Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Flyers are home today for a 4 p.m. matinee against the Islanders. Let's see if the boys can shoot for seven straight losses!
    Did you hear? Fans of the Flyers are calling for Hakstol's job. I honestly don't think the Flyers are as bad as they are playing. I think a coaching change will help. Hell, I am leaning towards the same. I swear, Todd Maclellan just isn't getting it. He keeps the same line combination, despite getting zero results. After a positive game, they came out so flat against one of the worst teams in the NHL.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Did you hear? Fans of the Flyers are calling for Hakstol's job. I honestly don't think the Flyers are as bad as they are playing. I think a coaching change will help. Hell, I am leaning towards the same. I swear, Todd Maclellan just isn't getting it. He keeps the same line combination, despite getting zero results. After a positive game, they came out so flat against one of the worst teams in the NHL.
    And deservedly too. For a second straight game, the Flyers choked away a two goal lead to lose their seventh straight. What pissed me off was that Hakstol had the nerve to say in his post game presser that the team managed three points during that skid. Seriously? Yeah, I agree it’s time for him to go, but I don’t know if Ron Hextall would pull the trigger and ax his first ever coaching hire as a GM. Meanwhile, she mething most definitely needs to be done, because this is pathetic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My Hawks won last night and are playing much better of late. It looks like this team if finally starting to jell. The offense is getting production from every line and the defense is starting to look pretty good. I like that Q is sticking with Rutta and Forsling as a pair. They work great with each other. I just want to see the Hawks go on a long winning streak.

Saad has been tremendous this season. I thought he would boost this offense and he would be revitalized being back in Chicago, and he has. He had 7 SOG in the first period last night. Seven! One went in. And even when he isn't scoring, he is one of the better two way players in the game. This is one of the reasons why they traded Panarin to get him back from Colombus. Panarin is soft on defense.

I'm still amazed at how well the Lightning are playing. This is basically the same team as last year, but Stazny is finally healthy. Hard to believe one guy being healthy can make a difference. But when you're as talented as he is, I can see why. That top line is the best in the NHL. They're unreal.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My Hawks won last night and are playing much better of late. It looks like this team if finally starting to jell. The offense is getting production from every line and the defense is starting to look pretty good. I like that Q is sticking with Rutta and Forsling as a pair. They work great with each other. I just want to see the Hawks go on a long winning streak.

Saad has been tremendous this season. I thought he would boost this offense and he would be revitalized being back in Chicago, and he has. He had 7 SOG in the first period last night. Seven! One went in. And even when he isn't scoring, he is one of the better two way players in the game. This is one of the reasons why they traded Panarin to get him back from Colombus. Panarin is soft on defense.

I'm still amazed at how well the Lightning are playing. This is basically the same team as last year, but Stazny is finally healthy. Hard to believe one guy being healthy can make a difference. But when you're as talented as he is, I can see why. That top line is the best in the NHL. They're unreal.
    The Lightning are actually suffering a little bit of a lapse in firepower. I cannot remember the last time Kucherov got a goal. Their last game against Pittsburgh, not only did they lose 5-2 to the Penguins, but Kucherov got stoned by the Pens' back-up goalie. Amazing save, but Kucherov is pretty automatic on that kind of a chance.

Saad has been a great pick-up and just a stroke of genius on Bowman's part. However, I am trying to figure out what has kept the Hawks from completely dominating a fairly uneven Western Conference. Other than the surprising St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets, the West could conceivably be up for grabs. Yes, the Golden Knights are definitely taking the spots of one of those disappointing teams in the West, but teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Minnesota are all just above average.

Saad has been a great pick-up and just a stroke of genius on Bowman's part. However, I am trying to figure out what has kept the Hawks from completely dominating a fairly uneven Western Conference. Other than the surprising St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets, the West could conceivably be up for grabs. Yes, the Golden Knights are definitely taking the spots of one of those disappointing teams in the West, but teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Minnesota are all just above average.
    You and me both brother. I think Q was tinkering with his lines (like he always does) and is just now rounding them into form. He's finally found his defensive pairings. He broke up Keith and Seabs and now has Keith with Franson (who compliments him very well) and Seabs with Murphy, with Rutta and Forsling our two young good d-men rounding out the last pairing. They're both fast, strong and technically sound. I love those two. They completely shut down the Lightning's top line last week, and continue to do well every night.

I was watching the Oilers/Bruins game yesterday and Chara was really taking it to McDavid. I couldn't believe it. McDavid isn't the first guy to get the Chara treatment, but it was surprising to see McDavid get handled like that. BUT, the Oilers and McDavid got the last laugh with the win. Good for them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You and me both brother. I think Q was tinkering with his lines (like he always does) and is just now rounding them into form. He's finally found his defensive pairings. He broke up Keith and Seabs and now has Keith with Franson (who compliments him very well) and Seabs with Murphy, with Rutta and Forsling our two young good d-men rounding out the last pairing. They're both fast, strong and technically sound. I love those two. They completely shut down the Lightning's top line last week, and continue to do well every night.

I was watching the Oilers/Bruins game yesterday and Chara was really taking it to McDavid. I couldn't believe it. McDavid isn't the first guy to get the Chara treatment, but it was surprising to see McDavid get handled like that. BUT, the Oilers and McDavid got the last laugh with the win. Good for them.
    Don't even get me started on the Oilers. Honestly, I am not sure if I want Maclellan gone or not. I might not know the whole story, but I am consistently befuddled as to why he keeps insisting on pairing Lucic with McDavid. Last night, they decided that all three big-time centres would have their own line, but sure enough...the first line was McDavid-Cammalleri-Lucic. At this point, I'd rather have 5 or 6 different players on McDavid's wing than Milan Lucic.

WTF?! I can't figure it out.

Don't even get me started on the Oilers. Honestly, I am not sure if I want Maclellan gone or not. I might not know the whole story, but I am consistently befuddled as to why he keeps insisting on pairing Lucic with McDavid. Last night, they decided that all three big-time centres would have their own line, but sure enough...the first line was McDavid-Cammalleri-Lucic. At this point, I'd rather have 5 or 6 different players on McDavid's wing than Milan Lucic.

WTF?! I can't figure it out.
    Yeah, that's a head scratcher. I don't get it either

The Flyers are in Pittsburgh tonight. Hell of a place to try and break a seven game winless skid, and they’re down 1-0 after the first period.

After two periods, the Flyers are up 3-1. Now, if the Pens watched tape of the last two games the Flyers played, I’m sure they must be thinking, “We got Philly right where we want them!”

Less than three minutes into the third period, the Pens tied the score. I hate this Flyers team.

After two periods, the Flyers are up 3-1. Now, if the Pens watched tape of the last two games the Flyers played, I’m sure they must be thinking, “We got Philly right where we want them!”
    Turns out I was right. The Pens won 5-4 in overtime. Once again, I hate this Flyers team which hasn’t a fucking clue how to put away a team when they have the lead.

Turns out I was right. The Pens won 5-4 in overtime. Once again, I hate this Flyers team which hasn’t a fucking clue how to put away a team when they have the lead.
    So, here's my take:

-Flyers were truly snake bitten tonight. In the second period alone, they hit 4 posts. They carried the play most of the second half of the second period and did not get the bounces as rewards
    -Flyers stopped playing the high tempo game that I saw in the second period. Looked like the 2 early 3rd period goals really boosted the Penguins
    -I am a little surprised at how the Penguins team that was playing tonight is slumping. I get it, they are missing Malkin, but they looked dangerous

My goodness was this a fun game to watch. I feel bad for you, WPP, as I felt that the Flyers deserved a better fate, but man...if all games were like the one tonight, I would not leave my house after 6 pm.

EDIT: forgot to add, but Brian Elliott played so well tonight, made some amazing saves. Deserved better
    Last edited by Arfguy; 11-27-2017 at 08:14 PM.

So, here's my take:

-Flyers were truly snake bitten tonight. In the second period alone, they hit 4 posts. They carried the play most of the second half of the second period and did not get the bounces as rewards
    -Flyers stopped playing the high tempo game that I saw in the second period. Looked like the 2 early 3rd period goals really boosted the Penguins
    -I am a little surprised at how the Penguins team that was playing tonight is slumping. I get it, they are missing Malkin, but they looked dangerous

My goodness was this a fun game to watch. I feel bad for you, WPP, as I felt that the Flyers deserved a better fate, but man...if all games were like the one tonight, I would not leave my house after 6 pm.

EDIT: forgot to add, but Brian Elliott played so well tonight, made some amazing saves. Deserved better
    Yeah, if it weren't for Elliott, the Flyers might've lost 8-4. That game was damned frustrating.

Hawks trounced the Ducks last night and I loved it. Granted, the Ducks were decimated with injuries. But that's what you do to teams when they're short handed like that.

DeBrincat was awesome. He scored a hat trick and added an apple. He became the second youngest Hawk player ever to score a hat trick. He's 19 and just missed beating JR by four days. If he keeps playing like this, he will win the Calder.

They had all four lines rolling last night like a machine. I love it when the team gets production from all four lines, instead of just one. Last year, they were too dependent on the second line to score.

Tonight is going to be a big game for the Hawks. They play the Preds and they're two points behind them for a playoff spot. I don't normally look at the standings this early in the season, but the Hawks need this game.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Nick Ritchie is one of the dirtiest players in the league. He deliberately slashed Kane in the ankle as they were going to the bench. This is the same scumbag who sucker punched Rozi last year, injuring him and only got 2 games for it. The league needs to send a message and do something about these players. They won't do anything for him slashing Kane last night because it didn't hurt him, but just think if he caught Kane just right and broke a bone in his ankle or something like that. You can guarantee they would suspend Ritchie then. So it's okay as long as no one gets hurt. smh
    Last edited by The Whovian; 11-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.

No rest for the weary and the hapless. The Flyers are home tonight to face the Sharks, one of those Western Conference gang of giants my smallish squad has nothing but trouble with. I see loss number nine in the works.