Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-Men characters with very outdated power grids

Sugar Man has learned intelligence in the power grid, (less than gifted like Emma, which is less than genius like Beast, which is less than super genius like Doom or Reed or Sinister) even though he is one of the top biologists of the planet and the Age of Apocalypse, and he was the secret ruler of Genosha for years, developing the Genoshan mutates. He is also one of the scientists Beast asked for help after M-Day, he simply answered that Beast couldnt pay enough to get his help.

it seems obvious to me HE should be at least Beast level in intelligence.

He also can grow in size enough to overpower a Sentinel, which means his potential super human strength is much greater than 3, peak human (that is like Captain America)

And Cyclops called him one of the best hand to hand combatants, with Dani Moonstar agreeing after meeting him. His power grid has him at normal fighting skills. (in AoA he killed Mondo with his tongue iirc)

fotos de gratis

there are a few other's I'd change. I think Jeffries should be learned by now after so many years working with Nemesis and Rao (two characters with genius intelligence). They are still working together, X-Club appeared in the last issue of Weapon X.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the power grids, they rarely make much sense

Yeah, the power grids are pretty worthless as far as I've seen them. You look at Polaris' power grid and it says she has only "Normal" intelligence despite the fact she has a Master's degree in Geophysics. She also has more Durability and Fighting Skills than she's given credit on the grid, while I simultaneously question Strength being a 3 ("Peak human") and not a 2 ("Normal"). Assuming Strength is about like, lifting stuff with her arms and not with her powers. If with her powers, it'd be much higher.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Also depends on which power grid you're talking about.

IE, X-23's grids are completely different between Marvel.com and Marvel Wikia. I think the latter is a bit more accurate, however her Intelligence should be either a 3 or 4 (she's very well-educated, multilingual, and is described as having an eidetic memory, so should at least be either Learned or Gifted) with at least some dialogue suggesting she could be pushing a 5 (IE Rice described that her IQ is so high that it doesn't even chart). Her Strength should be at least a 3, since her healing factor does present with low-level enhanced strength (denser bones, muscle, and connective tissue, enabling her to exert more of her muscular potential than a normal human being). So she may even be a very low-level 4.

However I think the "Fighting" grid needs a complete revision. There's too much emphasis on how many forms of combat a character knows. Besides the fact there's a friggen TON of different combat styles that the idea of "Master of All Forms of Combat" starts to become ridiculous, most of them overlap to a significant extent simply because human body mechanics only allow for so many ways to move. Put a HEMA/WMA practitioner in a ring with an equally skilled student of traditional Eastern martial arts and have them fight unarmed, and style alone isn't going to determine the outcome because the mechanics and principles are pretty much going to be the same).

BANNED

Storm is at least a 6 in every category.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    well, for her fans she is better at magic than Dr Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Also depends on which power grid you're talking about.

IE, X-23's grids are completely different between Marvel.com and Marvel Wikia.
    That's weird. What's the wiki using as the source then?

BANNED

A lot of the X-Men’s Power Grids are outdated. However, most of if not all of the X-Men’s powers tend to fluctuate. Some X-Men we see a power Increase or power Decrease depending on the Writer and Story they wanna tell. Though, I’m not sure if we should rely on Power Grids. Marvel as of now I don’t think cares about updating the X-Men’s Power Grid let alone the rest of the Marvel Universes.
    (That’s Just Me)

I agree with the Sugar man statement in Extra X-Men he was doing pretty well in handling a Sentinel. And Colossus(I believe) on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Lol the ONLY 6 Storm should have is Energy Projection. Everything else’s should be at least Below 5 or 4. Although, I’m interested on their definition on speed. Do they mean: Flight Speed? Reaction? Combat Speed? Which one.........

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    well, for her fans she is better at magic than Dr Strange
    I’m sure this is a joke. :-)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-30-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's weird. What's the wiki using as the source then?
    the wikis use as a source encyclopaedia style comic books that I think marvel hasn't published in years. google "official marvel handbook" to get examples

the sugar man power grid was taken from one of those books from 2005 only about Age of Apocalypse or Exiles characters

Yeah I agree with everyone here. Marvel or DC power grids/handbooks rarely make sense. They're always all over the place.

Beast, Iceman and a newly revived Jean Grey could use entirely new power grids.

I would suspect that is true for Rogue, Angel, Rachel and Nate Grey too.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Lol the ONLY 6 Storm should have is Energy Projection. Everything else’s should be at least Below 5 or 4. Although, I’m interested on their definition on speed. Do they mean: Flight Speed? Reaction? Combat Speed? Which one.........
    For Marvel wikia, they're saying speed means land or flight. The flight component is why I didn't say anything about how high Speed is for Lorna. A 5 works with flight included; without flight, she would only be a 2.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

If you think about it rationally you would need a pretty decent score in both Durability and Intelligence to properly make use of a high Speed score as well

Re: How strong Polaris is with her powers I believe that would all fit into Energy Projection, which is probably the the most ambiguous of the attributes because it applies to SO MANY very different abilities.

I have always thought that the Fighting attribute was by far the least important of them all, with Durability and Strength being the keys. If you have 5 or 6 in those two, you're good vs 99.99% of situations
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Dark Beast is more brilliant than Beast...proven easily in X Men Unlimited #10.

Maybe we should think about doing our own here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.