Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

You know what ticks me off about the NHL this year? They implemented that stupid penalty on an off sides challenge to cut down on time wasted. You know what wastes time? Kicking the players out of the dots every time! Hey liney, maybe if you didn't hold the puck for 30 seconds and just, you know, dropped it, you wouldn't have to keep kicking players out of the face offs. IDIOTS!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You know what ticks me off about the NHL this year? They implemented that stupid penalty on an off sides challenge to cut down on time wasted. You know what wastes time? Kicking the players out of the dots every time! Hey liney, maybe if you didn't hold the puck for 30 seconds and just, you know, dropped it, you wouldn't have to keep kicking players out of the face offs. IDIOTS!
    Well, there's actually a penalty for this too. If the same team causes 2 delays on the face-off, it's a delay of game penalty for that team.

I have to say, at this point they are. I thought when Fleury went down they were in trouble. But they're still just steamrolling teams. They beat my Hawks with their 3rd string goalie and it could have been worse than the score.

This team isn't really an expansion team. They're loaded with talent across the board.

Meanwhile, my Hawks have lost their last four games. Our top D pairing isn't getting it done, which is surprising considering it's Keith and Seabrooks. I knew that contract extension Bowman gave Seabs was going to bite us in the butt. He was looking less than average last year, and this year he has been even worse.

Keith is normally pretty steady, but has played bad. And I'm not overstating that. I think Seabs is part of the reason why, but he still needs to play better.

Q needs to split up the D pairings. Play the best two at the top, which would be Rutta and Forsling, Keith with Murphy, and pair Seabs with Kempny.
    The Hawks are looking pretty brutal. I don't know what happened to this team. They started off so good.

Meanwhile, is John Tavares looking for $15 million/year contract? He looks absolutely brilliant. Just got a hat trick tonight.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers bounced back from Thursday's frustrating loss in Ottawa with a 4-2 win in Toronto last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    Well, there's actually a penalty for this too. If the same team causes 2 delays on the face-off, it's a delay of game penalty for that team.
    I know, but that's my point. It should never get to that. Watch how long they wait to drop the puck. It's almost like they're waiting for one of the players to start too soon so they can kick them out of the dot. The league should instruct them to wait until both players are in the dot, then drop it right away. STOP taking 30 seconds to drop it. I was at a game one time and the ref was taking so long to drop it, that he kicked out both players from each team and still was taking forever. Everyone started screaming "DROP THE PUCK MORON!"

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers bounced back from Thursday's frustrating loss in Ottawa with a 4-2 win in Toronto last night.
    That was impressive. I was able to see some of it on NHLN. They were bouncing around the league showing different games like they always do and I caught about 5 minutes of playing time for that game.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Saturdays are always awesome for hockey. I'm basically in sensory overload due to the sheer amount of games. Last night, I couldn't decide if I wanted to watch the Flyers vs. Leafs or Rangers vs. Canadiens match, so I mostly ended up watching Rangers vs. Canadiens. Man, the Canadiens are terrible defensively.

On the flip side, I am at that point where the Oilers need to do something. Mostly, I want Lucic either down in the AHL or playing on the fourth line. He is by far one of the worst contracts in the NHL and can't seem to be doing anything. I don't know how much money the Oilers are making, but they should probably buy Lucic's remaining contract out. Can't trade him and can't use him. What an absolutely unbelievably useless player!

Ok...this is getting ridiculous. The Vegas Golden Knights have another injured goalie on their hands. This time around, it's Oscar Dansk. WTF is going on?

WOW, Arizona. You almost blew it. After leading 3-0 in the game, they quickly let the Flyers storm back in, especially with two goals in the last minute of the game. They finally ended up winning the game (sorry, WPP), but WOW!

The Senators are stinking up the ice tonight, and against a struggling Canadien's team playing their back-up goaltender.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    The Senators are stinking up the ice tonight, and against a struggling Canadien's team playing their back-up goaltender.
    WOW. That is a lot of goals by the Canadiens. Is it a sign of things to come or a blip on the radar? Hard to say yet. I was listening to a video and one of the guys said that the Canadiens probably won't make any crazy moves this year and go hard for Tavares if he tests the free agent market.

Is there a line in hockey that is hotter than the Lightning's first line? (the answer is no ) Stamkos and Kucherov are tearing it up. The whole team is scary good.

VGK is having a horrendous bout of goalie injuries. Geez. Fleury should be back in a couple weeks though.

And what got into the Habs. They scored as many goals just in last nights game as they did all season LOL

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Ok...this is getting ridiculous. The Vegas Golden Knights have another injured goalie on their hands. This time around, it's Oscar Dansk. WTF is going on?

WOW, Arizona. You almost blew it. After leading 3-0 in the game, they quickly let the Flyers storm back in, especially with two goals in the last minute of the game. They finally ended up winning the game (sorry, WPP), but WOW!
    The Flyers, save for that comeback stunk most of the night, making the winless Coyotes look like the Penguins. Annoying.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Is there a line in hockey that is hotter than the Lightning's first line? (the answer is no ) Stamkos and Kucherov are tearing it up. The whole team is scary good.

VGK is having a horrendous bout of goalie injuries. Geez. Fleury should be back in a couple weeks though.

And what got into the Habs. They scored as many goals just in last nights game as they did all season LOL
    That entire Lightnings line-up is just scary. When you get a guy like Brayden Point scoring goals and making plays and he's not even the main focus of the team. Nemestnikov is another quiet guy on the Stamkos-Kucherov line that is quietly getting a ton of points.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers, save for that comeback stunk most of the night, making the winless Coyotes look like the Penguins. Annoying.
    Yeah, can't get a read on the Flyers. I can't tell how they'll be this season.

I watched the entire Maple Leafs vs. Sharks game last night and that 3-2 score is very flattering towards the Leafs.

That entire Lightnings line-up is just scary. When you get a guy like Brayden Point scoring goals and making plays and he's not even the main focus of the team. Nemestnikov is another quiet guy on the Stamkos-Kucherov line that is quietly getting a ton of points.
    Right?! That guy isn't even on that line to score. He's supposed to compliment Stamkos and Kucherov, while playing great two way game and winning face offs. So any points you get out of him is a bonus. Must be nice.

Right?! That guy isn't even on that line to score. He's supposed to compliment Stamkos and Kucherov, while playing great two way game and winning face offs. So any points you get out of him is a bonus. Must be nice.
    I look at the abundance of fire power on the Lightning and Toronto Maple Leafs and I wonder how poorly my Oilers are doing. Their right side is abysmal. Their left wing isn't that much better, either. At some point, I keep hoping that Maclellan will wise up and put Milan Lucic on the fourth line and take him completely off any of the power play unit, but he hasn't. I'd much rather have Drake Caggiula or Jussi Jokinen play with RNH and Strome than slow-ass Lucic. That tells you how desperate I am to have Lucic off the line, since Jokinen does not even have a goal.

Damn it sucks that the forwards on the Oilers line-up, with the exception of a few, are absolutely awful.

I look at the abundance of fire power on the Lightning and Toronto Maple Leafs and I wonder how poorly my Oilers are doing.
    Those two teams look like the best two this season. At least, so far. And I don't think it's a fluke either.

Their right side is abysmal. Their left wing isn't that much better, either. At some point, I keep hoping that Maclellan will wise up and put Milan Lucic on the fourth line and take him completely off any of the power play unit, but he hasn't. I'd much rather have Drake Caggiula or Jussi Jokinen play with RNH and Strome than slow-ass Lucic. That tells you how desperate I am to have Lucic off the line, since Jokinen does not even have a goal. Damn it sucks that the forwards on the Oilers line-up, with the exception of a few, are absolutely awful.
    Your Oiler's future is bright though. It may take another 2-3 years, but they're getting there.