Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Yu, Sorrentino, Pacheco, Smallwood, and Larrocca.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Bird's dinosaur ancestors had teeth didn't they?

I think they are finally going to let Jean Grey simply be Phoenix (like Rachel was for years) without going insane or dying. She'll likely be powerful, but not overly powerful.

Although, I've been quite wrong in my predictions in the past.
    Clearly you're right in this circumstances. The Scarlet Witch has been a powerful witch now since she regained her memory and got repowered. There's Thor, Dr. Voodoo, Dr. Strange, Blue Marvel Spectrum, Magik, Storm, etc. Finally there's a Phoenix movie focusing on Jean Grey, at the same time.

Lately Marvel has realized many of it's powerful characters make great storylines for the films and their fantastic visual effects.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    No. Jean's return doesn't need to be brought down by this. Him doing Endsong was enough.
    Here's the thing, though. Endsong was beautiful. If I had to pick another tho, with idealism in mind, it would be probably be like... Sorrentino or Jimenez.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I want Phil Jimenez on it, specially if it can be the last issue. He drew her death, so it would be kind of poetic. His Jean is also beautiful anyway.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Endsong was beautiful. If I had to pick another tho, with idealism in mind, it would be probably be like... Sorrentino or Jimenez.
    Yes it was (not all of it though unfortunately, but most of it), and his work with Bunn on Uncanny was good too. But he is too inconsistent for me. I haven't liked his work on Weapon X, and I overall think his art can bring down a story.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-18-2017 at 07:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would need to be acknowledged bc it would be the big elephant in the room. They tried to destroy the PF bc they viewed it as evil and a force of destruction, yet Jean is the living embodiment of it. By their own logic, they would want to kill her as they Sh'iar have tried. I dont see how this could go ignored and it would be a big miss if it is.
    The Avengers took in the Scarlet Witch who did kill some of her teammates, and who created House of M and later devastated the mutant population. Maybe Wanda could talk to any Avengers who had any objections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want Phil Jimenez on it, specially if it can be the last issue. He drew her death, so it would be kind of poetic. His Jean is also beautiful anyway.
    Mmm. Fairest.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I don't mean to change subject again, because I am super interested in everybody's art picks...but storywise also...what do you guys want?

I hope this involves some Shiar smashing. Those ***holes have it coming. Have had it coming for years.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Phil Jimenez's Jean was perfection.

It is, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

those were the days. i wish Marvel could manage to lure Phil Jimenez away from DC.

BANNED

One of my fav images of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I thought Endsong was one of the most gorgeous works ever. If Land could keep up that quality of work, I'd love to see him back. He drew (or traced I should say) so many iconic panels of Jean there.

My favorite is New X-Men 148.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 09-18-2017 at 07:31 PM.

BANNED

Ethan Van Sciver did an amazing job also. I know he was supposed to do a Jean miniseries or at least the covers (hence the cover for New X-Men 134).