Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Vegas is usually much better than what they presented against the Wild. I think you caught a game on a rare off-night.
    Yep. VGK have been outstanding all year. That was just a bad game by them. If yu watch them over the whole season you can see just how good they are and it's not a fluke. As long as Fleury stays healthy, they'll go far in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    My Flames pulled out an OT win vs the Hawks tonight. I was really worried about this one. Even though Chicago is getting older, they're not the kind of team you want to spot two goals to.
    That game was the epitome of the Hawks' season. Up two goals and they blow it. Did you notice that Seabrook was on the ice for both of those goals to tie the game? He was so slow getting back on the breakaway goal, it was like he was daydreaming. Hey Seabrook, you're the last line of defense. You don't stand in the neutral zone and watch the game like you're a fan sitting in the seats. This guy is just driving me nuts every game. And Q just keeps playing him. Hey Q, if you're going to play Seabs, then you're obviously not trying to win games or get into the last WC spot. And if that's the case, then you should be nailing Seabs' butt to the bench and let some of the young kids play. Freaking ridiculous.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That game was the epitome of the Hawks' season. Up two goals and they blow it. Did you notice that Seabrook was on the ice for both of those goals to tie the game? He was so slow getting back on the breakaway goal, it was like he was daydreaming. Hey Seabrook, you're the last line of defense. You don't stand in the neutral zone and watch the game like you're a fan sitting in the seats. This guy is just driving me nuts every game. And Q just keeps playing him. Hey Q, if you're going to play Seabs, then you're obviously not trying to win games or get into the last WC spot. And if that's the case, then you should be nailing Seabs' butt to the bench and let some of the young kids play. Freaking ridiculous.
    That kind of frustration very much sounds familiar. I feel for ya, bud. I really do.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Flames are one of the better teams in the league for 3 on 3 overtime too. You almost have to play for the shootout rather than the win against Calgary in extra time, especially with a lot of the speed and skill that they can put on the ice. With that extra space they just plain excel.

The Flames are one of the better teams in the league for 3 on 3 overtime too. You almost have to play for the shootout rather than the win against Calgary in extra time, especially with a lot of the speed and skill that they can put on the ice. With that extra space they just plain excel.
    Especially with Sean Monahan basically being clutch when it comes to game-winners. He's got the most in Flames history, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Especially with Sean Monahan basically being clutch when it comes to game-winners. He's got the most in Flames history, right?
    I believe he does, tied for first among active players in the league too.

Wow, McDavid went off last night scoring 4 goals. Had 5 points on the night.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wow, McDavid went off last night scoring 4 goals. Had 5 points on the night.
    Yeah, he had a great night. With the current Oilers line-up, he needs to keep shooting...as I don't think there's help coming anytime soon.

Sorry Arfguy, that's two in a row for the Flames over the Hawks, with Monahan getting the winner in both.

Fleury returned to Pittsburgh the the 1st time as a member of the Golden Knights. He received his ring from Mario, and received a standing ovation from the crowd during a video tribute to him.

Pens won 5-4

Sorry Arfguy, that's two in a row for the Flames over the Hawks, with Monahan getting the winner in both.
    If the Flames make the playoffs, I'm cool with that. The Oilers lost today. Not only did they not help themselves, but they also didn't help the Flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Fleury returned to Pittsburgh the the 1st time as a member of the Golden Knights. He received his ring from Mario, and received a standing ovation from the crowd during a video tribute to him.

Pens won 5-4
    That was one crazy game. Could not believe the back-and-forth that game. All the stars came out to play that night.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Rangers were taken behind the woodshed and whacked real good on MSG ice by Boston 6-1 last night. Henrik Lundqvist started in goal, but was yanked halfway through the second period after having given up four goals on sixteen shots. And yeah, it was as bad as it looked for the Blueshirts.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Rangers were taken behind the woodshed and whacked real good on MSG ice by Boston 6-1 last night. Henrik Lundqvist started in goal, but was yanked halfway through the second period after having given up four goals on sixteen shots. And yeah, it was as bad as it looked for the Blueshirts.
    I wonder how long King Henry has left.

I wonder how long King Henry has left.
    Given his age, probably not too long, which is too bad as he's been the cornerstone of that franchise for years, and I don't think they have a replacement lined up.

I'm also stoked about what happened in the Pacific division tonight. Flames win(Monahan with his third game winner in a row), and the Sharks lose to Vegas. I'm going to bed a happy fan.

Given his age, probably not too long, which is too bad as he's been the cornerstone of that franchise for years, and I don't think they have a replacement lined up.

I'm also stoked about what happened in the Pacific division tonight. Flames win(Monahan with his third game winner in a row), and the Sharks lose to Vegas. I'm going to bed a happy fan.
    I heard on the radio that the Rangers are pretty much giving up on the season, they plan on selling off players at the deadline, and are asking the fans to bear with them. I wonder if they are going to completely rebuild.

I heard on the radio that the Rangers are pretty much giving up on the season, they plan on selling off players at the deadline, and are asking the fans to bear with them. I wonder if they are going to completely rebuild.
    I heard that too. I wish the Hawks could convince a team to take Seabrook. But that's just me dreaming.