Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So, my Hawks lost again last night. They are now 8 games back of the last WC spot, with three tams to jump. I don't care how much spin Q and Stan put on it, this season is over and very disappointing.

Q can't seem to figure out which players he likes on which lines. Every night there's a different player or two on each line, so they can't get in sync or rhythm together. And I honestly can't understand why Q keeps giving Glass starts in net (he didn't play last night but I bet he does tomorrow night). He's a 31 year old journeyman who is average at best. You have a young goalie in Forsberg, with potential, but you're not going to know what you have in him if you don't give him the majority of the starts. Glass should be only be starting when the Hawks play back to backs. That's IT.

And what really ticked me off last night was when Q had Seabs running the PP at the top. I mean, seriously? You're going to put your worst d-man on the PP unit? The only thing I can think of is that Q is trying to lose without making it obvious, just so they can get a good draft pick.

I am looking forward to Sikura joining the team for the last month and a half or so. Kid looks like he's going to be a very good player for us.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What else can be said, bud? I go through this every game with my Oilers. Sure enough, down a goal against LA, the Oilers pull Talbot when they don't even have possession deep in the zone and the slowest guys playing the back end (that being Klefbom and Lucic).

Honestly, I don't know what happened to Oscar Klefbom this year, but he looks awful. Now I'm hearing some rumours that the Oilers might want to try and sign Patrick Maroon before he hits UFA. Honestly, I really like Maroon on this team. I like him so much more than Milan Lucic, but I just know if they re-sign him, they'll give him too much money. At most, Maroon is a $2.5 million/season player. At most. I'm sure if they re-sign him, they'll give him like $4 or $5 million. I just don't know what the thinking is, if they sign Maroon. The Oilers look slow, so instead of maybe looking for younger and faster player, they'll try and re-sign a guy who is slow?

The Oilers are a frustrating organization.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    What else can be said, bud? I go through this every game with my Oilers. Sure enough, down a goal against LA, the Oilers pull Talbot when they don't even have possession deep in the zone and the slowest guys playing the back end (that being Klefbom and Lucic).

Honestly, I don't know what happened to Oscar Klefbom this year, but he looks awful. Now I'm hearing some rumours that the Oilers might want to try and sign Patrick Maroon before he hits UFA. Honestly, I really like Maroon on this team. I like him so much more than Milan Lucic, but I just know if they re-sign him, they'll give him too much money. At most, Maroon is a $2.5 million/season player. At most. I'm sure if they re-sign him, they'll give him like $4 or $5 million. I just don't know what the thinking is, if they sign Maroon. The Oilers look slow, so instead of maybe looking for younger and faster player, they'll try and re-sign a guy who is slow?

The Oilers are a frustrating organization.
    Hang in there. It took a long time for the Hawks to finally put it all together and start winning. I really shouldn't be whining. It's hard to win in the salary cap era and I've been fortunate as a Hawks fan to see them win it three times since 2010.

I think your Oilers are on the right track. But they're going to need to start making some good decisions.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hang in there. It took a long time for the Hawks to finally put it all together and start winning. I really shouldn't be whining. It's hard to win in the salary cap era and I've been fortunate as a Hawks fan to see them win it three times since 2010.

I think your Oilers are on the right track. But they're going to need to start making some good decisions.
    LOL...yeah, some major good decisions.

I really think we need to look at our defence core. They are just not good this year...with the exception of Darnell Nurse. So obviously, he'll be terrible next year

Did you guys hear about that epic New York Islanders comeback with a 5 minute powerplay? WOW! Frikkin' Matt Barzal had himself another 5 points night.

LOL...yeah, some major good decisions.

I really think we need to look at our defence core. They are just not good this year...with the exception of Darnell Nurse. So obviously, he'll be terrible next year

Did you guys hear about that epic New York Islanders comeback with a 5 minute powerplay? WOW! Frikkin' Matt Barzal had himself another 5 points night.
    Yeah, I saw the highlights. That was insane!

Who do you guys got for the rookie race? It's a two-horse race between Matt "3x5-points" Barzal Brock "The Brockstar" Boeser!

Congrats to Crosby on notching his 400th career goal last night. Only the two greats (Jagr and Lemieux) are higher on the Pens list. Do you guys think Crosby will eventually take the #1 spot from Lemieux? He needs 291 more to get there.

I don't think he does. He's 30 years old and he's averaged 45 goals over his last three years, but he only has 18 this year. He would have to average 40 goals over the next seven years (assuming he plays for another seven years). I don't think he can do that.

Who do you guys got for the rookie race? It's a two-horse race between Matt "3x5-points" Barzal Brock "The Brockstar" Boeser!
    I think McAvoy and DeBrincat should get some votes, but I think Barzal wins it.

I think McAvoy and DeBrincat should get some votes, but I think Barzal wins it.
    DeBrincat is having an amazing season, true enough. McAvoy may be overlooked since 1) he's a defenceman and 2) he is, at best, the 3rd Boston Bruin who is doing amazing. I do think Barzal will end up winning it, too.

Man, I just got done watching the Detroit vs. Washington game. This is the kind of game that will make people hockey fans. A ton of scoring, a lot of highlight reel type goals, plenty of attack-and-counter-attack and exciting finish. Great hockey game. Oh yeah, my boy Ovi is now 9 goals away from reaching 600!

Oh yeah, my boy Ovi is now 9 goals away from reaching 600!
    Ovi is amazing. Dude is going to end up with over 700

Last edited by The Whovian; 02-11-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Flyers are in Vegas for the first time to play the Golden Knights. Flyers fans made the trip too, when Sean Couturier tied the score with a couple minutes left in the first period, I’d swear the roar was as loud as when the Knights opened the scoring ten minutes earlier. Philly’s announcers said the same as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Adjusted for era he just might be the best pure goal scorer the league has ever seen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Flyers handled the Golden Knights, 4-1, highlighted by two goals in the last three minutes of the second period. Michal Nuevirth was solid in goal, and he'll be in net for awhile after Brian Elliott hurt himself during Saturday's win in Arizona.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats to Crosby on notching his 400th career goal last night. Only the two greats (Jagr and Lemieux) are higher on the Pens list. Do you guys think Crosby will eventually take the #1 spot from Lemieux? He needs 291 more to get there.

I don't think he does. He's 30 years old and he's averaged 45 goals over his last three years, but he only has 18 this year. He would have to average 40 goals over the next seven years (assuming he plays for another seven years). I don't think he can do that.
    If he's only 30 right now...I could see him being able to get another 250 over the next 5 or 6 seasons, provided he remains healthy. Crosby is one of the best hockey players in the world. I would have zero hesitation to put him top 5 all-time (oh yeah, I went there!), but he's been marred by injuries. One has to wonder what he could have accomplished if he did had always been healthy.

He does not play with the same kind of passion as when he entered the league, but this guy is my hero. Nice guy and a class act, if you ask me. Big bodied guy who has played a clean game for years, has one of the best shots. I so wish this guy can get a swig from the Stanley Cup before he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Adjusted for era he just might be the best pure goal scorer the league has ever seen.
    He plays in an era where goals are hard to come by. I gotta say...everything Ovi has accomplished throughout his career is the essence of pure goal scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers handled the Golden Knights, 4-1, highlighted by two goals in the last three minutes of the second period. Michal Nuevirth was solid in goal, and he'll be in net for awhile after Brian Elliott hurt himself during Saturday's win in Arizona.
    Bud, don't want to jump up and down too early, but I see your boys are in the playoff picture. Well done. This team is doing pretty good, if you ask me.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Holy cow do my Rangers look bad... even when they win, they do it ugly... at this point I'd surprised if they even make the playoffs... I'm sure a trade is coming... and since its the Rangers, I'm sure they'll swap a future first team all star for a fossil whose best years are five years behind him.