Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Adult Jean Grey Returns in Marvel’s Phoenix: Resurrection

http://www.cbr.com/adult-jean-grey-r...R-TW&view=list

"Matt came to us with a really interesting and unique approach to bringing Jean back,” senior editor Mark Paniccia said in an official statement. “It’s not what we expected, and plays to Matt’s biggest strengths as a storyteller. This is very cool mystery building to a mind-warping climax. And it has plenty of what you’d expect from an X-MEN epic of this magnitude. Action, romance, sacrifice, lots of X-Men and five great artists.”

“It’s such a mind-blowing honor to bring back the original Jean Grey,” Rosenberg said of working on his and Yu’s series. “I’ve been an X-Men fan my whole life and Jean is, in my mind, the true soul of the X-Men. So we aren’t taking this lightly. We’re going for that perfect balance of universe shaking epic and intimate personal drama that only the X-Men ever truly achieve. This is all hands on deck for the X-Men as every available member heads into battle for the soul of their team and maybe even the fate of the Marvel Universe.”

This is so exciting!

On Newsarama with a bit more comments:
    https://www.newsarama.com/36438-the-...urrection.html

Strange events are no surprise to the X-Men, but when events start occurring that are more specific and strange than usual, the group is forced to confront the truth: could Jean be alive after all? And how will this Jean Grey deal with a world that is now so different from the one she left years ago?

“This is just the beginning,” teased Paniccia. “Something this big will leave quite a footprint on the Marvel Universe. Jean will have a startling new role after this, and you’re left wondering, how will the rest of the X-Men respond? What will happen to young Jean Grey?”

Variants:

I really like how Yu draws old man Logan. And I'm intrigued as to what Jean's new role will be.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

kitty is about to show jean who the true hbic is.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you mean the opposite?...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Now that has potential!

i am excite!

Excited to see how they bring her back. Even I'm not sure anymore.
    First X-Lady

“This is just the beginning,” teased Paniccia. “Something this big will leave quite a footprint on the Marvel Universe. Jean will have a startling new role after this, and you’re left wondering, how will the rest of the X-Men respond?"
    I really friggin' hope this isn't confirmation of Jean going to the Avengers. :/

Astonishing Member

Plese let this mean the O5 are leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I really friggin' hope this isn't confirmation of Jean going to the Avengers. :/
    I bet it is... I wish it would be her taking over Xavier's role or becoming a cosmic hero as Phoenix though.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    With how the Jean grey solo series is going I don't think it will happen as quickly with the younger Jean at least to be honest I'd like to see younger Jean interact with older Jean once older Jean returns from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    To their own AU spinoff series, hopefully. It's weird. For as little use as I have for the 05 in the main Marvel U, I'd be very interested in seeing them get a do-over in their own timeline (or close enough to it) with their knowledge of potential futures intact.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I bet it is... I wish it would be her taking over Xavier's role or becoming a cosmic hero as Phoenix though.
    It would be great to see the Phoenix force being used more as a force for good if possible going forward even after older Jean returns from the dead.