Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I had no idea that Eichel was that fast. He had the third fastest time after McDavid and Point. Eichel was having a lot of fun at the All-Star Game. I really do wish that kid would be lucky enough to have a better team built around him. He's basically got everything. Great hands, a great shot, really great vision and now, after the ASG, clearly great speed.

How about the Brockstar? ASG MVP!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jagr is heading home to Kladno after clearing waivers

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...czech-republic
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Jagr is heading home to Kladno after clearing waivers

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...czech-republic
    I'm happy for him in that he gets to go home, but I'm sad to see him go. I really wanted to see him in a Hawks uni before he retired from the NHL.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I was hoping he would hit 2 000pts, he's only 79 away, but injuries this year and now this, looks like it won't happen

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm happy for him in that he gets to go home, but I'm sad to see him go. I really wanted to see him in a Hawks uni before he retired from the NHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    I was hoping he would hit 2 000pts, he's only 79 away, but injuries this year and now this, looks like it won't happen
    Imagine if he played those 3 seasons during his 30s instead of going to the KHL.

So...umm...Mike Fisher un-retiring to play for the 2017-2018 NHL stretch run?

WOW...the Leafs absolutely destroyed the New York Islanders. I swear, the Islanders put in about as much effort into this game as most of the Oilers games this season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers returned from the All-Star break last night by scoring two quick first period goals in Washington. Then, the Caps scored the next five over two periods in a 5-3 for the Orange and Black.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Do you guys think Jagr is on the same tier as Mario and Gretzky? I think he is one of the greatest players to ever play, but he is still a level below them.

Do you guys think of him as a Penguin? I mean, he played for Pittsburgh the longest and achieved the most with that team, but he left along time ago and played for 8 other teams since then (including the Flyers). He also didn't leave the Penguins on good terms, and was often booed every time he touched the puck when he returned to play games in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers returned from the All-Star break last night by scoring two quick first period goals in Washington. Then, the Caps scored the next five over two periods in a 5-3 for the Orange and Black.
    That was a crazy game. The Flyers came out in the 3rd and were flying all over the ice and completely dominating the Caps. They had so many great scoring chances, but couldn't quite net one. Then all of a sudden, the Caps scored 3 quick goals and that was it. All of the momentum swung to the Caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think Jagr is on the same tier as Mario and Gretzky? I think he is one of the greatest players to ever play, but he is still a level below them.

Do you guys think of him as a Penguin? I mean, he played for Pittsburgh the longest and achieved the most with that team, but he left along time ago and played for 8 other teams since then (including the Flyers). He also didn't leave the Penguins on good terms, and was often booed every time he touched the puck when he returned to play games in Pittsburgh.
    I will always remember Jagr as a Pens player. I grew up watching him and Mario play side by side. Those two guys are what got me into hockey. And yes, I believe Jagr is on the same tier level as Mario and Gretzky. He's not quite as good as those two, but he's on their level.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yeah, I think of him as a Pen.

Well, my Hawks lost again last night to a team they just can't afford to--Vancouver. At this point, I'm just enjoying games by watching the young guys play. Guys like Schmaltz, DeBrincat and Hinostroza.

Those three are playing exceptionally well this season and just a lot of fun to watch. Schmaltz looked like he was shot out of a cannon last night when he raced down the ice and scored an amazing goal (almost McDavid like). And Debrincat snapped off a great shot for a goal. This kid is going to be something special. You can see some Kaner in his game.

And Vinnie Hinostroza, and that whole fourth line, have been so good. They're dominating the opposing team's d-men night after night. It has to be one of the best fourth lines in hockey this year.

I'm just so disappointed in this team. And Q as well. If it were anyone else, I would be calling for him to be fired. But with everything he's done for the Hawks, I've been giving him a pass. Not sure how much more of this I can take though. For example, last night we were down just 3-2 with about 4 minutes left to play. Still time to tie up the game in the next 2 minutes and if not, we pull our goalie and go all out with six men. What does Q do? He leaves Seabs (our worst d-man on the team) for the next two and a half minutes on the ice and of course, he gets beat badly, and they score another goal, putting them up 4-2, essentially sealing the win. WHY? Why would you put your worst d-man on the ice in the most critical of situations, when you know you can't afford any mistakes to even have a chance?

The worst part of it is that when I saw Seabs on the ice, I was screaming at the TV to get him off and put someone else in, just for this reason. About 2 minutes later, Vancouver scores and just what I feared would happen, happened. Seabs just acts like he doesn't even care anymore. He looks like he's playing with no effort and is lost and out of place on almost every time he's on the ice. At this point, Bowman HAS to trade him this off season, even if we have to give some picks or a couple or add a decent player in the trade to the team taking him. No one great, but is young and has some potential. Someone like Hayden.

In other news, I saw part of the Oilers game and that save by Montoya was amazing! Unreal. I saw it and said "WOW, what a save! And my wife turned around and watched the replay and said the same thing.

Last night was my very first time watching the Vegas Golden Knights. However, they came up short, losing in Minnesota 5-2.

Personally, I'd put him on the same level as Wayne Gretzky, but I see Mario Lemieux as the best to ever play the game. IMHO, I feel that you could put Mario Lemieux in any era of hockey and he would be the best. He was a natural. He was born to play hockey and he was born different. Better. I have yet to look at another hockey player and say "Yeah...this guy is better than Lemieux."

As far as how I think of Jagr? Well, my first impression of Jagr was game four of the 1991-1992 Stanley Cup playoffs. Honestly, I did not notice him as much as a couple of really great saves by Ed Belfour and then Dominik Hasek coming in relief and putting on an amazing performance. The years after...well, that's when I really got to see what Jagr was capable of. So I think of him as a Penguin.

Well, my Hawks lost again last night to a team they just can't afford to--Vancouver. At this point, I'm just enjoying games by watching the young guys play. Guys like Schmaltz, DeBrincat and Hinostroza.

Those three are playing exceptionally well this season and just a lot of fun to watch. Schmaltz looked like he was shot out of a cannon last night when he raced down the ice and scored an amazing goal (almost McDavid like). And Debrincat snapped off a great shot for a goal. This kid is going to be something special. You can see some Kaner in his game.

And Vinnie Hinostroza, and that whole fourth line, have been so good. They're dominating the opposing team's d-men night after night. It has to be one of the best fourth lines in hockey this year.

I'm just so disappointed in this team. And Q as well. If it were anyone else, I would be calling for him to be fired. But with everything he's done for the Hawks, I've been giving him a pass. Not sure how much more of this I can take though. For example, last night we were down just 3-2 with about 4 minutes left to play. Still time to tie up the game in the next 2 minutes and if not, we pull our goalie and go all out with six men. What does Q do? He leaves Seabs (our worst d-man on the team) for the next two and a half minutes on the ice and of course, he gets beat badly, and they score another goal, putting them up 4-2, essentially sealing the win. WHY? Why would you put your worst d-man on the ice in the most critical of situations, when you know you can't afford any mistakes to even have a chance?

The worst part of it is that when I saw Seabs on the ice, I was screaming at the TV to get him off and put someone else in, just for this reason. About 2 minutes later, Vancouver scores and just what I feared would happen, happened. Seabs just acts like he doesn't even care anymore. He looks like he's playing with no effort and is lost and out of place on almost every time he's on the ice. At this point, Bowman HAS to trade him this off season, even if we have to give some picks or a couple or add a decent player in the trade to the team taking him. No one great, but is young and has some potential. Someone like Hayden.

In other news, I saw part of the Oilers game and that save by Montoya was amazing! Unreal. I saw it and said "WOW, what a save! And my wife turned around and watched the replay and said the same thing.
    Yeah, saw that goal by Schmaltz. Basically confirming what I have been thinking for a long time: if there wasn't a cap issue, Chicago would be the most dominant hockey team in the last 10 years. They draft very well and they cultivate their players very well. When you consider that players like DeBrincat, Schmaltz and Hartman were drafted...yeah, they'd be a much better organization if they got to hold on to some of the other players they had to let go over the years.

I haven't seen as many Hawks games this year, so I can't really comment on Seabrook's performance. However, the things you're seeing is never a good sign. When a player is earning like $7 million per year and looks like he doesn't give a damn, well that is not good to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last night was my very first time watching the Vegas Golden Knights. However, they came up short, losing in Minnesota 5-2.
    Vegas is usually much better than what they presented against the Wild. I think you caught a game on a rare off-night.

My Flames pulled out an OT win vs the Hawks tonight. I was really worried about this one. Even though Chicago is getting older, they're not the kind of team you want to spot two goals to.

The Flyers fought back from a third period 3-1 deficit against Ottawa, only to lose 4-3 in the shootout, something my squad has never been all that successful at.