Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Guys! No joke. The Vegas Golden Knights are for real.

This team is unbelievable. I'd be very curious to see what happens to this team next season (not next year), in case they lose some of the wonderful players they have in their roster due to free agency.

Coming up: The Jets vs. The Oilers!

BTW, fellas...Happy New Year!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yeah, the Knights are definitely for real. Especially when Fleury is in net.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else too!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My wish for 2018....a different fucking left winger for McDavid. I swear, every time I see Lucic on his wing, it makes me want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    My wish for 2018....a different fucking left winger for McDavid. I swear, every time I see Lucic on his wing, it makes me want to cry.
    My wish? That the Hawks would get the Toews from 2010-2015, instead of the current one. And a healthy team going forward.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Just watched the WC and it was good. I wish it was more wintry though. I love it when they have these outside and it snows. But it was still good. And of course the game went to OT. Have I mentioned how much I like the current OT format? It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Just watched the WC and it was good. I wish it was more wintry though. I love it when they have these outside and it snows. But it was still good. And of course the game went to OT. Have I mentioned how much I like the current OT format? It's awesome!
    My country lost and I didn't end up watching it, since I was at work. I'm looking forward to future games. I love the World Junior Championship. It's just really fun hockey.

I was kind of curious to see which team Marchessault would end up with if he hit free agency, but I am glad he's going to get paid in Vegas. That team is lightning in a bottle and all the players are just really buying into the system.

My country lost and I didn't end up watching it, since I was at work. I'm looking forward to future games. I love the World Junior Championship. It's just really fun hockey.

I was kind of curious to see which team Marchessault would end up with if he hit free agency, but I am glad he's going to get paid in Vegas. That team is lightning in a bottle and all the players are just really buying into the system.
    Canada won big time last night. I was happy for them. If the USA can't win, then I always root for Canada

My Hawks lost to the Vegas Knights last night 5-4. I have no idea why Q is so determined to play Glass in net. Mind boggling to me. Don't get me wrong, the Knights are the real deal. One of the fastest teams in the league. But we would have had a better chance to win that game with Forsberg in net. I doubt he gives up 4 goals to them. Our defense played well, but Glass gave up too many easy goals. There's a reason this guy is 32 and just played his first NHL game this year.

I like Q and love everything he's done for this team and organization. But he so stubborn and stuck in his ways. It might be time to move on from him and get someone else in there to coach the team and get a fresh perspective.

Edmonton needs to get rid of their GM and all the AHL wannabe's and give McLellan some players to complement McDavid with. They have no forward depth, their D corps are 5-6 on most teams in the league, and their goalies are average at best. McDavid is awesome, but he can't play all positions on the ice himself.

I'm also sitting here hoping my Flames can pull this one off tonight against Anaheim. That team has been Calgary's kryptonite for way too long.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers tripped up the Blues in an afternoon matinee 6-3 yesterday. A rather humorous, but annoying sequence took place in the third period as, with the Flyers up 5-3, St. Louis pulled their goalie with just under five minutes left in regulation, but the Flyers went Keystone Kops as they missed the empty net numerous times until Sean Couturier salted the game away with fifteen seconds left. But hey, a win is a win is a win.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My Hawks lost to the Vegas Knights last night 5-4. I have no idea why Q is so determined to play Glass in net. Mind boggling to me. Don't get me wrong, the Knights are the real deal. One of the fastest teams in the league. But we would have had a better chance to win that game with Forsberg in net. I doubt he gives up 4 goals to them. Our defense played well, but Glass gave up too many easy goals. There's a reason this guy is 32 and just played his first NHL game this year.

I like Q and love everything he's done for this team and organization. But he so stubborn and stuck in his ways. It might be time to move on from him and get someone else in there to coach the team and get a fresh perspective.
    LOL. Your team just dusted mine, winning 4-1, boss! Maybe they'll eek into the playoffs, yet

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Edmonton needs to get rid of their GM and all the AHL wannabe's and give McLellan some players to complement McDavid with. They have no forward depth, their D corps are 5-6 on most teams in the league, and their goalies are average at best. McDavid is awesome, but he can't play all positions on the ice himself.
    The problem is, they keep insisting on using Lucic. There are a lot of controversial moves Chiarelli made, but the one that pisses me off the most is giving $6 million to the utterly useless Milan Lucic. This guy can't skate, shoot or make plays. He hasn't gone out and body checked the lights of the opposition that I would consider him an integral part of the team. He can't kill penalties, nor is he effective at all on the power play. I keep hoping some idiot GM will come around asking for Lucic, but he's also got some complex no-movement clause in his contract, so I doubt he's going anywhere. Next season, when McDavid's contract kicks in, I feel that Chiarelli will be forced to trade Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I have been down on RNH in the past, but I think this season he has shown that he has grown tremendously as a player. At this point, he is a keeper, but he's got no bells-and-whistles in his contract, so he is definitely tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I'm also sitting here hoping my Flames can pull this one off tonight against Anaheim. That team has been Calgary's kryptonite for way too long.
    Unlike other Oilers fans, I actually think very highly of the Flames. I did enjoy the win they got against the Ducks. Also, they did not concede that additional point to the Ducks by going to overtime. I think that Jankowski kid is definitely going to be a revelation in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers tripped up the Blues in an afternoon matinee 6-3 yesterday. A rather humorous, but annoying sequence took place in the third period as, with the Flyers up 5-3, St. Louis pulled their goalie with just under five minutes left in regulation, but the Flyers went Keystone Kops as they missed the empty net numerous times until Sean Couturier salted the game away with fifteen seconds left. But hey, a win is a win is a win.
    They beat the Sabres, too. I do feel for the Flyers, since they are in the toughest division in the League.

LOL. Your team just dusted mine, winning 4-1, boss! Maybe they'll eek into the playoffs, yet
    Because Q finally put Forsberg in net. He gave up the one soft goal, but otherwise played really well. Glass is horrible, yet Q kept playing him. If the Hawks want to make the playoffs, they need to keep Forsberg in net.

Right now, the Hawks are 1 point out of the 2nd WC spot, so they need to string some wins together. A nice 5-6 game win streak would be nice. Especially playing their division rivals this week.

Because Q finally put Forsberg in net. He gave up the one soft goal, but otherwise played really well. Glass is horrible, yet Q kept playing him. If the Hawks want to make the playoffs, they need to keep Forsberg in net.

Right now, the Hawks are 1 point out of the 2nd WC spot, so they need to string some wins together. A nice 5-6 game win streak would be nice. Especially playing their division rivals this week.
    I dunno...the couple of games I saw Glass play, he made some pretty good saves. Granted, I only watched the game against Edmonton where he won, but the highlights I saw from the other games, he looked pretty good.

Also, don't be fooled by what the Oilers did against Forsberg. Edmonton is absolutely listless this season. They've scored like 3 goals in the last 4 games. Their offence is about as anemic as it gets.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They beat the Sabres, too. I do feel for the Flyers, since they are in the toughest division in the League.
    That they are, though I think today’s win took them out of the division basement. Currently watching the Penguins putting a 3-1 first period hurting on Boston.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!