Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I can't tell how good New Jersey will be, but man...they beat up on the Sabres tonight. New Jersey scored an amazing player in Marcus Johansson. He will be such a crucial part of Nico Hischier's development.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My Hawks blew a 2 goal lead late in the 3rd. All they had to do was stay out of the box, but noooooo. The score won't reflect it, but Forsberg played great last night. He was stopping everything the Leafs were throwing at him. Two bad defensive plays gave the Leafs two great scoring chances and they cashed in to tie it and send it to OT. Then the Hawks got really sloppy with the puck and gave the Leafs a two on one in OT to win it.

I can't complain too much though. On the road against a very good team, with a backup goalie and we get a point. I'll take it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Geez, what a terrible start to the Hawks game. The Habs score a minute into the game, then the Hawks get called for two penalties and the Habs get a 5 on 3, then 5 on 4, but the Hawks were somehow able to kill them both. Crow was just peppered with shot after shot. It could easily be 3-0 right now. Get it together Hawks!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

After a horrible start, the Hawks scored 2 goals late in the first to take the lead 2-1 going into the 2nd period.

Hawks bounced back and won their game 3-1. The pretty much stifled the Habs after that initial offensive attack. Crow was his normal Crow self and our offense took care of business.

Saad scored another goal in this game, so he now has 5 on the season. He looks like he's never missed a beat playing next to Toews. Hopefully, Schmaltz comes back next game or the one after that and gets the 2nd line going again.

3-0-1 to start the season. Not bad. I'll take that over a 4 game span every time.

That was an awesome intro to the Knights game. Great job LVK! Nice job showing your support for your city and first responders! Very cool!

Awwww, look at that little boy drop the puck. So cute!

Wow, that was an amazing tribute to the people who were tragically killed on 10-1-17. 58 seconds of silence for the 58 people who lost their lives. You could have heard a pin drop in there if someone had. Very sad

You did your city proud tonight LVK
    Last edited by The Whovian; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Here we go! Vegas Golden Knights vs. Arizona Coyotes. Very nice opening ceremony.

Holy crap. Has it been even 10 minutes? It's already 3-0! Good for this Vegas team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Holy crap. Has it been even 10 minutes? It's already 3-0! Good for this Vegas team.
    3 goals in the first 6 minutes!! Raanta is already getting pulled! WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    3 goals in the first 6 minutes!! Raanta is already getting pulled! WOW!
    I thought Arizona would be better this season, given the addition of players like Hjalmarsson and Raanta. A healthy Domi, along with new blood like Clayton Keller. I guess they're still getting used to the new coach.

Then again, maybe Gerard Gallant was every bit the good coach that got Florida into the playoffs and then was fired for trying to coach a team with so many injuries to their star players.

I thought Arizona would be better this season, given the addition of players like Hjalmarsson and Raanta. A healthy Domi, along with new blood like Clayton Keller. I guess they're still getting used to the new coach.

Then again, maybe Gerard Gallant was every bit the good coach that got Florida into the playoffs and then was fired for trying to coach a team with so many injuries to their star players.
    Neal is on fire! I really wonder how long they will be able to ride this wave. For an expansion team to start this way is tremendous!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Neal is on fire! I really wonder how long they will be able to ride this wave. For an expansion team to start this way is tremendous!
    They were also the first expansion team in the NHL to get some really promising players, so it kind of makes sense that they have a pretty solid foundation. Heck, if McPhee was a little dumber, he would have refused all the draft choices and selected players that the other teams would begrudgingly expose due to the limitations set aside by the league.

McPhee, though, has done a pretty smart job of building a team with some players that were expendable, but also got a mess of draft picks that will help this team be competitive going forward.

Not to mention, I think Cody Glass was one of the best picks to come out of the draft last year.

They were also the first expansion team in the NHL to get some really promising players, so it kind of makes sense that they have a pretty solid foundation. Heck, if McPhee was a little dumber, he would have refused all the draft choices and selected players that the other teams would begrudgingly expose due to the limitations set aside by the league.

McPhee, though, has done a pretty smart job of building a team with some players that were expendable, but also got a mess of draft picks that will help this team be competitive going forward.

Not to mention, I think Cody Glass was one of the best picks to come out of the draft last year.
    I think he did a great job too! I mean, they really don't have that great roster partially due to him valuing the draft pick (I don't blame him), which makes their 3-0 start that much more impressive.