Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Your team and mine, boss. Talbot's out. The last game our back-up, Brossoit, played pretty well despite letting in 5. Hope the loss of Crawford isn't a big blow to the Hawks season.
    I hope not. He was playing extremely well. They say he's week to week, so that's good. I just hope Forsberg plays decent enough to give us a chance to win games.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Flyers losing skid hits ten after a 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon. In a word....URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers losing skid hits ten after a 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon. In a word....URGH!
    I think Hakstol better get his resume in order
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It's pretty crazy to think that a team with this many talented veterans are on a 10 game winless streak. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I think Hakstol better get his resume in order
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Just to shake things up.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Flyers embark on a Western Canada swing starting tonight in Calgary, followed by stops in Edmonton on Wednesday and Vancouver the next day. With the franchise winless streak of 12 only two games away, if the team goes 0 for the road trip, Hakstol is toast, plain and simple, take it to the bank. The veterans, kids and everyone inbetween has a hand in the team's current ineptitude, but it's cheaper to ax the coach, and that figures to happen here if the losing continues. Hextall won't have a choice if the team comes home with a 13 game skid.

My Hawks lost again last night. Forsberg has played extremely well filling in for Crow the last two games. He gave up 2 goals in the first game, and 1 goal last night. The problem the Hawks have right now, which has been a recurring theme, is their lack of scoring. Especially on the PP. They went 0-4 last night and missed two empty netters. Not sure how that happens, but it did.

They are now 0 for their last 12 PP's or something like that. It's so frustrating to watch them on the PP. They're like clowns out there. They play better 5x5 strength than the do on the PP. One problem is that Q likes having two defensemen on the ice on the PP. The other problem is that he is still trotting out Keith and Franson on the first PP unit. Franson can't handle the puck very well and it hurts us. There's two things that Q could do to make our PP better:

1. Go with one defensemen, and four forwards. You have more players on the ice who are used to handling the puck this way and can create more scoring chances.
    2. Put Rutta on the first unit. He's our best defensemen and can handle the puck very well.

Q is stubborn and will continue to play this way hoping that it's just a rut they're in. Except, this rut they've been in has been going on for the last 4-5 years. But hey, what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My Hawks lost again last night. Forsberg has played extremely well filling in for Crow the last two games. He gave up 2 goals in the first game, and 1 goal last night. The problem the Hawks have right now, which has been a recurring theme, is their lack of scoring. Especially on the PP. They went 0-4 last night and missed two empty netters. Not sure how that happens, but it did.

They are now 0 for their last 12 PP's or something like that. It's so frustrating to watch them on the PP. They're like clowns out there. They play better 5x5 strength than the do on the PP. One problem is that Q likes having two defensemen on the ice on the PP. The other problem is that he is still trotting out Keith and Franson on the first PP unit. Franson can't handle the puck very well and it hurts us. There's two things that Q could do to make our PP better:

1. Go with one defensemen, and four forwards. You have more players on the ice who are used to handling the puck this way and can create more scoring chances.
    2. Put Rutta on the first unit. He's our best defensemen and can handle the puck very well.

Q is stubborn and will continue to play this way hoping that it's just a rut they're in. Except, this rut they've been in has been going on for the last 4-5 years. But hey, what do I know.
    LOL...sometimes, you just wanna scream "Why is it so obvious to me and not to the guy getting paid to do the job?"

I keep yelling at the screen to get Milan Lucic off that first line with McDavid, but Mclellan keeps throwing him on there, so yeah. What do I know, right?

So it's looking like Seattle might be getting the next NHL team. With how the Calgary Flames are doing and their whole stadium situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up moving.

The Flyers ended their winless skid with a 5-2 win in Calgary last night, staving off the ax for Dave Hakstol, for the time being anyway.

WOW! There were talks about how Russia may have been the favourites to win Olympic gold in Men's Ice Hockey at Pyeongchang...and now, they are banned.

I remember when Alexander Ovechkin was adamant he was going to go represent his country, regardless of what transpired between now and then. Now, he can't, even if the NHL allowed players to go.

Reading the article below makes me wonder what kind of damage Ovechkin could have done if he started playing hockey in the early 90s. very recently passed Mark Recchi for 20th all time in goal scoring. What a monster of a player.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...has-only-begun

Break up the Flyers! They won a second straight game last night, clipping the Oilers 4-2! WHOO!!!

Break up the Flyers! They won a second straight game last night, clipping the Oilers 4-2! WHOO!!!
    I wish I could come in here and say you guys didn't deserve that win, but man...what a stinker. I get that this is a young team and I get that they may have been heaped upon with overwhelming expectations and they are buckling under it, but I saw absolutely nothing to indicate that this team wanted to be in that game.

On top of that, I am consistently pissed as all **** that Mclellan feels compelled to put slow-ass fucking Lucic on the first line. 2-on-1, not only can he not keep up with McDavid, but he also basically shot it right into Elliott. And McDavid, trooper that he is, keeps trying to pass to this guy, hoping he'll break out. McDavid!! For the love of hockey...STOP PASSING THE FUCKING PUCK TO LUCIC!

I can go on and on, but I sincerely hope that the Oilers realize that this season is a write-off. They can play an laid-back style, as long as they accept that the fact that they aren't playing for the playoffs. I have zero problems with that. Next season, players like Letestu, Cammalleri, Maroon and Auvitu are UFA. Strome is RFA. I hope Chiarelli does not make a stupid move this season, in a desperate attempt to try and salvage this season. As a fan, I am ok with waiting. McDavid and Draisaitl can carry this team. Save all the money and give Nurse a good contract. Keep the pieces that work and shed the pieces that don't. Just don't do anything stupid, Chiarelli. Please do not trade for James Neal, because he'll be gone next season. Don't try and get Rick Nash, if it costs you a player like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Don't do anything stupid.

For ****'s sake!

Signed,

An Oilers fan!

Just finished watching the Leafs vs. Flyers game. The Flyers deserved the win, but man...Andersen was absolutely amazing this game.

Now watching: Panthers vs. Hawks. Chicago is just continuously giving up breakaways. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Just finished watching the Leafs vs. Flyers game. The Flyers deserved the win, but man...Andersen was absolutely amazing this game.
    Break up those Flyers! They won four straight! WAHOO!!

Break up those Flyers! They won four straight! WAHOO!!
    I kind of feel bad for you and the Flyers. Philadelphia is in, arguably, the toughest division in the NHL right now. A couple of years ago, that was the Pacific. Now, the Metropolitan division is the one you have to go through in order to prove your worth as a team.