Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly seeing this pic I wonder if her return will have to do with time travel shenanigans. I really hope not.
    Don't jinx it!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Exactly! I mean we've waited so long for her return, it would be really annoying for her to be on an Avengers team instead of with the X-men. I don't mind if she pulls double duty and is featured in both Avengers and an X-title, but either way she should be with the X-men at least for a little while! So much has happened since she's been gone, it opens up a lot of interesting interactions...
    I think her getting involved in both x-men and avengers comics both would be the ideal outcome/compromise still I know that many so many x-men fans will still be against it and will want any and all x-men characters not just older Jean to be in and appear only in x-men related titles and are so against an x-men character joining any avengers title/team.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-18-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think her getting involved in both x-men and avengers comics both would be the ideal outcome/compromise still I know that many so many x-men fans will still be against it and will want any and all x-men characters not just older Jean to be in and appear only in x-men related titles and are so against an x-men character joining any avengers title/team.
    My ideal scenario would be her on 3 books, a solo, X-Men and Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well it wasnt biological bc she didnt birth him. Sisters/twins can adopt their nieces/nephews. She technically was his stepmother but thats a minor distinction. She raised him and was his mother in every way that counts

why was it weird and what does Scott being dead have to do with anything? The two remained close the last time he "died"
    Lobdell used the phrase that Jean was Nathan's mom in "every way that truly mattered". X-fans that are adoptive parents have picked up on that, but technically Jean could be considered genetically Nathan's mother since Maddie was her clone.

I thought the way Scott's death was handled back then worked well that there was consequences and results to individual characters, and then when Scott returned Morrison did a good job of actually paying off that Scott had changed. But in Cable, the book was rebooted and Cable after Search for Cyclops it was like Nathan was no longer Scott's son since Cable had gone a completely different direction.

Coordinating a lot of different writers and book isn't easy, but it adds to the story rather than taking away from it. I hope with Jean's return we see impact to all of the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't trust the Avengers side of Marvel with Jean tbh.
    They can't even get Carol right.

So happy to hear the original, one and only Jean will be back with us soon! The x-books have never been the same without her.

A few people are speculating that she'll end up on the Avengers following this series but I could see it playing out a different way. Since Jean and PF are technically separate entities, I could see Jean staying in x-books and the Phoenix becoming an Avenger. I'm not a huge fan of this move as I think the PF is too fundamental to Jean's character to sever now but if that's the way it plays out I'll take it over not having Jean back at all.

And what a continuity she's coming back to. Some of her close friends are gone. Other's have changed almost to be unrecognizable. Kitty's in charge. Emma's back in the villain column (for now). Such a target rich environment for awesome stories about Jean finding her place in this new normal and reacting to all that's happened since she died. Of course I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping she's first of other core x-men to return but I can live with Jean finding her footing without Scott, Logan or Charles... for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I don't trust the Avengers side of Marvel with Jean tbh.
    They can't even get Carol right.
    I was not a fan of Carol's x-men era stories honestly she was more often then not ignored and forgotten in favor of other x-men characters and she would spend more time in comic book limbo then not.

My ideal scenario would be her on 3 books, a solo, X-Men and Avengers.
    I agree with that it would be the best outcome for Jean.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Awesome news! Looking forward to this.

Just have the Phoenix drop her on the lawn of the school and then leave her forever.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    From Mark Paniccia‏'s Twitter...
    Finally! Cable interacting with the X-men in ResurrXion. Been waiting for this ever since they said he was the new "X-patriarch" with real Scott and Logan dead.

BANNED

I wonder how she will be depicted. cognizant of everything that happened in her absence or forgetting everything after being "purged" of the Phoenix. Wonder how she will reach out to cable hope and tracheal not yo mention teen jean. Maybe she will find a kindred spirit in jean? Anyway every avenger must be trembling in their boots thinking what if she comes after them as dark Phoenix for what they pushed Scott into doing. Wonder if she will also resurrect cyclops but her meeting teenclops would be interesting. This time it seems that the X men will be the ones ushering her in her return instead of the FF and avengers. Will this mean that she will create a new team of uncanny avengers in a twist on X factor and what will she do on meeting SW? It would also be interesting to see a rematch with xorn or magneto and to see who she blames for her death. Can the new role she has to adopt be the role of the living white pheonix queen of all reality and getting added as one of the beings in the cosmic pantheon like Ulysses?

Extraordinary Member

Sometimes I kind of wish Art Adams would stop drawing period.
    Adams wasn't exactly fast in his heyday and he was a much younger dude then.

By now you have to figure you need to give him the same 2 1/2 months per issue that you give David Aja.

If the Phoenix Force does end up on an Avengers team, I demand that any Avengers with her who were involved in AvX admit they were wrong.

Amazing Member

It's good to see adult Jean return, but I'll wait for the reviews and price figure in the UK before deciding on whether to buy it or not.