Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Leader of the avengers and X-Men

Shes a far better female hero than captain marvel.

Would love her to have her 90s costumes back as well.

Just hope this isn't marvel doing a bait and switch, I just don't trust them right now.
    +1 though she needs to keep her Phoenix costume.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yoooo am I the only that feels like this is a random and stupid time to bring back Jean Grey? She's been dead for like a decade and there have been some AMAZING stories that have been told that could have been even better had it led to her return. For instance she's returning now and both Wolverine and Cyclops are dead so we don't get to see them fight for her affection. I would have loved to see her return after Schism when the roles were reversed and Wolverine was the Boy Scout and Cyclops was the animal. Or shortly after Avx when cylops was screaming mutant revolution! Or even during inhuman vs xMen when the men were on the verge of extinction. I just feel like Marvel is out of ish to do with the xmen and this is like there last card. It kinda sucks
    I think its a perfect time to bring her back specifically because they are both dead. Jean is/was to defined by those two guys and it will be refershing to get to know her without them around or pining over her.

As to the thread.....I hope she joins the Avengers. Don't care what Avengers team at this point. If she is on it I will pick it up.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    On Newsarama with a bit more comments:
    https://www.newsarama.com/36438-the-...urrection.html

Strange events are no surprise to the X-Men, but when events start occurring that are more specific and strange than usual, the group is forced to confront the truth: could Jean be alive after all? And how will this Jean Grey deal with a world that is now so different from the one she left years ago?

“This is just the beginning,” teased Paniccia. “Something this big will leave quite a footprint on the Marvel Universe. Jean will have a startling new role after this, and you’re left wondering, how will the rest of the X-Men respond? What will happen to young Jean Grey?”

Variants:

The first variant is based on Dave Cockrum's cover of UXM#101, dated Oct 1976. The second one is a direct reproduction of John Byrne's tittle page of UXM#136, dated Aug of 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

http://www.cbr.com/adult-jean-grey-r...R-TW&view=list

"Matt came to us with a really interesting and unique approach to bringing Jean back,” senior editor Mark Paniccia said in an official statement. “It’s not what we expected, and plays to Matt’s biggest strengths as a storyteller. This is very cool mystery building to a mind-warping climax. And it has plenty of what you’d expect from an X-MEN epic of this magnitude. Action, romance, sacrifice, lots of X-Men and five great artists.”

“It’s such a mind-blowing honor to bring back the original Jean Grey,” Rosenberg said of working on his and Yu’s series. “I’ve been an X-Men fan my whole life and Jean is, in my mind, the true soul of the X-Men. So we aren’t taking this lightly. We’re going for that perfect balance of universe shaking epic and intimate personal drama that only the X-Men ever truly achieve. This is all hands on deck for the X-Men as every available member heads into battle for the soul of their team and maybe even the fate of the Marvel Universe.”
    One thing I learned over the last 20 years is the Marvel comic covers can be so fake outs! Not about the main storyline, but about those who may appear in the story. A character can appear on the cover and not even be a part of the story. That is why I am sceptical that Rogue will be the story. For one thing, when Jean died, Rogue had already been pushed on of the 2 main X-Books...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One thing I learned over the last 20 years is the Marvel comic covers can be so fake outs! Not about the main storyline, but about those who may appear in the story. A character can appear on the cover and not even be a part of the story. That is why I am sceptical that Rogue will be the story. For one thing, when Jean died, Rogue had already been pushed on of the 2 main X-Books...
    By that logic, the only person on the cover who was in the 2 main X-books at that time was Nightcrawler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yoooo am I the only that feels like this is a random and stupid time to bring back Jean Grey? She's been dead for like a decade and there have been some AMAZING stories that have been told that could have been even better had it led to her return. For instance she's returning now and both Wolverine and Cyclops are dead so we don't get to see them fight for her affection. I would have loved to see her return after Schism when the roles were reversed and Wolverine was the Boy Scout and Cyclops was the animal. Or shortly after Avx when cylops was screaming mutant revolution! Or even during inhuman vs xMen when the men were on the verge of extinction. I just feel like Marvel is out of ish to do with the xmen and this is like there last card. It kinda sucks

I wanted her back way before this.

I have no interest in the teen O5.

I do wonder however, how she is going to react to not only the Professor, Scott and Logan being dead but her entire family (wiped out by the Shi'ar to prevent any more Phoenix) being dead also. The whole thing seems kind depressing from her perspective.

She comes back to a world way worse (for her) than the one she left.

But you have a really good point tho.

Without her family (who we barely ever saw in the X-Men) and without the Scott-Jean-Logan triangle what exactly are we getting back? What is she gonna do?

Lead what is left of her version of the O5 (O4 now I guess)? Run the school that got named after her (which must be kinda embarrassing for her)?

Go solo? Trying to make a solo character out of thin air gets you Captain Marvel more often then not.

I'm happy to have her back but the logistics of this are pretty bad.

This really should have happened after Schism.

If this leads to the O5 leaving then I'm all for it. I wouldn't care if it was a good or bad story if it means the O5 finally leave for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I'm glad that adult Cyclops and Logan are not around. I don't want any man fighting for Jean's affection. She's got more important things to do and shouldn't be relegated to someone else's love interest.
    We still have Old Man Logan.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Still flying

But why does this have to be Yu on art? Of all artists available why do they give Yu all of these events? The art is going to be bland, dirty, everyone with the same face and expression. In fact, rather give it to Land if that is what you are going for, at least it would be cleaner. I would just have to deal with that damn Land smile everyone has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wanted her back way before this.

I have no interest in the teen O5.

I do wonder however, how she is going to react to not only the Professor, Scott and Logan being dead but her entire family (wiped out by the Shi'ar to prevent any more Phoenix) being dead also. The whole thing seems kind depressing from her perspective.

She comes back to a world way worse (for her) than the one she left.

But you have a really good point tho.

Without her family (who we barely ever saw in the X-Men) and without the Scott-Jean-Logan triangle what exactly are we getting back? What is she gonna do?

Lead what is left of her version of the O5 (O4 now I guess)? Run the school that got named after her (which must be kinda embarrassing for her)?

Go solo? Trying to make a solo character out of thin air gets you Captain Marvel more often then not.

I'm happy to have her back but the logistics of this are pretty bad.

This really should have happened after Schism.
    Jean was good friends with Storm, reasonably close with Nightcrawler, and Colossus, good friends with Polaris, etc. She was ALWAYS a lot more than the stupid triangle.

We saw Jeen move on in the context of both the X-Men and Marvel Universe, including make new connections with Kitty Pryde and with heroes like Thor and Dr. Strange. So upon her return we'll see Phoenix with her old friends and we'll see her make new connections.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    But why does this have to be Yu on art? Of all artists available why do they give Yu all of these events? The art is going to be bland, dirty, everyone with the same face and expression. In fact, rather give it to Land if that is what you are going for, at least it would be cleaner. I would just have to deal with that damn Land smile everyone has.
    They are giving this to 5 artists

Yu >>>>>>>>>>>> Land

Isn't now the professor alive? He's on both covers of the x-men books in December. So he'll be around when she comes back

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Isn't now the professor alive? He's on both covers of the x-men books in December. So he'll be around when she comes back
    No. His astral form allegedly is in the Astral plane but he's not among the living, at least not yet

Anyone think Jean might possess the power to send the 05 back from whence they came?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Anyone think Jean might possess the power to send the 05 back from whence they came?
    Change "think" with "praying" and I'm with you, lmao.

Although if they are from an alt dimension, what if the teen 5 go bad and stay as villains? They're all afraid of becoming their damaged older selves, but what if they are the ones truly damaged?