of weaponry.

For the simple fact that she regularly wields a sword with some idea of how to do so, Magik has better personal combat skills. This isn't one of those fights where it would ever come down to melee/hand to hand combat though.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To me, Magik's best bet is just to teleport Raven into the sun or into the Dark Dimension or something. Doesn't even use her magical abilities, and she's always been fast as hell with those disks.