Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    But I want Jean in the Avengers and in the X-Men. The Avengers for cosmic stories or cosmic level threats. The X-Men for mutants, the school, and her interpersonal connections.
    The x-men have had a number of cosmic adventures and Jean was front and center in some of those. The Avengers don't own the copyright on cosmic.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    When Jean's time in the books concluded way back when, I thought it ended pretty ugly myself. Scott had cheated on her, Emma made a fool of her and she got lectured by Beast for mopping the floor with Emma during their catfight. Her parents and family are dead. She will be starting over like few people ever have too. Morrison wrote Jean like a robot but when true to character she can actually be funny, self-deprecating, almost painfully optimistic, lively and a number of other things that are actually very down to earth and engaging.

I'd like to see her form strong relationships with Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Tony Stark, Thor, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, Clint Barton, Johnny Storm and maybe strained relations with Wanda, Medusa and Crystal. Watching her build friendships, professional relationships and perhaps a romance or two, would be a wonderful character journey for the character. I have no problem seeing the Avengers, over time, become Jean's family now that the Grey's are gone.

The X-Franchise has spent a long time crapping on Jean, maybe that's why I'm not so keen on her being shackled to the X-Universe when the greater Marvel Universe has more to offer from an interesting character/story perspective.
    Jean has a family. Their names are Scott, Bobby, Warren, Hank, Logan, Ororo, Rogue, Kitty, Kurt, Rachel, Jubilation and many more. They're the only family Jean has left and they need her as much as she will need them. Jean would never ditch her family because the going got tough. You know why? Because she's "funny, self-deprecating, almost painfully optimistic, lively and a number of other things that are actually very down to earth and engaging". The only thing you missed was fiercely loyal.

BANNED

I'm no fan of the Avengers, and I'm not keen on the idea, but it's going to happen regardless. Besides, if Jean being on the Avengers prevents some BS waste of time catfight-over-a-douchebag story and allows her to have stories not related to that, what's the harm?

BANNED

Maybe Captain America and Shield decide to arrest her or something. Maybe they'll attack the school for this, just like in AvX. Because after all, we're talking about the Phoenix Force. And we don't want her to destroy the planet. You know, just like in AvX. Or maybe another crossover: AvX II. Just thinking...

Even the thought of someone like Jean joing the avengers is gross and nauseating. She's too good for that.

i wouldn't mind Jean in the Avengers. but it would be cool if the X-Men could have some cosmic adventures. heck, bring back Uncanny, make Jean the leader and send a group of X-Men into space.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    If anytrhing I would say not having Cyclops and Wolverine fight over her is a good thing. This allows her to do her own thing for once.
    that would be sensational, oh but everything is based on imitating the movies, and the stupid movies are not very benevolent with the red-haired girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I'm glad that adult Cyclops and Logan are not around. I don't want any man fighting for Jean's affection. She's got more important things to do and shouldn't be relegated to someone else's love interest.
    What's more important than the love of your life? (Logan )

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    What's more important than the love of your life? (Logan )
    God, Logan is not the love of Jean's life.

I don't get why people ship them so much, other than the movies. Their chemistry as a romantic couple isn't that great, and she's never actually had romantic feelings for them. It was an animal attraction, at best, and I think that for Logan it was the same - mixed with the fact that she looked like Rose. Just let her be single. Let Logan be single too, for that matter, when he comes back.

It'd be creepy to see OML with adult Jean because of his dynamic with teen Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If Jean is the Phoenix, then she's possessed by an ancient force which is billions of years old. I doubt Old Man Logan's gray hair bothers her much.

(in other words, I bet you dollars to donuts they're boning soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wanted her back way before this.

I have no interest in the teen O5.

I do wonder however, how she is going to react to not only the Professor, Scott and Logan being dead but her entire family (wiped out by the Shi'ar to prevent any more Phoenix) being dead also. The whole thing seems kind depressing from her perspective.

She comes back to a world way worse (for her) than the one she left.

But you have a really good point tho.

Without her family (who we barely ever saw in the X-Men) and without the Scott-Jean-Logan triangle what exactly are we getting back? What is she gonna do?

Lead what is left of her version of the O5 (O4 now I guess)? Run the school that got named after her (which must be kinda embarrassing for her)?

Go solo? Trying to make a solo character out of thin air gets you Captain Marvel more often then not.

I'm happy to have her back but the logistics of this are pretty bad.

This really should have happened after Schism.
    Jean i smore than Logan and Scott, It's good that she is back without them,.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

I don't get why people ship them so much, other than the movies. Their chemistry as a romantic couple isn't that great, and she's never actually had romantic feelings for them. It was an animal attraction, at best, and I think that for Logan it was the same - mixed with the fact that she looked like Rose. Just let her be single. Let Logan be single too, for that matter, when he comes back.

It'd be creepy to see OML with adult Jean because of his dynamic with teen Jean.
    It would get awkward with teen jean.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-20-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

They've proven over the years that it's gone far beyond simply being an "animal attraction", that's just a way to demean the pairing by belittling it like that...

BANNED

Why can't Jean be everywhere like OML & Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Why can't Jean be everywhere like OML & Wolverine?
    Would you really want her to be? Really? She's just on her way back, hasn't even been shown on panel yet, and everyone's ready to spam her across a whack of books. I just don't understand why this idea appeals to anyone. Let's forget about the Avengers for now. Having Jean is three or four ongoing x-books makes sense how?

At most I think one team books, ideally Uncanny, and maybe having her pickup Jeen's solo make the most sense for her return. Maybe we should see the manner of her return, and exactly what version of her we're getting before carting her off to the Logan school of overexposure shall we.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They've proven over the years that it's gone far beyond simply being an "animal attraction", that's just a way to demean the pairing by belittling it like that...
    Maybe in other universes, but in the main universe canon we've literally got Logan telling Jean at a certain point that she doesn't love him like that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey