Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Those two teams look like the best two this season. At least, so far. And I don't think it's a fluke either.

Your Oiler's future is bright though. It may take another 2-3 years, but they're getting there.
    It seems Chiarelli needs to start making moves right now. I realize that the team could win a Stanley Cup in the next 2-3 years, but you have to ensure your team is building together, not just patches thrown in here and there. If they are trying to be competitive now, they need secondary scoring. This team is basically nothing without the first line of McDavid-Draisaitl-Maroon and now, strangely, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. That is not good enough.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Despite fielding a squad of first and second year blueliners because of injuries to our top defensemen, including a 29-year old rookie called up just the day before, the Flyers turned in one their best games of the young season in a 2-0 win over 10 win St. Louis last night. Even though it seemed like the Blues spent all night in our end of the ice, Michal Nuevirth was strong in net, denying shot after shot when teammates weren't giving themselves up while a second period goal by Brandon Manning (along with a late second empty netter by Claude Giroux) made all the difference.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Despite fielding a squad of first and second year blueliners because of injuries to our top defensemen, including a 29-year old rookie called up just the day before, the Flyers turned in one their best games of the young season in a 2-0 win over 10 win St. Louis last night. Even though it seemed like the Blues spent all night in our end of the ice, Michal Nuevirth was strong in net, denying shot after shot when teammates weren't giving themselves up while a second period goal by Brandon Manning (along with a late second empty netter by Claude Giroux) made all the difference.
    Beating the Blues is pretty impressive this year. However, the Flyers are still very inconsistent. They seem to pull off wins against really tough teams, but then lose to teams that they should win against. It's weird that a team with the strength of the Giroux-Voracek-Couturier, along with Simmonds, is having trouble. Maybe they need more confidence in their goalies? After all, Elliott seems to play really strong one game and then seem to give up some really weak goals the next.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Thanks for helping our Hawks out. We needed a team to knock the Blues down a few pegs. I was able to catch the 3rd period and the Flyers looked really good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Did you guys hear about the 3-way trade betwen Nashville-Ottawa-Colorado involving Matt Duchene, Kyle Turris and maybe Mattias Ekholm that fell through?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Did you guys hear about the 3-way trade betwen Nashville-Ottawa-Colorado involving Matt Duchene, Kyle Turris and maybe Mattias Ekholm that fell through?
    Yeah, I heard about that. I didn't catch the details though.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yeah, I heard about that. I didn't catch the details though.
    Hmm, there seems to be reports that it is close to being done again. From what I had read earlier, it was going to be:

Nashville gets Kyle Turris
    Colorado gets Mattias Ekholm
    Ottawa gets Matt Duchene

It is entirely possible that Nashville nixed the trade because they did not intend on losing Ekholm. From what I am hearing, it has picked up again, with Colorado getting picks, rather than a roster player as part of the trade.

I am very excited for the next couple of days.

My Oilers lost again, this time 4-0 to the Detroit Red Wings.

Oilers fans probably don't want to hear this, but with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins doing pretty well so far, it is a great time to make a trade for a scoring winger. Maybe James Neal or Chris Kreider. With RNH earning $6 million per season and having scored 6 goals so far, his value is probably at it's highest it can be while the Oilers are struggling. Getting a player like Kreider or Neal, and finally putting Draisaitl on the wing may be the move that the Oilers need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    My Oilers lost again, this time 4-0 to the Detroit Red Wings.

Oilers fans probably don't want to hear this, but with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins doing pretty well so far, it is a great time to make a trade for a scoring winger. Maybe James Neal or Chris Kreider. With RNH earning $6 million per season and having scored 6 goals so far, his value is probably at it's highest it can be while the Oilers are struggling. Getting a player like Kreider or Neal, and finally putting Draisaitl on the wing may be the move that the Oilers need right now.
    That's an interesting idea for you Oilers. Some team may want him, even with that contract.

My Hawks lost last night to the Habs, without Price in net. Pretty sad. They couldn't even score one lousy goal. It seems like backup goalies are standing on their heads when they play us. smh

BTW, I meant to post this the other night, but did you guys see that between the legs, no look pass by Crosby on Saturday? Or was it Friday? Anyhow, it was pretty sweet.

Also, it was funny watching that kid squirting players with the water bottle from the Yotes bench as they skated by. LOL

That's an interesting idea for you Oilers. Some team may want him, even with that contract.

My Hawks lost last night to the Habs, without Price in net. Pretty sad. They couldn't even score one lousy goal. It seems like backup goalies are standing on their heads when they play us. smh

BTW, I meant to post this the other night, but did you guys see that between the legs, no look pass by Crosby on Saturday? Or was it Friday? Anyhow, it was pretty sweet.

Also, it was funny watching that kid squirting players with the water bottle from the Yotes bench as they skated by. LOL
    LOL...I don't expect it to happen. Maybe Chiarelli just lets things go as they are and see where this line-up and makes moves, if any, in the off-season.

As far as that touch-pass play by Crosby and co. OH YEAH, I saw it! WOW! I still like the Sergachev-to-Kucherov pass better.

Watched the Golden Knights vs. Leafs match-up tonight and man are the VGK a fast team. A Leafs team with Matthews, Nylander, Marner, JVR, Kadri, Marleau and so many more went up 3-1, but VGK stormed back. That Nate Schmidt is one hell of a fast defenceman.

This team is for real.

Also: would anyone care to slow down Clayton Keller? That kid is basically just scoring on a whim these days. He's just lighting up the league with his goals.

So once again, McDavid and Draisaitl are the ones doing the heavy lifting for the Oilers. This team cannot seem to win without these two players. The Oilers only won because Cam Talbot kept them in the game. He made some key saves, so that the Oilers could make it to overtime.

I honestly did not think that the Blues would even make the playoffs this year, but lo and behold...they are one of the top teams in the entire league.

Also, I know I should not be happy about this, but the Anaheim Ducks experiencing so many injury issues does bring a smile to my face

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watched Buffalo beat Washington 3-1 last night as Robin Lehner stoned the Great 8 and the Caps.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Watching Lightning @ Sharks game. This should be pretty awesome.

I'm dying to watch that one! Hoping to put it on tonight!