Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    I didn't realize he was making almost $7M a year. It seems high, but he is pretty durable and is usually good for 25-30 goals. Tough call. Honestly, I'm surprised PGH would be willing to part with him if the rumors are true. He seems to fit in really well with Sullivan and the team.
    Whoever gets him is going to instantly be better. Kessel is an elite goal scorer.

A little tardy to the party...

*Ahem*

OMF'NG! VGK for the f'n Final!!!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Here we go!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Golden Knights score.
    3-2 Golden Knights winning early 2nd period in a high scoring game.

3-3 with 7 minutes left in 2nd. This is going to be a great SC final
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Well, the Knights take game 1

That's an insane number of goals for a hockey game. It's like they were using a Chicago typewriter for the shots.

Happy with the result (obvs).

Got a bit too nerve-wracking for me tho. Near that entire second period, Caps had Vegas on the run.

I'm confident the Knights can have this, but it's more than skates that need sharpening.

COYGK.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's an insane number of goals for a hockey game. It's like they were using a Chicago typewriter for the shots.
    Fleury and Holtby are two of the league's better netminders, and they were flat out strafed last night. If game one set the trend for the rest of the series, then we could see an insane number of goals scored before a winner is crowned.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-29-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Lets get weird!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Rumor has it that the Pens are shopping Phil Kessel. Think they will find any suitors? He kind of has a pricey contract at 6.8 through the 21-22 season, at which point he will be 34.
    I'll be honest, I don't see Kessel as a first line winger, due to his lack of work ethics...but if you were to ask me which player adds more to the game, JvR or Phil Kessel, I'd go Phil Kessel every single time. I think JvR will command about $6.5 to $7 million on the open market. Someone will pay him that much (just cuz...), but I think Kessel is worth the money he's making.

I do not see him as a star. If someone were to take about $1.8 million of his cap hit for him to play for the Oilers, I could not say no.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    The Sharks signed Evander Kane to a 7 year, $49M deal

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...-year-49m-deal
    Someone on Twitter was saying how much of an overpay this is for Kane and how someone like Chris Kreider has about the same type of numbers, but CK will never command that much money on the open market. Despite his talent, I've never liked Evander Kane. I think he's more trouble than he is worth. Did he have a great playoffs with the Sharks? Absolutely. Is he statistically that much better than Chris Kreider? No. Is he getting paid more than Chris Kreider? Definitely. Does he add as much value as that of Kreider? No way in Hell.

Given what the Sharks just did, which is not only overpay Kane, but also basically taking themselves out of the John Tavares market. The Sharks are an excellent organization and I can see Kane scoring something close to 40 goals with that team. However, this is too much money for a potential albatross.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I was kind of expecting this kind of a game between the Capitals and Golden Knights. VGK consistently battling back and scoring goals as a quick response to any goals scored on them is no longer a surprise. It's almost expected. I do think the Capitals have a little more fight in them, but I am thinking VGK wins the Cup.

Having said that: go Caps GO!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I would agree with that assessment of the Kane deal.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

The Caps tie it up 1-1. That save by Holtby with 2 minutes left was incredible. That has to be the save of the year. That's why he's an elite goalie.

Does the ice at TMobile usually get that rough and choppy late in the periods? This has been my first chance seeing Vegas at home so I was wondering.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja