Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    oh my god! i love cable interactions with jean. hope they keep their weird adoptive mother/son even if scott isnt alive
    The Cable/Jean scenes were some of the best stuff Claremont wrote during his 2nd stint on Uncanny (while Scott was dead). What worked then was how Scott's death impacted Cable and provided motivation for his character development, both in Uncanny and his solo book. That's what's missing from a lot of X-books these days. There's isolated character beat in one story and those aren't carried over by other writers. Jean's former teammates are going to be impacted by her return, but there's a bigger impact on Nathan and Rachel - who almost certainly will be excluded.

BANNED

Jean Grey, the Phoenix, a stupid Avenger? After everything that happened on AvX? No thanks.

I wonder if she could get a solo after that. They did create a new Phoenix logo lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    As long as all alternate reality characters get burnt away. Anyway I'm hoping with Jeans return they can stop idolizing her in death and maybe we can some controversy to bring her on par with Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Xavier, Beast and Emma
    Jean's character can never be assassinated...except in X-Men Forever. And one of those characters has not been character assassinated at all but in fact has reverted to his/her true colors, but I'll leave you guessing who.

oh my god! i love cable interactions with jean. hope they keep their weird adoptive mother/son even if scott isnt alive
    It's hardly adoptive. It's biological. Not to mention Maddie literally was a reborn Phoenix who was a reborn Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Jean's character can never be assassinated...except in X-Men Forever.
    Everyones character can be assassinated. Just brace for it. It won't be as bad as Gwen/Osborn

Or hooking up with someone as politically backward as Odin

It's hardly adoptive. It's biological. Not to mention Maddie literally was a reborn Phoenix who was a reborn Jean.
    Well it wasnt biological bc she didnt birth him. Sisters/twins can adopt their nieces/nephews. She technically was his stepmother but thats a minor distinction. She raised him and was his mother in every way that counts

why was it weird and what does Scott being dead have to do with anything? The two remained close the last time he "died"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Trying to get excited for this, but....

Never read anything by Rosenberg, is he any good?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Pannacia just posted a panel of Yu art from this on Twitter and Cable is in it. That alone makes this full of win!
    Wait...
    Old Man Logan and Cable in the same comic?
    Yes.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The lines "maybe Jean is alive after all" and "mind warping climax" have me excited and mildly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Trying to get excited for this, but....

Never read anything by Rosenberg, is he any good?
    I'm really liking his Secret Warriors run. But I imagine this will have a total different tone...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well it wasnt biological bc she didnt birth him. Sisters/twins can adopt their nieces/nephews. She technically was his stepmother but thats a minor distinction. She raised him and was his mother in every way that counts
    Well I consider Maddie to be Jean or another incarnation of her. She was way more than a twin to Jean. It's not just that her body was a clone body of Jean but it's also that she literally was just a body with no mind or soul until the Phoenix brought her to life using Jean's "stolen" pieces. There's a reason that Maddie woke up screaming Scott's name just as Phoenix had screamed Scott's name a few seconds/minutes before when she committed suicide. All of Maddie's memories were Jean's rearranged as well. Maddie was nothing but an empty slab and she recognized this because she blamed Jean (her whole counterpart) for bringing her to a life she never wanted and could never win in because Jean rejected the Phoenix "stolen" portions of her, which is why the Phoenix went to the next best thing which was her genetic duplicate. There's a few times at the end of Inferno that Jean (and Maddie) both recognize this and also why Jean has so much fears and insecurities because she's seen two versions of herself, who were both basically her even if she didn't actually live those lives, turn out to be evil. And Claremont reiterated them being the same person in X-Men: The End, probably because the 90s resurrection of Maddie under the pen of those who were not Claremont made it seem as though she was just another clone walking around the Marvel Universe, but otherwise pretty individual of Jean.

From Mark Paniccia‏'s Twitter...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well I consider Maddie to be Jean or another incarnation of her. She was way more than a twin to Jean. It's not just that her body was a clone body of Jean but it's also that she literally was just a body with no mind or soul until the Phoenix brought her to life using Jean's "stolen" pieces. There's a reason that Maddie woke up screaming Scott's name just as Phoenix had screamed Scott's name a few seconds/minutes before when she committed suicide. All of Maddie's memories were Jean's rearranged as well. Maddie was nothing but an empty slab and she recognized this because she blamed Jean (her whole counterpart) for bringing her to a life she never wanted and could never win in because Jean rejected the Phoenix "stolen" portions of her, which is why the Phoenix went to the next best thing which was her genetic duplicate. There's a few times at the end of Inferno that Jean (and Maddie) both recognize this and also why Jean has so much fears and insecurities because she's seen two versions of herself, who were both basically her even if she didn't actually live those lives, turn out to be evil. And Claremont reiterated them being the same person in X-Men: The End, probably because the 90s resurrection of Maddie under the pen of those who were not Claremont made it seem as though she was just another clone walking around the Marvel Universe, but otherwise pretty individual of Jean.
    I respect your opinion but we have different views on this. To me, Maddie was her own person, not Jean reincarnated. I never read the issues from her debut till death as Jean, but rather Maddie, the clone that Sinister sent out

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Seeing as how this is an X-Men event, I hope that Jean's interesting new role is still related to the X-Men. Don't know why you'd bring her back with an X-Men centered event, and then have her just leave to join the Avengers. Jean has been gone too long from the X-Men, and it wouldn't make sense for her to remain absent after her return. Very excited though!
    Exactly! I mean we've waited so long for her return, it would be really annoying for her to be on an Avengers team instead of with the X-men. I don't mind if she pulls double duty and is featured in both Avengers and an X-title, but either way she should be with the X-men at least for a little while! So much has happened since she's been gone, it opens up a lot of interesting interactions...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    From Mark Paniccia‏'s Twitter...
    Honestly seeing this pic I wonder if her return will have to do with time travel shenanigans. I really hope not.