Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

YOWZA! We are off to a great start. Both Justin Schultz and Nolan Patrick got some glorious chances within the opening minutes. Man, this series is so damned good.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

4-0 Pens in a flash
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

4-0 Pens in a flash
    Oh my goodness, yes...it did.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

4-0 Pens in a flash
    Yeah, pretty much. Final score, 5-1 Pens.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I don't understand why the Caps started Grubauer over Holtby to start this series, but that experiment better be over. If the Caps want a chance to come back and win this series, they better have Holtby in goal for now on.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I hope the Knights finish the sweep of the Kings tonight. That would be cool. And the Caps HAVE to win tonight. Put Holtby in there and get it done.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I hope the Knights finish the sweep of the Kings tonight. That would be cool. And the Caps HAVE to win tonight. Put Holtby in there and get it done.
    Ask, and you shall receive. Holtby is in net for the Caps as game three is underway from Columbus.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ask, and you shall receive. Holtby is in net for the Caps as game three is underway from Columbus.
    Yep. They had to go to him. And really, they should have started the series with him. That was foolish sitting him on the bench in the playoffs.

Caps just scored the winning goal in double OT. Holtby played great. Now they need to win game 4

I don't understand why the Caps started Grubauer over Holtby to start this series, but that experiment better be over. If the Caps want a chance to come back and win this series, they better have Holtby in goal for now on.
    I'd seen some highlights by Brayden Holtby and man, he looked like he just didn't have it this season. Grubauer, on the other hand, had been playing really strong. The Caps win tonight gives them some life, but I have to say that Columbus looks like they are going to win this series.

Washington actually looks pretty slow compared to the Blue Jackets and Artemi Panarin has been dancing around the Capital players this entire series.

Done and...Vegas with the 1-0 lead. This team just looks like too much for the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yep. WPP, did you see Couturier get a low-hit by Gudas during practice? Looked bad.

I legit feel bad for Glen Gulutzen. I think he was unjustly fired. Mike Smith, who was playing so well when the Flames were in the playoff hunt, but then he got hurt. Sean Monahan basically had his body fall apart and the defence core that was responsible for a large part of the offence for the Flames just didn't have enough fire power to compensate for the lack of forwards scoring.

This year's Flames team under-performed, for sure...but I don't think Gulutzen could have done any more than he did. Maybe Calgary hires Alain Vignault. He's on the market.

WOW! Are you kidding me? Are the Vegas Golden Knights just that good or are the LA Kings just that bad? The Kings didn't even get a goal with their season on the line.

The Vegas juggernaut just keeps on rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I legit feel bad for Glen Gulutzen. I think he was unjustly fired. Mike Smith, who was playing so well when the Flames were in the playoff hunt, but then he got hurt. Sean Monahan basically had his body fall apart and the defence core that was responsible for a large part of the offence for the Flames just didn't have enough fire power to compensate for the lack of forwards scoring.

This year's Flames team under-performed, for sure...but I don't think Gulutzen could have done any more than he did. Maybe Calgary hires Alain Vignault. He's on the market.
    As a Flames fan I'd be ok with that. Gulutzan seems to me to have been a victim of his assistants. Cameron was running the power play which was downright anemic this year.

Glad to see both a Jets and Knights win tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Yep. WPP, did you see Couturier get a low-hit by Gudas during practice? Looked bad.
    I saw that. Couturier looked super angry when it happened, and I don't blame him. This just should not happen, and Gudas should not be skating backwards without looking where he is going. Now, he's out for who knows how long.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    As a Flames fan I'd be ok with that. Gulutzan seems to me to have been a victim of his assistants. Cameron was running the power play which was downright anemic this year.

Glad to see both a Jets and Knights win tonight!
    Agreed. I really do think that the Flames had been victims of injuries at critical times. Smith went down a couple of times when it looked like they were about to pick things up. Kris Versteeg, who had joined the team for basically nothing, had really been clicking on the power play and then got injured. Matthew Tkachuk got injured. Obviously the Monahan injury hurt, too.

I am thinking that the Flames will bounce back next year, if most of the key players are healthy for the entire season.

And yes, it is very nice seeing both the Jets and Golden Knights win. I am looking forward to the Ducks vs. Sharks game tonight

I saw that. Couturier looked super angry when it happened, and I don't blame him. This just should not happen, and Gudas should not be skating backwards without looking where he is going. Now, he's out for who knows how long.
    Yeah, I'd be pissed. WTF was Gudas doing?