Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Legacy Characters Missing from Generations?

Can you guys think of any other Marvel characters that could have been used for Generations?

I think Deadpool/Gwenpool could've been fun. Nadia/Wasp comes to mind as well, and of the rest of the original five X-Men, Cyclops meeting a 90's version of himself would've been very interesting.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Just for kicks they could've done an Old Man Logan teaming up with past-Wolverine in Generations. That could've been an interesting scenario, twice the Wolverine but ten times the brutal violence!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Would have loved Logan and Old Man Logan together. And to counter that having Laura's Wolverine encounter her past self as X-23.

I know Sam and Richard's Nova meeting up was originally on the cards from promo art.

I was going to say Sam and Nova as well.

Also, for this legacy promo aren't a few characters being left out? Im thinking the likes of Black Knight, Moon Knight, and possibly a few others who have their mantels passed down for generations. I was/am hoping we some of them in this "event" as well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

They kinda gave up on Nadia and Sam.

I mean they are still there, somewhat prominent, but just not like how thye first started out. Not like the rest.

No Black Panther...??? The nature of the role is something that is passed on. It would be cool if there was a gifted young tribal warrior T'challa might consider and groom just 8n case there is no heir to the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    No Black Panther...??? The nature of the role is something that is passed on. It would be cool if there was a gifted young tribal warrior T'challa might consider and groom just 8n case there is no heir to the throne.
    He's getting featured in the BC storyline. Marvel Probably didn't want to cross streams with that for fear of messing up the continuity of that story.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Human Torch! Marvel's very FIRST legacy, since Johnny Storm is a silver age legacy to the golden age Jim Hammond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Just for kicks they could've done an Old Man Logan teaming up with past-Wolverine in Generations. That could've been an interesting scenario, twice the Wolverine but ten times the brutal violence!
    More like Paradox City; since the OML version of Wolverine did come from an alternate reality/timeline from the 616 version of (the late) Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I know Sam and Richard's Nova meeting up was originally on the cards from promo art.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I was going to say Sam and Nova as well.

Also, for this legacy promo aren't a few characters being left out? Im thinking the likes of Black Knight, Moon Knight, and possibly a few others who have their mantels passed down for generations. I was/am hoping we some of them in this "event" as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

I mean they are still there, somewhat prominent, but just not like how thye first started out. Not like the rest.
    ......Such as shame with the Sam/Richard Nova connection was removed (by the editors, no doubt) for the GENERATION Miniseries; especially since Rich (and his former NW Teammates) underwent a similar experience (thanks to the Male version of the Sphinx) during the TIME & TIME AGAIN Storyline/Crossover with the {very first} NEW WARRIORS, NIGHT THRASHER & NOVA Series.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Nadia's real problem is they basically were determined to have Hope Van Dyne in the 616 comics and had to come up with something in my opinion pretty cliched to make it work what with the fact she is the child of Maria Pym but elects to go with the Van Dyne name for reasons, plus people immediately realized her name was Russian for Hope. It was a Marcus Johnson level situation of trying to force something from the movies in, which given the fact I think Janet is a great character who doesn't need to be replaced by a 'daughter' anytime soon was unneeded. That's just me though.

Watch Red Widow with Natasha's Black Widow be the next one over in Tales of Suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'd love to see a team-up between the WWII Black Panther (Azzuri) in his prime and modern-day T'Challa.
    For that matter, Golden Age Miss America meeting a modern-day America Chavez would also be an interesting contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd love to see a team-up between the WWII Black Panther (Azzuri) in his prime and modern-day T'Challa.
    For that matter, Golden Age Miss America meeting a modern-day America Chavez would also be an interesting contrast.
    Yes, that is a story/legacy that could be mined well while avoiding continuity issues.

Sam and Nova were originally in the first few ads for Generations and then they abandoned it. We got a 7 issue series prior to Generations, but no Generations one-shot.

Having a Johnny, Danny and Robbie Ghost Riders one-shot would've been cool. Maybe even more past Ghost Riders too.

Seeing Iron Fist and Orson Randall team up again would've been amazing, or even an Iron Fist of old.

T'Challa and T'Chaka could've been something too. Or maybe a previous Black Panther.

Namor and his mother Princess Fen or King Thakorr. Would be cool seeing how they ruled Atlantis compared to Namor.

Moon Knight with a previous Avatar of Khonshu. We saw one way back in Hickman's SHIELD so we know there were others.

Bucky and Fury? That's pushing it, but... Bucky is Man on the Wall now, Fury's former position.

Janet and Nadia was one I thought they'd do, but didn't.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Having a Johnny, Danny and Robbie Ghost Riders one-shot would've been cool. Maybe even more past Ghost Riders too.
    How long has it been since Johnny Blaze met Marvel's original "Ghost Rider"?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Sam and Nova were originally in the first few ads for Generations and then they abandoned it. We got a 7 issue series prior to Generations, but no Generations one-shot.

Janet and Nadia was one I thought they'd do, but didn't.
    Yeah, Sam was meant to meet Rich as he was in his original 1970s series, before he became the cosmic hero and Corps leader we know today.

Even if a Wasp one was planned, it would've been nixed for the same reason as Nova's - her ongoing's cancellation. Would've been interesting though. Nadia gets to meet her Dad (since it would've been in the early days when Jan was essentially Hank's sidekick), but she can't admit who she is!