Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

How do you guys think Henrik Lundqvist will be remembered if he doesn't win a cup? I have seen a lot of people draw comparisons to Dan Marino in the NFL. I mean, in my eyes, Henrik was one of the best (if not the best) goalies in the NHL for his entire career, yet hasn't won a cup.

Edit: I cannot spell Swedish names...

Unfortunately, I had an overnight shift last night, so I only got to watch the first period of the Oilers vs. Flames game. I saw McDavid flying around and get the first goal. However, you gotta love modern technology. I recorded the whole thing, avoided checking scores and turned off alerts and after waking up today, caught up on the game.

WOW! The NHL is back, people! The NHL is back. With all the great players around, you would have thought it has been done, but: last night's season opening hat trick is the first time an Oiler has scored a hat trick on a season opener at home. It is pretty cool that it is Connor McDavid that is the one to do it.

There are so many things running through my mind that I want to express. Not only am I so excited that the NHL is back and this upcoming season is full of anticipation, but I really think we are on the cusp of witnessing some historical things in the modern era NHL.

Think about it: prior to last season, a rookie had never scored 4 goals in their debut. Think about that. Auston Matthews, a player coming from about as unlikely a place like Arizona where the hockey market is almost non-existent, comes in and does just that. The Pittsburgh Penguins are trying to become the first team in almost 4 decades to win the league championship three years in a row. Now, with history having players as great as Mark Messier, Jari Kurri and obviously the Great One, Wayne Gretzky...never has an Oiler opened at home and scored a hat trick.

I am having trouble formulating all my thoughts to continue posting. I'm going to end it here for now before I make an ass of myself or something
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you have Directv, you get NHL Center Ice for free for a week. Channels 769-787. It's the first time Directv has offered this, so if I like it, I may buy it for the whole season.
    If you really enjoy watching hockey Center Ice is great.

Still bothers me that Andreas Athanasiou is not signed.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What a sick pass by Kane to Hartman. 1-0 Hawks

*edit* make that 2-0 Hawks. Saad scores on a two on one!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hawks just scored again! Schmaltz on a pass by Kane 3-0! Come on Hawks. Pour it on!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

WOW!! Saad just scored again!!! 4-0 Hawks and we're still in the first period!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Bye bye Niemi. Come on down Murray. LOL!!

Holy crap! I am watching the game, Whovian...and WOW. The 'Hawks look hungry!

I am loving this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Holy crap! I am watching the game, Whovian...and WOW. The 'Hawks look hungry!

I am loving this game.
    It's awesome baby!!! The Hawks were a slow team last year, but this year they look so much faster. They are flying up and down the ice!!

Saad looks like he hasn't missed a beat playing with Toews and almost had a hat trick.

Sharpy just scored on a great pass by Anisimov!! 5-0 Hawks

What a first period for the Hawks! 21 SOG's for the Hawks to 12 for the Pens. Just incredible start for the Hawks to open the season. And the Hawks start the 2nd period on a PP. Weeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sharpy just scored on a great pass by Anisimov!! 5-0 Hawks
    This is getting embarrassing, eh?

Talk about Stan Bowman looking genius. Saad with 2 goals in the first period.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    This is getting embarrassing, eh?

Talk about Stan Bowman looking genius. Saad with 2 goals in the first period.
    Bowman hits more home runs than he strikes out. For every bad trade or signing, he makes 3-4 great trades or moves. When I first heard about the Saad/Panarin trade I was super ticked. Breadman was such a joy to watch and really made that 2nd line with Kane and Anisimov jell together.

But the more I thought about it, I actually loved the trade. Saad is still only 24. He's under contract for more years than Panarin. And Panarin will get more than the 6AAV that Saad is making. PLUS, we got our solid backup in the trade as well in Forsberg.

And since DeBrincat made the team off a strong camp and preseason, he basically takes over Panarin's role on the 2nd line with Kane and now Schmaltz, who is looking like he's taking the next step in his game. I heard he worked out with Kane in the off season and they really seemed to mesh.

Now, instead of having one dangerous line, we have three very good lines with the additions of Saad, DeBrincat and Sharpy. I'm loving it.

So we have a 5-0 lead and the one thing you don't want to do is go to the box. What happens? Toews commits a dumb penalty, then Rutta does too about 10 seconds later and with a 4 on 3 PP, the Pens score. Of course.

Kaner just scored on a majestic backhand to get it right back!! 6-1 Hawks!!