Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Change "think" with "praying" and I'm with you, lmao.

Although if they are from an alt dimension, what if the teen 5 go bad and stay as villains? They're all afraid of becoming their damaged older selves, but what if they are the ones truly damaged?
    Eh part of me wants her to just incinerate them with some cosmic fire, but I would love for her to be the one to send them wherever they are from and out of the present 616. I think it would be a great event, her sending them back

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Although if [the O5] are from an alt dimension...
    I thought this was essentially established at the end of Hopeless's All-New X-Men. Beast takes the others back to their own time, where they see themselves fighting bad guys like they're never left.

I always took that to mean that Secret Wars plucked them from the main timeline and put them into their own, separate timeline.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I wouldn't be surprised if the current Blue solicits are teasing the teen 05 moving towards Exiles-esque dimension-hopping adventures going forward so Marvel can bring the adult versions back to prominence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I thought this was essentially established at the end of Hopeless's All-New X-Men. Beast takes the others back to their own time, where they see themselves fighting bad guys like they're never left.

I always took that to mean that Secret Wars plucked them from the main timeline and put them into their own, separate timeline.
    They could EASILY explain that wasn't their dimension. Beast simply didn't want to go back and took them back to a point in another timeline to convince them to stay. However, as much as they've been changed no one believes that these are the REAL characters because there's no way.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They could EASILY explain that wasn't their dimension. Beast simply didn't want to go back and took them back to a point in another timeline to convince them to stay. However, as much as they've been changed no one believes that these are the REAL characters because there's no way.
    Good points.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

I see 3 choices:

1) They were always from the past but that's inconsistent with lots that's happened.
    2) They are from the past but SW altered all that.
    3) The time Beast took them to was misleading.

It felt to me like the Secret Wars thing is what the answer was. That the timeline they came from was destroyed, and when the universe reformed, it created a new one. It's the same as Old Man Logan and Miles.

I feel like they aren't going to get rid of them. They're still gonna be around doing stuff, especially since most of them have been defined as their own characters so they are able to stand on their own.

Something I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed:
    So, Cullen Bunn who's X-Men Blue wrote the Generations one-shot where Young Jean met Phoenix.
    Then you have Dennis Hopeless who's writing the Jean Grey solo series about the Phoenix returning for Young Jean.
    There's also Jason Aaron doing his Phoenix stuff in Marvel Legacy (and Thor Generations and possibly Avengers)
    And now Matthew Rosenberg is writing the actual return of Jean.

It's pretty interesting you got four very different writers for four different books all leading to essentially the same thing. I wonder how they're all going to play out or come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It felt to me like the Secret Wars thing is what the answer was. That the timeline they came from was destroyed, and when the universe reformed, it created a new one. It's the same as Old Man Logan and Miles.

I feel like they aren't going to get rid of them. They're still gonna be around doing stuff, especially since most of them have been defined as their own characters so they are able to stand on their own.

Something I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed:
    So, Cullen Bunn who's X-Men Blue wrote the Generations one-shot where Young Jean met Phoenix.
    Then you have Dennis Hopeless who's writing the Jean Grey solo series about the Phoenix returning for Young Jean.
    There's also Jason Aaron doing his Phoenix stuff in Marvel Legacy (and Thor Generations and possibly Avengers)
    And now Matthew Rosenberg is writing the actual return of Jean.

It's pretty interesting you got four very different writers for four different books all leading to essentially the same thing. I wonder how they're all going to play out or come together.
    Well Hopeless and Bunn had said they worked together for Jean Grey in Generations, Jean Grey and X-Men Blue about Jean if I'm not mistaken. But for the others especially Aaron I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the current Blue solicits are teasing the teen 05 moving towards Exiles-esque dimension-hopping adventures going forward so Marvel can bring the adult versions back to prominence.
    I doubt they'll be gone for long, as teenager Jean Grey is with them and that would mean all of her solo book AND the Phoenix Resurrection mini took place before she went with her team to her Exiles-esque adventures. So yea, I think it's just a dimension-hopping arc in Blue and they'll be back in time to face adult Jean Grey's return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Anyone think Jean might possess the power to send the 05 back from whence they came?
    Definitely. The question is whether she would do that or not.

BANNED

Where is she going to go?

Unless they're going to being a new X book I don't see where she'd fit in.

Astonishing won't finish it's maxi run by January.

Blue's time hopping alt. reality thing doesn't fit with her character

NO ONE who is a Jean Grey, or Xmen fan wants her to be in Gold on Kitty's team.

Paniccia already said Astonishing will become something new after issue 12 (or something like that), and that will be on sale a month after the Phoenix mini ends. Time enough for Jean to be ready for a new X-Book. That said, I still think they'll be shoving her in the Avengers, which if I had to guess, will be written by Aaron after Waid is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Paniccia already said Astonishing will become something new after issue 12 (or something like that), and that will be on sale a month after the Phoenix mini ends. Time enough for Jean to be ready for a new X-Book. That said, I still think they'll be shoving her in the Avengers, which if I had to guess, will be written by Aaron after Waid is done.
    Yeah, the Avengers team gets a new cast and creative change starting in... January 2018!

Fox pushing the dark Phoenix movie back to November instead of summer kinda messes with marvel's synergy in this case.

If the series starts in December and lasts 5 issues it could be April/may when it concludes, which would've lined up perfectly with the release of the dark Phoenix movie's original release time.

Not sure how much of a difference it'll make in sales but I'm sure that was their original intent- conclude the story just before the film release.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Wasn't DPS always set for a November premiere though?